Adellion vs DubbyTheMule (1vs1 battle)

• Thread starter DeletedUser4320
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4320

As some of you might have noticed, and some not, there has been played a prestigious 1vs1 on the uk5 server between the combatants DubbyTheMule and Adellion (playing under the name Tribal Hugger). This battle originated from an argument on the uk1 sever where Adellion wrote the following post.

People who are superior to you at playing TW have more solid opinions than those who were in a rubbish tribe, quit, went barb, and spam rubbish and troll on the forums.

In the end Dubby : I am greater than you. My opinion therefore, is of relevance compared to you and your insignificant and quite frankly deluded opinion.

Usually, people defer to the opinion's of experts, while I'm not the best, I do feel in comparision to you, I am the expert here with more authority at TW. This can be proven by me issuing a 1on1 challenge to you in perhaps UK5 or the next coin world, to challenge you to a 1on1 battle. I am sure you will not be victorious.

Therefore I am the superior player. And because of that, when I override and disagree with your opinion, I am more likely to be right because I have the skill and talent to back me up, which your argument will never be able to argue with. The fact remains that my rank, OD, ODA, ODD etc, are all much higher than yours. You don't even have an account on UK1.

Therefore, please do not even argue with me, when your position in TW society is mundane and inferior to mine; you will gain more from agreeing with me and those superior to you, then you will from fighting with them.
The argument that anyone is right because they are an expert is of course a logical fallacy (argumentum ad verecundiam), but none the less, I decided it was in its place to force him to place his money where is mouth is as the saying goes and accepted his challenge of a 1 vs 1 battle on the UK5 server. Fortunately enough we got placed reasonably close to each other (9h 42 min ride with a ram) and the battle began. It was soon apparent that DubbyTheMule has a better growth than Adellion, but that this was any concern was swiftly rejected on the forums of our internal tribe:

Tribal Hugger on 18.06. at 10:40
Who says I'm having any problems? I probably have more troops than you anyway. :D
DubbyTheMule on 18.06. at 10:41
If you do, then attack me! And clear me good and proper as the saying goes :)
Tribal Hugger on 18.06. at 10:44
Lol, the hunter is patient before he strikes :cool: you could be turtling up now as a tactic to attempt to defeat me because you have lost the offensive race due to being cleared.
DubbyTheMule on 18.06. at 10:46
I have 309 spears and 199 swords.
:(
DubbyTheMule on 18.06. at 17:33
I also have 23 white horsies
:)
DubbyTheMule on 19.06. at 22:21
built another white horsie to day, look at my horse, my horse is amazing, give it a lick, it tastes just like raisins!
As hinted to in this conversation, I actually got all my farming horses wiped on the 14th of June by an eager neighbor who didn't know of the battle (ODD Spike at 15th of June). But what can you do but to rebuild and keep on chunking as the saying goes. Adellion tried to take advantage of the situation and sent some small scouting parties to take a peak, but both the 5 scouts and 10 scouts party got handed with ease. 6 days after the exchange of words I decided it was time to take a peak at my opponent's forces and decided to send a scouting party of my own.

DubbyTheMule pays a visit

I was not intimidated by the amount of troops in his village. Of course he could have dodged with a partition to ensure a false sense of security, but looking at the farm, buildings and troops it wasn't much space. So I calculated that I soon would be able to both wipe his offence and his defense. This notion was probably sensed in some way by Adellion too, because scarely two days later he sent all his offense towards me in a last desperate attempt. Seeing this I decided there had been enough Tom Foolery as the saying goes and decided to retaliate with my own collection of offensive troops, but delaying the departure somewhat to make sure they returned just within night bonus to avoid any sneaky back timing schemes.

Adellion’s attack.
DubbyTheMule’s attack.

So with all his offensive troops killed at the walls of my village and all his defensive troops wiped out at the hands of the Mule, Adellion accepted defeat and hit the delete button, becoming barbarian just this morning, making DubbyTheMule the winner.

Thank you for the game Ade, it was a blast testing my skills against such a formidable player as yourself. I would love nothing but to praise you and be nice, but due to your bombastic claims that I wouldn't be victorious I have to send you a small piece of humble pie too as the saying goes.Hopefully this defeat does not take away your joy for Tribal Wars, you know that I still love you.

DeletedUser

For some reason, OD lovers believe they're the best players. Not saying Adellion isn't any good, but he ate his words on this aye? Nice, good, organized fun!

DeletedUser

As some of you might have noticed, and some not, there has been played a prestigious 1vs1 on the uk5 server between the combatants DubbyTheMule and Adellion (playing under the name Tribal Hugger). This battle originated from an argument on the uk1 sever where Adellion wrote the following post.

People who are superior to you at playing TW have more solid opinions than those who were in a rubbish tribe, quit, went barb, and spam rubbish and troll on the forums.

In the end Dubby : I am greater than you. My opinion therefore, is of relevance compared to you and your insignificant and quite frankly deluded opinion.

Usually, people defer to the opinion's of experts, while I'm not the best, I do feel in comparision to you, I am the expert here with more authority at TW. This can be proven by me issuing a 1on1 challenge to you in perhaps UK5 or the next coin world, to challenge you to a 1on1 battle. I am sure you will not be victorious.

Therefore I am the superior player. And because of that, when I override and disagree with your opinion, I am more likely to be right because I have the skill and talent to back me up, which your argument will never be able to argue with. The fact remains that my rank, OD, ODA, ODD etc, are all much higher than yours. You don't even have an account on UK1.

Therefore, please do not even argue with me, when your position in TW society is mundane and inferior to mine; you will gain more from agreeing with me and those superior to you, then you will from fighting with them.
The argument that anyone is right because they are an expert is of course a logical fallacy (argumentum ad verecundiam), but none the less, I decided it was in its place to force him to place his money where is mouth is as the saying goes and accepted his challenge of a 1 vs 1 battle on the UK5 server. Fortunately enough we got placed reasonably close to each other (9h 42 min ride with a ram) and the battle began. It was soon apparent that DubbyTheMule has a better growth than Adellion, but that this was any concern was swiftly rejected on the forums of our internal tribe:

Tribal Hugger on 18.06. at 10:40
Who says I'm having any problems? I probably have more troops than you anyway. :D
DubbyTheMule on 18.06. at 10:41
If you do, then attack me! And clear me good and proper as the saying goes :)
Tribal Hugger on 18.06. at 10:44
Lol, the hunter is patient before he strikes :cool: you could be turtling up now as a tactic to attempt to defeat me because you have lost the offensive race due to being cleared.
DubbyTheMule on 18.06. at 10:46
I have 309 spears and 199 swords.
:(
DubbyTheMule on 18.06. at 17:33
I also have 23 white horsies
DubbyTheMule on 19.06. at 22:21
built another white horsie to day, look at my horse, my horse is amazing, give it a lick, it tastes just like raisins!
As hinted to in this conversation, I actually got all my farming horses wiped on the 14th of June by an eager neighbor who didn't know of the battle (ODD Spike at 15th of June). But what can you do but to rebuild and keep on chunking as the saying goes. Adellion tried to take advantage of the situation and sent some small scouting parties to take a peak, but both the 5 scouts and 10 scouts party got handed with ease. 6 days after the exchange of words I decided it was time to take a peak at my opponent's forces and decided to send a scouting party of my own.

DubbyTheMule pays a visit

I was not intimidated by the amount of troops in his village. Of course he could have dodged with a partition to ensure a false sense of security, but looking at the farm, buildings and troops it wasn't much space. So I calculated that I soon would be able to both wipe his offence and his defense. This notion was probably sensed in some way by Adellion too, because scarely two days later he sent all his offense towards me in a last desperate attempt. Seeing this I decided there had been enough Tom Foolery as the saying goes and decided to retaliate with my own collection of offensive troops, but delaying the departure somewhat to make sure they returned just within night bonus to avoid any sneaky back timing schemes.

Adellion’s attack.
DubbyTheMule’s attack.

So with all his offensive troops killed at the walls of my village and all his defensive troops wiped out at the hands of the Mule, Adellion accepted defeat and hit the delete button, becoming barbarian just this morning, making DubbyTheMule the winner.

Thank you for the game Ade, it was a blast testing my skills against such a formidable player as yourself. I would love nothing but to praise you and be nice, but due to your bombastic claims that I wouldn't be victorious I have to send you a small piece of humble pie too as the saying goes.Hopefully this defeat does not take away your joy for Tribal Wars, you know that I still love you.

Sorry to break your bubble.

I quit UK1 and UK5 at the SAME time, because I was getting a job, and I couldn't therefore play TW anymore. It was my intention to quit TW entirely, however, I was coerced by Grant to coplay him on UK4 under Smile? (lost my plunderer of the day award yesterday, boohoo).

The truth is that on UK1, there are many players there (mostly in W1N, the top tribe), who rimmed Dubby and forced him to go barb after he catted his villages to 26 points then hit delete, because he got crushed. I was ofc, in W1N, on a top 10 ODA account, however, I was nowhere near Dubby on UK1.

Now, since being decisively defeated on UK1, he continued to post on the forums saying how W1N are rubbish. This enraged many in W1N, who are of course, winning a gangbang on all fronts. Just recently they made the rank 3rd tribe disband, much to Dubby's displeasure.

W1N's fury enraged them so, they requested (and I consented) to a 1on1 battle with Dubby, despite start-up being a weakness of mine compared to late-game (consider it opposite to Nauzhror XD). Plus, you won't get any better at start up unless you practise, right? I simply trusted to my superior experience, and my better track record at TW.

And to be quite frank, it worked! Because, unlike Dubby, I never got cleared on UK5. His OD is mostly ODD only. Nothing more than that.

Now Dubby, you might take pride in me quitting, but bear in mind, if I went barb on the 1st of July, taht means i hit delete on the 25th, well before my OWN attack even hit. That means I wasn't struggling, I was simply quitting. This coincides with when I quit UK1 (my top-10 ODA acc) too, if you bother to pay attention to the forums there, which I'm sure you do. I quit because my RL became busy, getting a job, and my studies for 2nd year at uni. It had little to do with you, as demonstrated by the fact that I hit delete before I even recieved any incomings for you, so I wasn't provoked by you into quitting.

And also, A few players in UK1 (e.g. Anti-Shaft, the rank one ODA player) has expressed his concerns that having such a large defence as to only take the walls down by 2 levels (on a world without bonfires) means that either you are a turtle, or you got stacked by another player. Now, I know you aren't a turtle, cause you had the miniscule amount of O to take out 400 spears. The attack I sent was 11 hours in distance away, so you would've had plenty of time to stack, and ofc, no one was watching or moderating the 1on1 (Man0 wanted to moderate it), so "your word" is unlikely to stand up, especially as most of UK1 don't trust you to begin with.

Now, you can take pride in this, but tbh, the only reason you are proclaiming your pseudo-victory so blatantly and avidly is because in your eyes, you feel you've beaten a player superior to you, as proven by UK1 & UK4, not to mention my net. exploits.

Now Dubby, if you are able to lead a rank 2 tribe on net, achieve a top 10 ODA rank on your own, duke the rank 1 tribe on UK4, achieve the plunderer of the day award (which I got on my own on UK4, tyvm, Grant was drunk that day), then you will be able to talk to me. The truth remains that except the people who just happen to hate me (and there are many, and I respect that), most players, my friends in my tribe, and those I fought against as my enemies on UK1, will all be in agreement, that I am the better player than you, purely cause unlike you, I quit UK1 with a legacy: a top 10 ODA account, an ODA rank which exceeded the current rank 1 (for a while) and rank 2 (almost permenantly). Whereas you... went barb after catting all your villages to 26 points. I must admit, doing that with 50 villages is an impressive feat, but it is still rather pathetic.

I've quit UK5 due to RL issues (studies and job), not because I was cleared. I hit delete on the 25th of June, before my attack even hit Dubby. I admit that I am not a stellar start-up player (unless I'm coplaying ofc, cause then my coplayer usually tells me what to do lol!). I am unashamedly a late-game player.

It is simply unfortunate that some players, like Dubby, are not talented enough to *last* long enough to reach the late-game.

~Adellion

DeletedUser4320

if I went barb on the 1st of July, taht means i hit delete on the 25th, well before my OWN attack even hit.

But well after my scouting party broke through your defenses, making you understand that I wasn't so empty for troops after all.

:lol:

And also, A few players in UK1 (e.g. Anti-Shaft, the rank one ODA player) has expressed his concerns that having such a large defence as to only take the walls down by 2 levels (on a world without bonfires) means that either you are a turtle, or you got stacked by another player. Now, I know you aren't a turtle, cause you had the miniscule amount of O to take out 400 spears. The attack I sent was 11 hours in distance away, so you would've had plenty of time to stack, and ofc, no one was watching or moderating the 1on1 (Man0 wanted to moderate it), so "your word" is unlikely to stand up, especially as most of UK1 don't trust you to begin with.

So because I beat you I had to be cheating? That is mint Adellion. It really is MINT. It only illustrates how much it irks you that you got spanked by a player that all of your comrades constantly are berating for being a n00b.

Check out the reports (I've opened them for all to see) and compare it my my farm and do the calculation. There was nothing but my own troops in that village. You are forgetting that since I managed to scout you I knew how much offense you could send and thus balanced my own offense and defense accordingly to take out both of your forces.

As for Man0 moderating, did I ever, and I mean EVER, oppose to that? No, of course not.

:lol:

Now Dubby, if you are able to lead a rank 2 tribe on net, achieve a top 10 ODA rank on your own, duke the rank 1 tribe on UK4, achieve the plunderer of the day award (which I got on my own on UK4, tyvm, Grant was drunk that day), then you will be able to talk to me.

Nice one Adellion. I seem to remember that you claimed that there was no way I would be victorious in our 1vs1 battle since you was the expert here with more authority at TW. And when I do give your backside a proper spank, you are claiming that I still cannot talk to you because of your earlier merits.

:icon_biggrin:

went barb after catting all your villages to 26 points. I must admit, doing that with 50 villages is an impressive feat, but it is still rather pathetic.

It was actually 76, thank you very much.

:icon_cool:

DeletedUser7450

Oh come now Adellion. That was just weak. The bigger man would've accepted his defeat, but, really? To resort to accusations and excuses?

There's no shame in being cleared.
And to be quite frank, it worked! Because, unlike Dubby, I never got cleared on UK5. His OD is mostly ODD only. Nothing more than that.
Defender: (deleted)
Destination: Barbarian village (499|520) K54

Quantity: 466 0 0 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 466 0 0 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0

Now, Adellion. To me, that looks like you got cleared.

Now Dubby, you might take pride in me quitting, but bear in mind, if I went barb on the 1st of July, taht means i hit delete on the 25th, well before my OWN attack even hit. That means I wasn't struggling, I was simply quitting. This coincides with when I quit UK1 (my top-10 ODA acc) too, if you bother to pay attention to the forums there, which I'm sure you do. I quit because my RL became busy, getting a job, and my studies for 2nd year at uni. It had little to do with you, as demonstrated by the fact that I hit delete before I even recieved any incomings for you, so I wasn't provoked by you into quitting.

Sorry, that is a pretty pitiful troop count for playing for at least 3 weeks. hell, I suck at start up and had more than that after around a week :|

ODA means nothing. It is just a way to brag about killing troops. You seriously cannot brag about taking over an account with many nukes just waiting to be used and then getting ODA from it.

I lol'd at this part.

Attacker
Units: 0 0 450 0 0 260 0 0 40 10 0
Losses: 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Defender
Units: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 17 to level 12

If the village was completely clear you would've only reduced the wall 5 levels.

Attacker Units: 0 0 450 0 0 260 0 0 40 10 0
Losses: 0 0 450 0 0 260 0 0 40 10 0
Defender Units: 650 650 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 460 460 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 17 to level 15

Or something around that mark to 500Spears/Swords.

For a tribeless player to have a D around that is to be expected - no tribe to help back you up if you do recieve an incomming, so obviously you're going to have more D.

I wouldn't call that turtling, more playing smart.

Now, you can take pride in this, but tbh, the only reason you are proclaiming your pseudo-victory so blatantly and avidly is because in your eyes, you feel you've beaten a player superior to you, as proven by UK1 & UK4, not to mention my net. exploits.
This is all you do Adellion - brag. :| It's pretty pathetic tbh :/

Now Dubby, if you are able to lead a rank 2 tribe on net, achieve a top 10 ODA rank on your own, duke the rank 1 tribe on UK4, achieve the plunderer of the day award (which I got on my own on UK4, tyvm, Grant was drunk that day), then you will be able to talk to me. The truth remains that except the people who just happen to hate me (and there are many, and I respect that), most players, my friends in my tribe, and those I fought against as my enemies on UK1, will all be in agreement, that I am the better player than you, purely cause unlike you, I quit UK1 with a legacy: a top 10 ODA account, an ODA rank which exceeded the current rank 1 (for a while) and rank 2 (almost permenantly). Whereas you... went barb after catting all your villages to 26 points. I must admit, doing that with 50 villages is an impressive feat, but it is still rather pathetic.

Again with the bragging :|

ODA. Means. Nothing.

Congrats. You cleared people. Did you gain anything from it to increase your rank? I think not.

And, can I just use an example;
[02:13:30] Steven: You have plundered XXX villages so far.

Plunderer of the day
You plundered the most villages in this world today (XXX villages)!
Keep this record until midnight to get the award!

I mean... anyone bored enough to spam 2axes at barbs can get plunderer of the day :|

I've quit UK5 due to RL issues (studies and job), not because I was cleared. I hit delete on the 25th of June, before my attack even hit Dubby. I admit that I am not a stellar start-up player (unless I'm coplaying ofc, cause then my coplayer usually tells me what to do lol!). I am unashamedly a late-game player.

It is simply unfortunate that some players, like Dubby, are not talented enough to *last* long enough to reach the late-game.

~Adellion
Regardless, your troop counts were pretty pathetic for over 3weeks into the game. Start up requires rather minimal effort and clearly you're pretty poor at it.

End of the day? Dubby won this. Accept it and move on.

DeletedUser

im not one of those really good players, but ive always known that adellion wasnt as good as people thought he was.
hes kinda clever with words but hes sooooo ignorant.

and ive seens his flaws get pointed out and him run behind and change the subject to his tribe vs your tribe comments.

im not picking sides between you two, because sometimes dubby, your just as worse as addelion(on uk1 forums)

BUT

i really have lost a lot of respect for him because of this quote.

also, hes claimed to quit TW in general. has he actualy decleared you as the winner dubby?

DeletedUser

None of this renouces the fact that he beat you. A half assed claim that he had someone else stack him is the real argument.
As a player I respect you're quite good, but clearly dubby beat you here. As a forum presence I am continously disappointed as your ego (whether put on or not) is too large and offensive.

Anyone, just my thought :)

The argument was that Adellion quit all worlds apart from UK4 which Grant asked him to co-play for him, and so, Adellion probably thought "What the heck" and decided to attack Dubby before moving on.

Imo, if Dubby wants somebody to 1vs1, i'd be happy to oblige.

DeletedUser

Congrats Dubby =D

Good win and now you recieve a well deserved cookie ;3
Adellion, you're ego might've been popped a bit, and you're forum reputation has always been a bit ominous but hopefully it's a lesson learnt and it'll all be good sport.

DeletedUser

I'll allow this. I know it stems from w1, and that's all I want to hear on the subject, is that it originated from w1. I don't want to hear any more threads/quotes/attacks/defenses, anything really from w1. Everything in this thread should involve w5.

DeletedUser

Sorry about this mods. The ultimate spammer has accessed world 5 forums. Like to say congrats to the one that thought of the ignore list. Works wonders.

Anyway, dubby no-one is really interested in you. In a couple of weeks you will be forgotten and your namw will seek into the archives. Sad to see you leave adellion you're a great player.

DeletedUser

Sorry about this mods. The ultimate spammer has accessed world 5 forums. Like to say congrats to the one that thought of the ignore list. Works wonders.

Anyway, dubby no-one is really interested in you. In a couple of weeks you will be forgotten and your namw will seek into the archives. Sad to see you leave adellion you're a great player.

No one is interested? Blatantly not given the responses.

Good on you Dubby, shame that adellion couldn't be more gracious about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7450

I laughed so hard at Adellion's;

'your miniscule offense managed to clear my 400 spears...'

When his was half Dubby's :D

DeletedUser6726

This post actually quite amused me.

As I play with Ade on W4 and am looking after my brothers account on W2 where he plays with Dubby.

Both players have their merit, Ade is a good attacking player and Dubby is very good at making peoples life difficult.

They had a 1v1 and Dubby came out on top this time regardless of if Ade had deleted his account before the attack was sent, this just proves that Dubby evidently had enough troops to clear him and even if the account was still active probably would have still done so.

You cant win them all, and even the best players get owned every now and then.

DeletedUser

For some reason, OD lovers believe they're the best players. Not saying Adellion isn't any good, but he ate his words on this aye? Nice, good, organized fun!

you need a good balance..

nice thread but its nearlly as long as the dictionary.. turns out the zebra did it

DeletedUser

You would be if he'd been banging on about in for 3 months.(not sure if you play w1)

Im reasonably sure a forum mod from another world shouldnt be blatently disregarding the forum mod on this world and bang on about w1. a shame a lively thread b4 Jadeth started to derail it!!

DeletedUser

You would be if he'd been banging on about in for 3 months.(not sure if you play w1)

Well that isn't "everyone" is it?
Completely irrelevant. This is W5.

Im reasonably sure a forum mod from another world shouldnt be blatently disregarding the forum mod on this world and bang on about w1. a shame a lively thread b4 Jadeth started to derail it!!

Pretty sure that he means he's a forum mod in his tribe, not on the external forums. :icon_rolleyes: (As per his sig, right?)

After re-reading Adellion's post and looking at his troop members, they really are rather rubbish. I wonder, is he so cocksure of himself, that he didn't think he had to make much of an effort to beat Dubby?

(And before anyone has a go "cocksure" is not an insult, or a swear word, just a perfectly legitimate adjective to describe someone's attitude.)

DeletedUser

I love that you felt the need to provide a definition for everyone <3

DeletedUser

Well that isn't "everyone" is it?
Completely irrelevant. This is W5.

Pretty sure that he means he's a forum mod in his tribe, not on the external forums. :icon_rolleyes: (As per his sig, right?)

After re-reading Adellion's post and looking at his troop members, they really are rather rubbish. I wonder, is he so cocksure of himself, that he didn't think he had to make much of an effort to beat Dubby?

(And before anyone has a go "cocksure" is not an insult, or a swear word, just a perfectly legitimate adjective to describe someone's attitude.)

No he sucks at any form of TW and got beaten by a clearly better player.

DeletedUser282

Adellion clearly lost this battle. DubbyTheMule seems clearly a better player than Adellion.

It seems that Dubby was beaten by W1N attacking on mass on W1, which, given the general quality of W1N (adellion probably being the exception) really isn't too much to brag about.

Status
Not open for further replies.