Academy / Noble Question

DeletedUser

Apologies for the dense question but this is my first academy so be gentle please!
This is TW2 which is a coin world.

1 I buy coins 28/30/25=83k resources per coin.
2 I need 1 coin for the first noble, 2 for the second and so on. 2 Nobles require 3 coins, 3 nobles require 6 coins...
3 Then I have to train them (the nobles)
4 Each noble trained requires 3 hours or so and costs 40/50/50=140k resources per noble.
5 Training is a fixed 140k cost regardless of how many nobles you have.
6 Training a noble requires 100 population (apparently in addition to the 80 the academy itself requires)
7 So if I end up with say 5 nobles and an academy in one village, will it take 80+(5*100)=580 population to support them?
8 What happens to the number of coins required for the next noble (in the originating village) if you use one to take over another village?
9 What happens to the population required in the village from which the noble came once the noble is used to take over another village? Does it go down?
10 If a noble is killed, presumably the 100 population required to support him/her is "refunded"?
11 If the village where the nobleman was trained is lost to another player presumably the noble and the coins remain. I assume these are global entities?

I know there is some special rule that a new noble may only cost 1 coin regardless of how many nobles you have? Please explain? Have I got this completely right or half right?

Much as I would like to produce a "train", I am thinking that that it's better to get another academy in another village because then the next noble will not cost so many coins compared to building him in the same village.

I mean coins and training...it's too much really. teaching them Latin and French isn't going to win battles.

Les

DeletedUser14

8 What happens to the number of coins required for the next noble (in the originating village) if you use one to take over another village?
[fl]If you have one noble and you use it to noble a village it will still cost you another two coins to build your second noble in either of your villages.
Coins dont stay in one village, you can mint coins in any village with an academy and then educate a nobleman in a different village.
So the increasing cost measures how many noblemen you have in total, including all your villages, and not for each village.
[/fl]
9 What happens to the population required in the village from which the noble came once the noble is used to take over another village? Does it go down?
[fl]When a nobleman dies in battle or he takes control of a new village that nobleman is essentially dead so you get that 100 pop back.
[/fl]
10 If a noble is killed, presumably the 100 population required to support him/her is "refunded"?
[fl]Same as above^^[/fl]
11 If the village where the nobleman was trained is lost to another player presumably the noble and the coins remain. I assume these are global entities?
[fl]If you lose the village your nobleman will die, but you will keep the coins minted in the village.
[/fl]
I know there is some special rule that a new noble may only cost 1 coin regardless of how many nobles you have? Please explain? Have I got this completely right or half right?
[fl]That rule is only for packets not coins, and is not always active in a world, it is active on uk3.
[/fl]
Much as I would like to produce a "train", I am thinking that that it's better to get another academy in another village because then the next noble will not cost so many coins compared to building him in the same village.
[fl]The next noble will cost the same amount to produce no matter how many villages you have, or where you educate him.
So the decision to build a train or noble with just one nobleman is up to you, its easier to do it with a train but can take a long time to build 4 noblemen with one village.[/fl]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks Mr Fluffy88,
Sorry to ask so many questions but it's not possible to make good decisions without knowledge of the consequences.
I need to study this all carefully in order to understand it.
Les

DeletedUser

[fl]That rule is only for packets not coins, and is not always active in a world, it is active on uk3.[/fl]

Please DON'T do that. Made me jump.

For a bit I assumed you meant that 1 packet per noble is active, not just packets.

DeletedUser14

Please DON'T do that. Made me jump.

For a bit I assumed you meant that 1 packet per noble is active, not just packets.
[fl]Oops I read it wrong :icon_redface:
I meant the cheap rebuilding of a noble:lol: sorry rev...[/fl]