Barbs strike again..!

DeletedUser

I see a new ingame- term is going to appear: quest- whoring!
btw how do you know he already has constructed the smithy?
You need to complete the smithy quest to get the barb attacking you quest.
For swords. Microfarming is better so that you can avoid losing all your troops encountering a spiked barb, but spears microfarmed tend to die on basic defence.
You only need the starting troops (30sp, 10sw, 10 axe) to microfarm, up until the farming limit is like 10K honestly.
Yes swords are slow though swords carry more 15 whereas Axe carry 10, You really only need to make 1 or 2 of them per farming to keep your spears safe. :) Oh hurry up LC I miss you so..
That is a fallacious argument. Swords slow your spears, making them less efficient.
But if you build your smithy you get to the quests where you get another 10 free swords.... plus it doesn't help when you lose all your free troops to spiked barbs so you have to actually build some.. :(
Don't need them though :S
But mainly, I built my smithy coz it looks pretty in my village and I'm quest whorring...
always a good idea :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5582

That is a fallacious argument. Swords slow your spears, making them less efficient.

why would you care about efficient farming on a low haul world when you can send out micro farming, walk the dog, click mine upgrade then make dinner, come back sigh and send out another run to get back to max haul?

Let them get their swords as the quest is all important

DeletedUser

why would you care about efficient farming on a low haul world when you can send out micro farming, walk the dog, click mine upgrade then make dinner, come back sigh and send out another run to get back to max haul?

Let them get their swords as the quest is all important
You don't, however building smithy before upping mines is a very bad idea.

DeletedUser5582

You don't, however building smithy before upping mines is a very bad idea.

so why tell someone not to send swords as inefficient?! If building smithy so bad (but think of the quest Zarddeath you misery you!) then tell folk before they do it not flame them afterwards or sit on your hands and just feel superior!

DeletedUser

Who says its been done before you've upped your mines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarddeath200
You only need the starting troops (30sp, 10sw, 10 axe) to microfarm, up until the farming limit is like 10K honestly.

Possibly. I would not know. My original 10 spear and 10 swords died in 3 seperate spiked villages leaving me a bit buggered and the guys that had put them in there. Thus I had to build more Swords as I would imagine a lot have.

Originally Posted by Zarddeath200

Slow your spears by how much? The world is tiny and there are hardly any barbs. You're arguement may hold some validity on a more developed world, but then you should be more developed and farming with LC anyway.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
so why tell someone not to send swords as inefficient?! If building smithy so bad (but think of the quest Zarddeath you misery you!) then tell folk before they do it not flame them afterwards or sit on your hands and just feel superior!

fiddle sticks... Jo, you told me that smithy whoring was the best strat for this world.. :(

Next your be telling me that maxing HP is a waste of resources...

DeletedUser

I didn't.
I as a matter of fact always build swords and split with swords. Twisting my words will not get you anywhere.

@ above guy:

I only farm with sw at this stage, and they slow your spears by like 20%. (slightly more)
It makes a difference.

DeletedUser5582

fiddle sticks... Jo, you told me that smithy whoring was the best strat for this world.. :(

Next your be telling me that maxing HP is a waste of resources...

no chocolate fireguard I told you the smithy made clinking noises to scare off barb attacks

DeletedUser

Seems like the quest thing needs some adjustments?

Who came up with it?

DeletedUser5582

I didn't.
I as a matter of fact always build swords and split with swords. Twisting my words will not get you anywhere.

@ above guy:

I only farm with sw at this stage, and they slow your spears by like 20%. (slightly more)
It makes a difference.

excuse me you said this

how is that twisting your words?! I merely said that why would inefficient farming be an issue on low hauls?! Lets not take this too serious here but no one is twisting your words just replying to what you say.

Now unless you were saying be uber (flicks hair) efficient on getting your 3k limit so you can walk your dog for longer I'm not sure why you were flaming the op.

DeletedUser

Point is, res is better spent on mines than going for the smithy. Now that's unless you lost all your troops.

DeletedUser

excuse me you said this

how is that twisting your words?! I merely said that why would inefficient farming be an issue on low hauls?! Lets not take this too serious here but no one is twisting your words just replying to what you say.

Now unless you were saying be uber (flicks hair) efficient on getting your 3k limit so you can walk your dog for longer I'm not sure why you were flaming the op.
I was speaking generally (not necessarily for this world), however even on this world, swords slow your spears. There are reasons to use swords, and those outweigh that fact, but what I said was not at all a lie, and the world it was on does not matter. Swords slow your spears, period.

DeletedUser

Swords slow spears by a minute amount when considering the distance you are travelling without LC. They protect the Spears against the Spikers. You're point remains invalid. Dead spears bring back nothing. Nothing is the height of inefficient.

DeletedUser

Using that logic is invalid. If you're splitting spears, axes protect better from spiking. But yes, nothing wrong with what you're doing. You're an exception, having been spiked. But a normal account that still has quest troops should not be going for the smithy. It's a waste.

DeletedUser5582

I was speaking generally (not necessarily for this world), however even on this world, swords slow your spears. There are reasons to use swords, and those outweigh that fact, but what I said was not at all a lie, and the world it was on does not matter. Swords slow your spears, period.

bangs head.

No one said you were lying either.

Zarddeath please if you flame some for inefficient farming and I point out that on THIS world being inefficient does not matter so much is no good saying you were speaking generally when we on the UK11 forum?

Also as we all know are other reasons for sending out swords with your sp why say is inefficient when you do it yourself?!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Using that logic is invalid. If you're splitting spears, axes protect better from spiking. But yes, nothing wrong with what you're doing. You're an exception, having been spiked. But a normal account that still has quest troops should not be going for the smithy. It's a waste.

I agree that if you already have swords you could use them and skip the smithy for the moment. However spears should not be sent by themselves tho to critique your other point while Axes do protect more, they pick up less. Swords are halfway, protection to some a medium level while still picking up res to a medium level.

DeletedUser

Mhmm, there's always debate on swords vs. axes. I myself prefer splitting with swords despite them being iron heavy.

DeletedUser6695

Guys who cares?

Quest says build smithy so you build a smithy k?