Competition.

DeletedUser6598

Having not played speed in about a year and i'm not sure if i've ever played .co.uk was annoyed to see after joining 6 hours late and quickly gaining rank 3 and my friend also joining 6 hours late taking up rank 4. We were considerably smaller than rank 1 or 2 who had both started near the start of the round. I mailed them asking if they were interested in waiting 2 hours then playing 2v2 in all out war being the only active players in the world. Instead they nuked and took my village which considering the size difference gave me no chance.
Anyways to the point my rambling is mainly to ask the question does anyone playing speed actually like a challenge or are they only interested in picking up round wins and making the second day of any speed world a waste of time as the winner is already clear?
I am by no means a good speed player but think i would of held my own had they agreed to my duel. Don't want pointless flames about my gameplay or about how it is my own fault for joining late i am merely posing the question is .uk speed merely for ego building or are some people still interested in having a challenge even if they do pull out an early lead.
~Pearcey

DeletedUser3312

Hey buddy, I'd be more than happy to give you a friendly challenge. What's your ign? :)

DeletedUser6598

Won't be this round now obviously as the top 2 are hitting anyone who hits 2500 points when realistically you can only defend so far against that size difference. My in game name is the same as my forum one. Can't play till next Wednesday now because of work. I am not great at speed but with a bit of practice i'm sure i could at least compete with better players than the 2 guys winning this round.

DeletedUser3312

Won't be this round now obviously as the top 2 are hitting anyone who hits 2500 points when realistically you can only defend so far against that size difference. My in game name is the same as my forum one. Can't play till next Wednesday now because of work. I am not great at speed but with a bit of practice i'm sure i could at least compete with better players than the 2 guys winning this round.

Aye, the two winning the round aren't particularly good. They do not however reflect this community's class. Afterall, it is Thursday when the majority of people are at work/school/college.

DeletedUser6598

I know it wasn't a true reflection of the better players this round as i have watched over this forum last couple of weeks intend to start playing speed to improve my sniping and back timing ability to be taken into my accounts on normal worlds. Yea i am regularly still clearing the top player in this round on one of his villages.

DeletedUser

He has alot of villas to handle, so if you near enough, you can clear easily if have enough troops offcourse.

It would then result in him wiping you off the face of the earth though.

On another note, I can imagine co.uk having twtotal. The endless season ladder would be filled of the average and terrible players.

The round going on is a perfect example of my point. 2nd would get 50 points for ranking but they have only like 200 points. The ladder would be a practical joke. But still it would be good to look at.