Banned Players/Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Can the ban on these accounts be lifted/turned into barbs? Its silly the amount of villages that I cant attack in my 20x20 (was trying to get my warlord count up) and im certain others have the same problem.

DeletedUser

I second this motion, however I fear it will fall on deaf ears.

DeletedUser

It will fall on deaf ears as the 14 day appeal period for any banned accounts is hardcoded into the game by the .de devs or whoever does the hard code.

Also this is a very touchy thread and I was advised by Tracey/JP it would just be closed as it would almost certainly degenerate into a spam fest about cheating ect!!! However it is a very important point for the community and esp for the W9 settings with no barb growth!!!

PLEASE NO ONE DERAIL THIS THREAD OR SPECIFICALY TALK ABOUT CHEATING OR PLAYERS. JUST HOW IT EFFECTS YOUR AREA!!!!

AS you can see from the above this is an issue close to my heart.... I pay for prem on multiple worlds and have never had a run in with in game mods as I behave myself!.

However on this world specificaly I feel that I am at an unfair disadvantage to other players through no fault of my own. I have at least 4 banned players in my 7x7 alone!! And many more in my 20x20, add to this the fact that this also reduces farm for other active players in my area and if you haul 3/80 then your doing well!.... Ok I could clear yhe other active players, but then who am I nobling?

As I stated there appears nothing that can be done, however I feel that Innogames should review the 14 day appeal time!! Its far too long for a game like this!!! maybe if the account banned has prem then they get 14 days to appeal.... if not they get 7???

At least that way nearly all banned accounts will go barb after 7 days and not ruin to many peoples game!!!!

(Sorry JP and Tracey, at least I didnt make the thread :) )

DeletedUser3371

Whether or not it can be changed on this world (fingers crossed that it can) I hope the development team take on board how it is affecting this world with it's different settings and extremely competitive farming for the future.

The only consolation I can find is that most people seem to have at least 1 or 2 accounts like this close to them and by extension everybody is affected. Mind you, some have been harder hit than others by some very high numbers.

DeletedUser

I just checked my 15x15 area and there are 12 banned players.

That's a huge amount of farms that I and anyone else in the area at best have to wait another 5 days before we can attack. As others have said it's hard enough micro farming in the areas so it would be helpful for at least future worlds if this problem was dealt with more quickly.

DeletedUser282

Ban should switch to attackable ban after 24 hours. This enough time for an appeal and to check the ban wasn't done incorrectly. So only definitely guilty people would be attackable.

DeletedUser

Sorry guys but this isn't up for discussion. The times for bans and everything is hardcoded into the game and nothing we can do about it. To make up for it, there are more than normal barbs placed into the world. I will say though that the argument that having banned players and whatnot puts you at a disadvantage with other players, well, that's always been a part of TW. Players make multiple accounts to get themselves a good area, and some players purposefully make multiple accounts when the world starts to be surrounded by barbs. To combat this, when it is caught, the players accounts get banned so to make it fair to everyone. Luck has it that you landed in a bad area, you could have restarted, which is why there is that option in the settings. Again, I know a lot of people feel strongly about the 14 day ban accounts, but its the lesser of two evils, and as I said before, this is all in the hard-coding of the game, so it makes no sense to have a discussion about it or players getting riled up over it. Sorry but this thread has to be closed :icon_sad: . If you'd like to discuss this further, you can mail me.

Status
Not open for further replies.