A thought on coplaying, from InnoGames point of view...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You told me I was wrong as Cf had posted(in another thread) something about less competition or some crap. When in actual fact he hadn't posted anything in this thread, your relating this being said elsewhere to this. So you were wrong.

- I dont think your sentence even makes sense. But maybe the grammar and language maes it unreadable for me.

Course your moaning about it, your posting a hypothetical situation that would be in favor of Inno-games banning co-playing, or making a world where its not allowed.

- Thats not moanning. Yes that suggestion was in favour of it being banned. doesnt mean I wasnt intersted in the counter arguments given. I also only focused on two areas of coplaying (PP and Competitiveness). There are many others as you have pointed out - in some of those I agree with coplaying.

Whereas I know as already been said a lot of people would not play without co-playing...mostly because they want a life.

- I think i took that into account in my OP...

You've used our tribe(verbally bashed them because there top and have got co-players playing there accounts on most) and used wrong information on your hypothetical situation so it looks as if your argument is more valid that what it actually is.

- I have not verbally bashed your tribe. I mentioned several times that I respect them, think they'd still be top without coplaying etc.
I have happily admitted I was wrong to propose there are 60 players in Axes!... already been posted on previous page... Though in my OP I said that the effect described would be across all tribes and with coplayers from other tribes too taken into account.

No, I said that 5%-10% of people don't like others co-playing, don't change my words about to suit your argument.

- And I proposed a reaosn why it would be only 5-10%... Reasoning, debating and non offencive language... what forums should be for.

So your against it :icon_confused: You posting a hypothetical situation on it and asking for others to agree with you, is you agreeing with that small majority that you don't think co-playing is fair.

- Never said asking others to agree with me. Seeing if many did. Reading and listening to agreement and disagreement posts.

It's coming out of your behind for sure, I never mentioned anything about it having an affect on in-game/skype/rl friendships. You wrote that not me, so you saying that 'it doesn't take much to take that as fighting each other would stop you being friends and talking on skype etc.' It's your words and your opinion, not mine so don't make it out to be mine.

You posted
Why should I suffer
Must mean you consider not playing with all of your friends in the same tribe suffering.
In the context above, that must surely mean you think playing against your friends would have some negative impact on the social side of TW... hence the friendships made on TW.

Your right it is hard to not look at it, when all that ever happens is people whining about co-playing being not fair, like I said if you don't like it away you go and play the Spanish server.Its turned into something that latley has came up in every thread, ands it's the same people saying the same things over and over and over again. No need for you to make more threads to do with it, just adding to the crap.

So stop looking at it then? :S
Whether I play the spanish sevrer or not is up to me.
Bolded part.... im not trying to add to the crap, im trying to contain what you consider to be crap to one thread. And I dont think im saying things which have bee said in every thread prior to this - I havent read one post on w9 that mentioned anything about the PP side of the coplaying debate.

DeletedUser

I think coplaying makes the game fairer, and banning it could cause TW to lose customers because most people who know they're not active enough to remain competitive don't tend to bother playing at all.

DeletedUser

- I dont think your sentence even makes sense. But maybe the grammar and language maes it unreadable for me.

So can't admit your worng, so you proceed to bash my grammar and lnguage? Go read the rules.

- Thats not moanning. Yes that suggestion was in favour of it being banned. doesnt mean I wasnt intersted in the counter arguments given. I also only focused on two areas of coplaying (PP and Competitiveness). There are many others as you have pointed out - in some of those I agree with coplaying.

Yes your moaning, so you agree with co-playing or you don't ?:icon_rolleyes:
I know you only focused on those parts, as those parts are highly in favor of it being banned, thus you agree with that other small percentage that co-playing should be banned

- I think i took that into account in my OP...
Oh yeah that massive mention you gave it >>> with arguments along the lines of not enough time to do well. Some

Sure you did then you went onto the more in depth in favor things of bannin/not allowing co-playing:icon_rolleyes: clearly against it.

- I have not verbally bashed your tribe. I mentioned several times that I respect them, think they'd still be top without coplaying etc.
I have happily admitted I was wrong to propose there are 60 players in Axes!... already been posted on previous page... Though in my OP I said that the effect described would be across all tribes and with coplayers from other tribes too taken into account.

Course you have, you've invented some hypothetical situation, where your information is not only wrong but offensive towards Axes!, for the fact you've stretched it out to be something that is not actually happening.

- And I proposed a reaosn why it would be only 5-10%... Reasoning, debating and non offencive language... what forums should be for.

No you stated 5%-10% co-played, where's I was quite clear i was stating that percentage towards those who are against co-playing. See below. So I say again, don't change my words about to suit your argument.

5-10% because 5-10% coplay and the other 80-90% dont use these forums.

- Never said asking others to agree with me. Seeing if many did. Reading and listening to agreement and disagreement posts.

Not in a way that is 'Does anyone agree with me'. In a way where your hypothetical situation is focused very much more on ( What I suppose you'd consider benefits??) PP for inno-games. If you did not want others to agree with you then you would have posted valid points for both sides, and not simply shunned one side.

Must mean you consider not playing with all of your friends in the same tribe suffering.
In the context above, that must surely mean you think playing against your friends would have some negative impact on the social side of TW... hence the friendships made on TW.

I do consider it suffering, no again, your making assumptions about what I am thinking, I can definitely tell you that you are wrong. So no, it does not 'surely mean' anything of the sort, it means I would suffer as a player because I would not be allowed to play a game with people who I like to play with.

So stop looking at it then? :S
Whether I play the spanish sevrer or not is up to me.
Bolded part.... im not trying to add to the crap, im trying to contain what you consider to be crap to one thread. And I dont think im saying things which have bee said in every thread prior to this - I havent read one post on w9 that mentioned anything about the PP side of the coplaying debate.

Stop whining about it then?:icon_rolleyes:

You my not be trying to, but you surely did add to the crap. Oh so because you mentioned a diffrent part of the non-co-playing side means it deserves a thread of its own? Like I said, this thread does not imo belong here and I agree with onetruth it is more fitting to teh general section.

Also...at least have decency to quote me properly :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

According to Internet Law, when you're forced to resort to red herrings you've already lost the argument.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
i think you greatly exaggerate the amount of players in axes, not every account has 3 players, mine only has one.

All accounts but 2 have at least 2 players. A few have 4, if he exaggerated at all he did so by a small margin. There are at least 50 players in the tribe.

EDIT: 50 people in Axes tribe chat and some ofthe players on ALessonInBeingSwedish aren't in the chat, so indeed, the number is over 50.

DeletedUser6695

Just for the record i didn't complain about lack of competition I just stated our lead was becoming ridiculous and it's a pity no one can keep up

DeletedUser

im all for the idea of co playing, but i do think there is activity abuse, 4 players on one account is too much imo, makes for great account of coarse, but hey. of coarse it does,

50+ members in a 20 man tribe is a HUGE amount imo, no wondering you lot are killing the pig :d but good on yas, theres alot of work putting something like this together, but every one wants to play in corys tribes, so prob not to hard for cory to put together.,

i have to agree with some of the above statements of complaining of no competetion, and a few arrogant posts like "this is pethetic, some1 keep up" seems a little unwarranted when you have double the players of most tribes.

this is a reoccurring trend on most worlds tbh, and i really like corys idea about splitting tribes 4 ways ect ect, i hope it goes on for the next world, as i think will be the most competitive start up any world would have seen for a long time.

DeletedUser

I don't think the "less competition" has to do with coplaying, but just the less amount of players that play anymore. As I believe Pervis said, there has been a lack of new talent entering the game, unlike a few years ago where the game was in it's prime.

DeletedUser

Foreward: Why does every thread about coplaying always have the one or two dicks who think their personal pride is at stake and need to prove that they could do just as well solo?

Actual post: Very interesting series of thoughts, OP. I feel that while you touch upon an interesting vein as to coplaying costing Innogames money since there are less accounts that premium needs to be bought for, I feel that you have ignored a couple of important points.

The first being that the people who purchase premiums are normally veterans of the game who can't live without premium. Face it, once you get used to those features, living without it is impossible. Which leads me to my second point, wherein we have to consider why these veterans still play tw. It isn't to watch a timer tick down on a construction queue, they play it for the community (TW has one of the most vibrant online communities I've seen) and coplaying is as much a community aspect of tw as it is a time management or a strategic one. Accounts are just more fun to play when you have a coplayer since theres a social aspect of planning it all together. And without coplaying the social aspect of tw will be diminished.

Hence the pull of the game on veterans will be diminished. More veterans quit => the base of guarenteed premium users gets eroded. The game's mechanics itself is not and will never be addictive. Nobody sits around sending farm raids because farm raids entertain them. Nor do they like gaining ranks cause 12 is a prettier number than 13. Its all in relation to the place in the community that high ranks and good performances give them. And when the community dies, the game will to.

So yeah, coplaying keeps the game alive.

DeletedUser

i disagree that co playing keeps the game alive, i think helping mates on other accounts (support/snipes/co-trains ect) and planning where the tribes is going and such as it is tribal wars not individual wars.

the social side of the game is there weather 4 people on one account or 1, i hardly ever co play yet have a great social circle of friends i have made through the years, when i do co play that doesnt change at all.

i also disagree that people do not like rising ranks (which imo is the main reason people do co play) who doesnt like going up the ranks?

DeletedUser

So unlike you, were not allowed to have lives so must play solo ?

I also can't see anyone from Axes! saying anything about them wanting more of a challenge :icon_rolleyes: So no idea where you got that rabble from.

I never mentioned that OTHERS need to play solo and to have no lives. I merely said I have heard some players moan about lack of competition, that co-play accounts and team up.

I have played almost every world since World 4 so I know quite a lot of players that have moaned about the lack of competition. Some players have tried running tribes to help teach players, thus to help get more competition in the future. But, oh wait. Im not allowed to use things from other sources other than this thread, oops :icon_rolleyes:

I also never said anyone in Axes have complained about lack of competition. I only did a slight hint that all the best players are joining the same tribes. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

And just for the record, I think co-playing is good and gives an advantage. Im ONLY against the 'pros' that co-play and want more of a challenge. Im not saying anyone has mentioned that IN THIS THREAD :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

All accounts but 2 have at least 2 players. A few have 4, if he exaggerated at all he did so by a small margin. There are at least 50 players in the tribe.

EDIT: 50 people in Axes tribe chat and some ofthe players on ALessonInBeingSwedish aren't in the chat, so indeed, the number is over 50.

o my mistake, maybe i greatly underestimated the number. no wonder im behind ;)

DeletedUser

Lol, and how about player 1 is from America and Player 2 is from Lithuania and they fight? They I guess you would need to stay up all night?
And not everyone can dedicate enough time to the game so if they do ban co-playing there will be LESS competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6695

o my mistake, maybe i greatly underestimated the number. no wonder im behind ;)

There are 47 in the AXES! chat 3 of which arent playing.

My maths tells me thats not over 50 even if the 1-2 people off the swedish acc aren't there :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

My maths agree with CF's although I am not in AXES! chat, thus I can't corroborate that the figures he is using are correct and surely Axes! chat is now called POTOTO chat?

DeletedUser

My maths agree with CF's although I am not in AXES! chat, thus I can't corroborate that the figures he is using are correct and surely Axes! chat is now called POTOTO chat?

The name gets changed at least 3 times a day.

DeletedUser

This thread has run its course. If posters would still like to discuss co-playing aspects of TW, we have a thread about coplaying (actually quite a few of them) in the General Forums, one of them is located HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.