Are gifts ruining this world?

• Thread starter KrAzY eYeZ kIlLa041
  • Start date

DeletedUser9748

It's bad enough that it happened to him without you posting it all over the forums, second time I've seen it today.
Somehow I don't think he'd appreciate it, maybe lay off the posting it anywhere else eh.

+1 from me. You got your gifted villages ok, stop throwing excuses or reasons about them. Also by checking the profile of jmaxspeed it can tell what the player thinks of the term awesomeness and how he is bragging about his achievement of getting the top spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's bad enough that it happened to him without you posting it all over the forums, second time I've seen it today.
Somehow I don't think he'd appreciate it, maybe lay off the posting it anywhere else eh.

Well he is my best bud and she was like my god mother.
Posting it here is just something i do to get over my grief, some people talk to others but i get over grief by typing out the problem.

+1 from me. You got your gifted villages ok, stop throwing excuses or reasons about them. Also by checking the profile of jmaxspeed it can tell what the player thinks of the term awesomeness and how he is bragging about his achievement of getting the top spot.

Well if you have ever watched "How i met your mother" you will know a character called "Barney Stinson"... That guy is a legend and his famous quote is "Awesomeness!!! ask me about it". I love that show thats why i put it on my profile since day 1

DeletedUser9748

I know of Barney Stinson and I have watched every ep of that show. I was trying to point something else but never mind, it gets way off topic.

DeletedUser

I couldn't agree more with this thread, Getting a gifted village so early on gives the player a huge advantage over the rest of the player's who have to take out an active person, or even munch a small barb and does ruin the "top 10" in my opinion...

But then again it does show the people who accept them have no real respect for the game and don't really deserve respect of the "normal" player's such as myself. Ah well it's the messed up game we all play :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser1410

Guys no offense to anyone that has posted, but What the hell?
this happens in all stages of the world
At start up when 2 players that usually co start in to different account or later when someone leaves because they can't be bothered or have RL issues
Why the big debate? it happens
play the game and Kill things lol
Happy new year everyone

DeletedUser

At start up when 2 players that usually co start in to different account or later when someone leaves because they can't be bothered or have RL issues
Happy new year everyone

100% agree - Happy New Year Everyone! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

--> NO WHERE HAVE I SAID GIFTING IS CHEATING <--

Happy new year everyone

I don't think you are understanding how the settings on this world being different make this method of play much, much better than it would be on a regular world. :/
Also just because something happens means there shouldn't be a debate on it? What world do you live on? Most debates are about things that happen. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser6695

It's a quest or something I believe, it's to teach new players to dodge troops when attacked

DeletedUser

Oh right, thought it was something new tw created, thanks anyways :)

DeletedUser1410

I don't think you are understanding how the settings on this world being different make this method of play much, much better than it would be on a regular world. :/
Also just because something happens means there shouldn't be a debate on it? What world do you live on? Most debates are about things that happen. :icon_rolleyes:

I do understand who this helps other out on this world more than other worlds as if 2 good players build there village and then one gifts it, of corse it will have a great impact on the world stats and the player rankings.

The points is, is it ok to do it?
My answer is yes as long as its in the rules of the game......

I can post and debate as good as most on the externals but whats the point in a debate when nothing will change in the game?

DeletedUser

and surely it would be better to have 2 3K accounts than 1 6K ACCOUNT.
i would want the 2 accounts cause then ops on that person would only destroy one account.
if someone wants to merge two accounts together thats cool, this early on it makes a big impact, but surely in another 2 weeks someone else will have nobled him or got a village gifted to them.
so merging is cool, gifted villages are cool, worlds arent who cant reach rank 1 and hold it for 2 days.

DeletedUser6695

You would rather 2 players on 3k accounts than 1 player on a 6k account?

I see you're point but you missed a big factor, the 6k player is double each 3k player therefore having more troops and mote farming capabilty( on most worlds ). O would much rather have the 6k player as if he's doubling peoples points I'd take a guess and say he's a much better player(ofc there are exceptions)

DeletedUser

and surely it would be better to have 2 3K accounts than 1 6K ACCOUNT.
i would want the 2 accounts cause then ops on that person would only destroy one account.
if someone wants to merge two accounts together thats cool, this early on it makes a big impact, but surely in another 2 weeks someone else will have nobled him or got a village gifted to them.
so merging is cool, gifted villages are cool, worlds arent who cant reach rank 1 and hold it for 2 days.

It's not better if one of the 3k point accounts isn't growing, or if the intention behind said account is to push the other account ahead. Infact there's little difference tribally (unless the gift is externally) but account-wise, the 6k one is of course better. Neither merging nor gifted villages are "cool" especially the way in which some of them are given, which is pretty much pushing (grown for the sole purpose to give to another is much better than a regular resource transport for an advantage)

I do understand who this helps other out on this world more than other worlds as if 2 good players build there village and then one gifts it, of corse it will have a great impact on the world stats and the player rankings.

The points is, is it ok to do it?
My answer is yes as long as its in the rules of the game......

I can post and debate as good as most on the externals but whats the point in a debate when nothing will change in the game?

Boredom? If I went through your post history, I'm sure I'd see posts in threads like this due to mere boredom. It also requires thought to be put into, and thinking is vital in this game plus it keeps the mind sharp. Nobody has said it isn't ok to gift, what I have an issue with is not the gifting it's the active building up of a village of a player who has decided they will quit but continues to build to provide an advantage to their buddy Fred over there, essentially it's growing 2 villages at the same time for one account. One day people might understand this, and actually respond to this point rather than gifts as a generalised issue.

DeletedUser10327

You really ought to remember that it IS still just a game...

DeletedUser1410

Boredom? If I went through your post history, I'm sure I'd see posts in threads like this due to mere boredom. It also requires thought to be put into, and thinking is vital in this game plus it keeps the mind sharp. Nobody has said it isn't ok to gift, what I have an issue with is not the gifting it's the active building up of a village of a player who has decided they will quit but continues to build to provide an advantage to their buddy Fred over there, essentially it's growing 2 villages at the same time for one account. One day people might understand this, and actually respond to this point rather than gifts as a generalised issue.

first what have my posts got to do with anything?
and you'll find I try to help players out and post with more than just complaints about how the game is played.....

As for the gifting of a players village to help a tribe mate or a friend? What difference is it?

1, Player A starts the world and because of RL issues leaves his village to the tribe
2, Player A & B start with the intention of one of them gifting the village after he has built it up, and then they co-play?

To me its about the same thing, yes I understand what you are saying that its not the same gifting in both of the above, but unless you stop internalling of account theres not a lot can be done about it.
This is why most, have the view that it is ok to have a gifted village either in 1 or 2
I have put some thought into this hope thats ok?

DeletedUser

first what have my posts got to do with anything?

You questioned what is the point in debating an issue resulting in no change, I said you've probably debated in similar threads. I implied you must have therefore had a reason, likely boredom and/or an interest to see others opinions and hence should understand the reasons behind the posts. To be fair if you didn't you would never have responded.

and you'll find I try to help players out and post with more than just complaints about how the game is played.....

You missed the point of me discussing your posting history, also I'm not complaining. I'm questioning whether it ruins the world. See how my post was phrased as a question rather than a statement? It's entirely possible to persuade me it isn't ruining the world just nobody has put forward a convincing argument as to why this pre-planned gifting is not contributing to the ruination of this world.

As for you trying to help players, from what I've seen of you on the two uk worlds we've both played you are neither a good player nor leader and should be helping nobody. That however is a deviation from this topic.

As for the gifting of a players village to help a tribe mate or a friend? What difference is it?

1, Player A starts the world and because of RL issues leaves his village to the tribe
2, Player A & B start with the intention of one of them gifting the village after he has built it up, and then they co-play?

To me its about the same thing, yes I understand what you are saying that its not the same gifting in both of the above, but unless you stop internalling of account theres not a lot can be done about it.
This is why most, have the view that it is ok to have a gifted village either in 1 or 2
I have put some thought into this hope thats ok?

What is the difference? Clearly the intention behind it is the difference. It's simple, one borders on pushing which as I said is against the ethos of the rules, if not strictly breaking them. The other is a spur-of-the-moment decision, with none of the pre-thought intention put into it.

I'm afraid you are still not understanding.

This is part of the reason I think uk is tw reduced to the sunday league, both the playing style and the posting style. It's not that difficult to argue well against what I have said, yet nobody has done it thus far -- every counter argument has been rather poor, quite often not understanding the purpose and/or points of said posts.