And the gloves come off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So when I first got here, about a week ago, I was just tickled to have such a great group of PnP'ers to Moderate.

72%20Happy%20as%20a%20Clam_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed the pre-world threads. Granted most were filled with spam, that's kinda expected in early worlds, so I let some stuff slide, went with the flow of things. The world opened, and granted some of the stuff was great, I'm still confused as to the excessive amounts of spam still rolling in.

baby.jpg

I'm normally an easy going fellow, like the PnP and spam as much as the next guy, but I guess maybe it's wrong to assume others know as well as I the right and wrong places to spam/PnP. So while pondering how to handle this dasterdly issue, I was interrupted by some very angering threads and posts.

623200853351PMCute596.jpg

Took a little while to calm myself, even had to get doused with a bucket of ice water in a skype chat. Now the world is a week old, and I've had time to think this through, cool my nerves, and finally decided to take the gloves off and start handing out infractions...but don't fret!! I took my happy pills so I won't feel bad about it at all :)

sarah-palin-crazy.jpg

On a more serious note, here's some things to keep in mind to help keep yourself infraction free.

Most Importantly, check out the Forum Rules <--A real fine read if I may say so myself.

Please remember:

1. Main thing that's bothering me is the amount of threads directed at or implying that Moderators are cheating. Whether it be in jest or not, these are serious accusations. One thing I feel the need to make clear, is that Moderators do not have privileges, nor can they play a world they moderate. If you feel that any of the Moderation team is cheating/abusing their powers, or anyone for that matter is cheating in-game, please send in a Support Ticket. Making posts in this forum about ANY sort of Punishment/Ban/Cheating about anyone will result in heavy punishment.

2. Acronyms that are understood to contain inappropriate language, will result in infractions.

3. A couple letters/one word posts, will likely result in an infraction. If you can't contribute something to the thread besides an "Lol", then please don't post.

4. Before clicking the "Submit Post" button, make sure your post is directed to the topic. Replying/Posting of spam will result in warnings and infractions.

5. Make sure anything you quote follows the rules, as a quote is still considered a post made by yourself. Quoting a post or skype chat (or whatever) with inappropriate material will result in you receiving infractions.

6. Remember, the goal of this forum is for your PnP needs, not for Spam, offtopica, personals. And be economical with your posts, please make use of the "Edit" feature to prevent from double and triple posts.

7. If you see any posts that are inappropriate, please do not reply/quote them as you could may be punished when the moderator gets to it. Instead, use the
report.gif
feature and carry on with the topic at hand, ignoring the inappropriate post(s).

8. If you have any questions or comments directed at me, then please mail/PM me and don't ask in a thread. On the same note, players having questions or comments for other players that do not pertain to the Topic thread, keep it to the mail system.

9. Any more posts about another user's post not being visible will be taken as an insult to that user and given an infraction (regardless of whether you have previous warnings or not). You have the user ignored already, that is good enough. To rub that in their face should be considered no less than an insult and I'm tired of posters smugly pointing out when someone is on their ignore list: as the list itself suggests, just ignore the posts: DO NOT MAKE A BIG SCENE OUT OF IT.
I'll add more if it's needed.

NEW

10. If you see a thread or post, that's severely off-topic, just report one post in the thread and it will get looked at. Also, keep in mind that after reporting the posts, you shouldn't reply/respond back to said post in any way. Meaning don't go post "I reported so and so's post" or "I mailed the admin/mod". Best thing to do is just ignore the post (s) and continue on with the original topic at hand.

Let's have some fun and good times in the W5 PnP!
BabyFight1.JPG

*Just wanted to make a note, that contrary to popular belief, I do occasionally sleep. As much as Tracey would rather I didn't, I succumb to the occasional power naps every now and again. If you see a problematic thread or post, report it, and give me a little time to get to it. Remember, that when one posts gets reported, the entire thread gets reviewed in most cases, so reporting MASSIVE amounts of posts from one thread just to get it closed, is abusing the report system and could result in a warning.

*If there is severe extreme content, and you've already reported the post, you can message me on skype. No guarantee's but that usually gets my attention alot quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.