Barracks (Rax) Rushing

DeletedUser857

Sweetdeath.... only 15spears 4 hours ago? :/ Seems like... too few tbh.

If I were to continue (which is looking unlikely because I don't really have time for 2 worlds) then I wouldnt build more 15 that before researching LC.

I usually build about 30 spears before LC, but my coplayer usually builds only 11, so we met halfway and are building 15 then stopping.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fairly sure this is more efficient, I calculated it a while back.

clay 1
wood 1
wood 2
wood 3
iron 1
hq 2
hq 3
barracks
spear

This is faster.

Wood 1
Clay 1
wood 2
wood 3
iron 1
hq 2
hq 3
barracks
spear

DeletedUser

[PP]If you are rax rushing, you might as well do it fully and just stay at 1/1/1 until you have nobled or atleast until you have a good chunk of LC.

With this world's settings, it probably was best to do this and stay fairly low on infantry troop counts and hope you dont get spiked. With the barb growth, you are going to want to get LC fairly fast since your spears will be dying on walls and become nearly useless financially until you can get rams.
[/PP]

Purple did it on a German world with 20-30 spears I know, don't think under 20 though. Was speed and unit speed 1 there.

[PP]That was a Pali world and I had some swords too.[/PP]

DeletedUser

PP, 2/1/1 or 3/1/1 get you to 9+ spears faster than 1/1/1.. theres no point going less than 3/1/1.

In addition, I got 200 spears before LC and it worked fine even though 9 of my 11 closest barbs had walls before then, just get axemen..

DeletedUser

[PP]What I was getting at was to not bother with the pits. Somebody mentioned building wood levels later on after having spears. With the point ratio in effect for 45 days, it could help to avoid pit points.

Edit: You must have been fairly lucky with your location. By BP end, all barbs in my area had level 2+ walls[/PP]

DeletedUser

If I were to continue (which is looking unlikely because I don't really have time for 2 worlds) then I wouldnt build more 15 that before researching LC.

I usually build about 30 spears before LC, but my coplayer usually builds only 11, so we met halfway and are building 15 then stopping.

I really hope you`re not being serious. :)

We went for 3/2/1 at the start, Miggy clicked the clay by mistake. It worked out fine nevertheless. :)