Account sitting

DeletedUser

A member in are tribe has lefted and set a player sitter is there a time limit set on account sitting.
I think there is and its around 120 days so in my eyes my tribe need to claim and take the villages if we are unsure if this member will return.

I'm just trying to find out if i'm right before i take this matter to the tribe thanks

DeletedUser

I do also think it's 120 days, might be 60 though.

I suggest waiting 2 weeks before doing anything. Leaving an account to inactivity is against the rules but if he didn't give you any instructions and you've waited for 2 days, it should be fine to let him go.

DeletedUser2765

A member in are tribe has lefted and set a player sitter is there a time limit set on account sitting.
I think there is and its around 120 days so in my eyes my tribe need to claim and take the villages if we are unsure if this member will return.

I'm just trying to find out if i'm right before i take this matter to the tribe thanks

You are free to do whatever you want with the account if the player has expressedly said they quit or if the time they said they'd be back has elapsed.

To answer your question more directly, at 60 days of constant sitting, you lose the ability to do anything with the account but support tribemates and que troops and mint coins.

At 120 days of constant sitting, the account sitting session is terminated.

DeletedUser

Long Term Sitting - Taken from In game rules.

Sitting an account for long periods of time is allowed on condition the owner is returning, (e.g., a member of the forces going on a tour of duty). What is not allowed is to sit an account long term which has no owner as this is then considered Permanent Sitting. Once sit days reach 60 out of 120, the account will become restricted, this means that no attacks, support or resources can be sent to other players. This restriction is automatically lifted when the original account owner logs in.
Everything stated in §2 & §3 has to be followed.

From this I'd gather it wasn't allowed to long term sit someone who has stated they have quit and aren't returning ?

<3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you have someone sitting your account is there a danger that they can simply take over your account?

Is there a way that you can regain control of your account as soon as you like?

Could someone sitting your account simply decimate your village if the whim took them?

DeletedUser

You can login at any time and end account sitting, just because you said you'd be gone a week doesn't mean you can't get on sooner to check up on things.

Regarding your other points, the rules say:

Players and sitters are equally responsible for the actions of any sat account. Make sure you can trust the person you choose as sitter or whose account you are sitting. It is not allowed to abuse account sitting. Account sitters that intentionally destroy or seriously damage an account they are sitting will be punished.
However, while we will punish the account sitter if we see that it was the clear intention to ruin the account owner’s work against his instructions, we will not be able to repair the damage done to the account.

DeletedUser

OK, thanks for the clarification.

The reason why I ask is that I have asked if I can join a specific tribe and the person responsible for recruiting has told me that he would like to sit my account to check out my troop numbers before accepting me stating that it is a prerequisite of the tribe.

Does this sound risky or acceptable practice?

Thanks

DeletedUser

Many good tribes do this to see if you have a good build and troops. It should be fine.

DeletedUser

OK - cheers buddy. Just didn't want to allow somebody to take over my village in one simple move.

DeletedUser

It should only take a few minutes for the sitter to check you out.

If it's a duke of a big tribe then they should be trustworthy, but you can always cancel the account sitting after 5 minutes. He wouldn't be able to do anything damaging in that time.

DeletedUser

Thanks Phropp, that's put my mind at ease.:)

To be honest I don't wish to unsettle your mind but its down to your own discretion and pot luck as to whether it's safe to allow a stranger to sit whether they are a duke of a large tribe or not doesn't matter as they could just be checking out your troops in order to noble you.

If you meet most of the requirements for joining the tribe I'd say you were in a better position than if you otherwise seem to be a good target but it is a risk you must choose to take.

Lisa <3

DeletedUser

Hell - trust a woman to go and throw a spanner in the works! :icon_wink:

You've just confirmed that my initial concerns were justified. :icon_confused: