Cats and bonfires

• Thread starter DeletedUser12823
  • Start date

DeletedUser12823

Everyone knows you should check a bonfire for hedgehogs before lighting it, but fewer people know you should check cats for bonfires...

I've built a cat village with 2k plus cats - but haven't had call to use them alongside my paladin as yet.

Is anyone able to provide examples of cat villages in action and demonstrate their effectiveness as a defence?

Some info on when's best to deploy this sort of defence would be really useful too if anyone can oblige.

Thanks

DeletedUser

The rally point has a battle simulator. There you can test to see how effective an army may or may not be, without fear of losing any troops. You can customize the simulated armies to whatever you want - no need to recruit :)

I deploy catapult defense only when there is a paladin equipped with Alethia's bonfire defending the village. I use it for long-term defense when I really want to hold a specific village - so I don't really use a 'catapult village' per se. Instead all my defense villages recruit a smaller amount of catapults and station them in that one reinforced village. So I don't really have any examples for you.

DeletedUser12823

So would it only really be practical to set up a 'cat village' if you held one village well behind enemy lines which you aimed to hold long term in an attempt to make your enemy waste troops on a stacked village?

DeletedUser11866

It wouldnt be practical, in my view, to build cats in the enemy village already behind the lines simply because it will take too long and you will need other D from other villages to cover it.

D cat villages with the bonfire are extremely hard to break down and I tend to deploy them with spears, because their Cav defense is low compared to its other stats.