bending the rules or cheating

DeletedUser

i have found videos and tuts for uk servers on bookmarking direct to the attack again OK screen, via url bookmarking
when i look you can open mass url's in opera and crome bookmark with 1 click going straight to the ok section of the attack again missing the rally point going straight to the ok part with troop numbers already in the display.
should this be stoped and how
maybe anyone sending more than 100 attacks in 1 minute should be warned then have their account frozen for 1 hour every time they do this
when i see the rules it says
The game is to be played with a normal browser only. Bots, browser add-ons and other applications that automate game activities are forbidden.

DeletedUser

People are allowed to use these which are called scripts. Provided that they are acceptable then it can be used. Usually scripts are used to keep peoples time to a minimum without making gameplay unfair towards other people. Maybe someone could go further into as I could only barely scratch the surface with this.

DeletedUser

it bypasses the rally point and auto enters troops in to boxes the url opens with everythin filled in and you just press the ok you donr see the rallypoint at all

DeletedUser

You are right, they shouldn't be able to use any scripts etc. to attack places without going into the rally point themselves.
How old are these videos that you have seen?

DeletedUser3046

Mate I think either I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say or you are misunderstanding what you are seeing.

If you use premium at the bottom of each report is a link called attack again with same troops, all people are doing is storing this link.

Anyone with premium can do it.

There is no add on, no special browser, no script or bot, it is a feature of premium that gives you the link and you just save it too favourites.

I am sorry but I fail to see how this is bending rules or cheating as it is a game feature not an add on.

also I believe the rules on additional scripts are that they should not interface with the rally point, this is not a script in the sense that it is provided by the makers of TW and not by a player.

DeletedUser

roch posted a video showing how to do it.

it's NOT illegal not should it be banned. It's been a common practice on .net servers for a long time.

do you think you can farm efficiently once you reach 100+ villages without these aids?

DeletedUser

if you have premium it works like this
1 click open report pages
2 click choose report page you want to open
3 click attack again
4 click ok
to send 100 attacks takes 400 clicks or keys
this has to be done for every attack
the video shows
1 click opens 80 to 100 links at the ok screen
pres 2 key opens link
press D sends
to send 100 attacks takes 201 clicks or keys

it by-passes the report screen by-passes the rally point

if this is within the rules then someone from admin post here and i will use it
because at the moment it takes me 15 mins to send 100 attacks with premium account
using this i can do it in less than 1
Bots, browser add-ons and other applications that automate game activities are forbidden.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's not a bot/add-on or an application so it's allowed.

It's a TW url that's bookmarked, I can hardly see how that ever could be cheating. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser4147

It's not a bot/add-on or an application so it's allowed.

It's a TW url that's bookmarked, I can hardly see how that ever could be cheating. :icon_neutral:

my thoughts entirely, and i used it before... it's nothing bad although it's not the most efficient thing i've done when you have 2-5 villages, but 5+ it's efficient, particulary if your 5+ vills are quite spread out.

also, teach me how to get uber colour changing (well when quoted) text

DeletedUser

Use some common sense, if it has been clearly visible for to the public eye for an extended amount of time on both here and the .net forums without any intervention of any moderators then you can be sure it's legal. To extend my point; Admin post on the .net thread - you can be sure that if it was illegal then that post would of been quite different.

DeletedUser

80% of .net scripts are not allowed on the uk server
i know this is not a script but anything that lets you send over 300 attacks per minute must be a massive advantage
and yes if it is leagle i will use it (although i do feel it should not be ) there should be a max set to the number of attacks you can send in say a 10 second perion at the moment that is set to 4 or 5 per second.
but i need to know if it is from admin can this be used at present i am spendin 4 hours per day sending attacks where i could get this down to 15 or 20 minutes
its not a small advantage its massive

DeletedUser

Wreckless how long have you been playing, you say you spend lots of hours sending attacks so you most have more then 5 villages. If you have been playing then you should also realize that people have always done this, and this same topic has been talked about before. Earlier you also said that it should people using different browsers like Google Chrome and Opera, I dont know a good player that doesnt use them.

DeletedUser

sadly most of the attack scripts i used on .net are banned here
so i just want to make sure that if i use this its ok, as looking at the video it seems to cut a lot of corners
there was a lot of talk in the script forum that anything cutting down the amount of clicks you do here is a no,no
by the looks of the replys a lot of people are using this bookmarking
the script i used does almost the same thing without bookmarking you would put all the villages in to the script and the troops you wanted to send then when you clicked the icon it would open lots of links and you just click ok on each link
but i was told it was banned as it reduced the amount of clicks you made to send troops

DeletedUser

sadly most of the attack scripts i used on .net are banned here
so i just want to make sure that if i use this its ok, as looking at the video it seems to cut a lot of corners
there was a lot of talk in the script forum that anything cutting down the amount of clicks you do here is a no,no
by the looks of the replys a lot of people are using this bookmarking
the script i used does almost the same thing without bookmarking you would put all the villages in to the script and the troops you wanted to send then when you clicked the icon it would open lots of links and you just click ok on each link
but i was told it was banned as it reduced the amount of clicks you made to send troops

I can't believe you still fail to see the difference.

First case uses authorized tribalwars links. These are ALWAYS legal. Thus bookmarking them and using them is ALSO legal. This cuts down clicks yes, but it is allowed since it ONLY uses a LEGAL link.

Second cause uses a SCRIPT. One which cuts clicks, thus illegal.

Do you get it now? A script cannot cut links since it's a script. Using official tribalwars links is allowed, otherwise they wouldn't be there in the first place.

DeletedUser

One cannot be thought how to get uber colour changing.

aka idk how it happens, it shows properly for me. :3
It shows on IE and Chrome.

It's because you type in a color code that is not recognized initially by some browsers, but when they look into the text (When quoted), it sees it is there, and shows appropriatly. (Using the {color="text"}Word stuff here{/color} is what i'm talking about if that makes sense >.>)

On topic: It's legal, in theory, think of the time it took to make the bookmarks.

DeletedUser

so you are answering my first question it does cut down clicks (bending the rules) but it is legal
i still feel over 300 attacks per min is pushing things
i have posted a ticket asking if i can use it with no reply i have also pm'd admin showing the video and not as yet had a yes or no verdict
but if everone else is using it i may as well

DeletedUser

Wreckless, I can give you the answer now: "It is legal to use bookmarking farming"

I guess you can give us the answer later when they reply back, But with all the admin. using the same tecnique dont you think it is just a little weird that everyone is using it and not getting banned?

DeletedUser

here is the answer
Tracey
2010-01-06 20:03:32
Its only showing book mark farming using already available ingame attack with the same troop options.

Best Regards,

Tracey
Community Manager