A thought on coplaying, from InnoGames point of view...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

World 56.net is a no hauls world. Go look it up, there in no farming. Is the world magically more competitive for the less skilled players?

Go take a look and come back and argue :icon_wink:

Co-players again would have an advantage at startup as they would be able to keep there buildings going as soon as there rec's built up, rather than us mere mortals and billy no mates who have to sleep for 8 hours and then yeah you have rec's to build up a few buildings, but by the time you've used them the co-players are already on to there next building levels.

But as I said earlier, I only believe co-players have the advantage at start-up after a few weeks things will start to even out if you have the skills and know what your doing, which I'm now understanding better.

DeletedUser

Fair enough :)
That is also why I still play.
But being able to compete for the top spot might increase the fun, would you agree?
Oh yes, absolutely. Winning is much more fun than losing! Both have their merits, though.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
There are 3,239 accounts on UK 9.. only 1 can be winning at anytime.. I'm sure that the other 3,238 are having just as much fun...

I've been No1 on a .net world.. it isn't anymore fun...

DeletedUser

I think the argument on coplaying is not between rank 1 and everyone else.
More between the top 20 and those ranked 20-50.
Not winning, more the amount of success.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I'm sure they're not!

I can only speak for myself and I'm a grumpy old barstool but I can honeslty say I've been #1 and #3239th and everywhere inbetween and I've had just as much fun...

But then I play this GAME for fun, not as a way to massage my ego or to try and prove that I am better then someone else...

Being rank 459th and snipping the #1 rank players noble train is far more fun than being the other way round...

DeletedUser1511

I dont play that world so dont know which accounts are coplayed. Would be hard to make an argument without that kind of info.
Farming is just one exmaple of how a coplayed account is advantaged... In this world, and this stage in the world, it is the most dominant advantage... but not the only.
We alll know there ar eother advantages to coplaying (being online for incomings etc) too and though Ive probably focused on farming (because this is a w9 thread?) I have never said it iis the only benefit they get.

If the advantage brought on by farming "24/7" is as large as certain players claim it is. The regardless of the number of co-played accounts, the gap between the top accounts and the rest of the world should be smaller than it usualy is no ?

DeletedUser

I think the argument on coplaying is not between rank 1 and everyone else.
More between the top 20 and those ranked 20-50.
Not winning, more the amount of success.
I would go further - it's not about rank at all really, it's about having a chance of survival. I feel that with my current activity, and with a bit of luck, I will be able to grow and take some villages. Top 100 with 10 villages - that is a place where I can play a meaningful role in a war. If I didn't think I had a chance of getting there, I wouldn't play. I know some of my tribesmates are doomed to visit the rim over and over simply because they can't play every day.

I guess it depends what you want from the game. If you need to be top 5, you probably need to co-play. If you need to fight wars, you probably need to be online everyday. If you are happy just trying to delay the inevitable, you can have fun even as an occasional player if you find the right tribe. I have no problem with people co-playing as it doesn't stop me getting what I want from the game, but I think it would be great to have a world where the occasional player can enjoy the full experience of the game that normally requires high activity to become possible.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
but I think it would be great to have a world where the occasional player can enjoy the full experience of the game that normally requires high activity to become possible.

That's not possible... if you somehow stop co-playing... it doesn't stop the unemployed loser that can sleep in two hours segments to max his farming 24/7 dominating the game... whatever you do there will always be players that can outfarm therefore outperformt he occasional player...

.net has a no haul world were there is no farming... at minimum you still need to login more than once a day to spend the resources and if your offline long enough for a noble train to be sent and land your fxxked any way...

The only way to do it would be to make it impossible to attack someone unless they were online...

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I think it may be possible, off-topic though. http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17115

Your presuming the casual player can log in everyday... and it still doens't stop someone sending and landing a noble train whilst the causal player is off line.. so what ever you do to bring the ability to grow to a level playground you still need to stop the ability of others to rim a player while they are offline...

Last edited:

DeletedUser282

Then you get 60 accounts with lots of players sitting each other when they are offline. Likely the same amount of domination and similar activity, just with more accounts.

There are non-axes accounts, but the players on the accounts aren't as good. It isn't just activity that gives us the high ranks.

DeletedUser

Personally, I'm too set in my own particular ways at start-up to co-play early game. But I can see that if you're both in accord, then it will give you a nice confident start... even so, success still depends on all the usual environmental factors.

For me, co-playing and night-sitting come into their own later in the game, when the incomings are beyond counting, and you're sending out attacks round the clock. If nothing else, it helps you sleep better.

1st Law for tw/rl balance: always get 7/8 hours of uninterrupted sleep
2nd Law for tw/rl balance: never ever set the alarm clock to send out an attack in the middle of the night

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Then you get 60 accounts with lots of players sitting each other when they are offline. Likely the same amount of domination and similar activity, just with more accounts.

There are non-axes accounts, but the players on the accounts aren't as good. It isn't just activity that gives us the high ranks.

Yep, you know the best order to build stuff in.... congrates... :)

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Personally, I'm too set in my own particular ways at start-up to co-play early game. But I can see that if you're both in accord, then it will give you a nice confident start... even so, success still depends on all the usual environmental factors.

For me, co-playing and night-sitting come into their own later in the game, when the incomings are beyond counting, and you're sending out attacks round the clock. If nothing else, it helps you sleep better.

1st Law for tw/rl balance: always get 7/8 hours of uninterrupted sleep
2nd Law for tw/rl balance: never ever set the alarm clock to send out an attack in the middle of the night

Ssshhh.. mid to late game is boring.. it's just village management...

DeletedUser

I would love to co-play but can't.

I'm too much of a control freak and would find it hard to trust my best friend to run the a/c the way I feel it should be.

However if I could get over my own personal issues I would look for a night time co-player.

DeletedUser

Coplaying with friends is a lot more fun. I wouldn't play TW without co-ing muh friends so from that point of view innogames would lose PP.

I'm sure there are other's who play the same :?

Status
Not open for further replies.