confused :/

DeletedUser

why do people seem to take this game so seriously iv been invited to a rank 6 tribe and i thought hey these guys might just play for fun but they seemed to take it really really serious. n00bs tribe they are called i have NOTHING against them but the application they sent me seemed really, well serious xD.

3. Write a small paragraph on your previous experience in tribalwars. Include accomplishments, negative aspects etc. This'll give us an insight on what type of player you are.

4. Name three tribes you've admired in previous worlds and why?

5. Name three players you've admired in previous worlds and why?

if i was to be brutally honest i dont admire anyone for playing a game as the basic objective of a GAME is to have fun not to admire people but to play the game for yourself.

what do you guys think?

DeletedUser

Everyone Has different ideas about this game yours is just another opinion, like everyone else's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes i understand i dont take my opinion as final thats why i asked for others opinions,

i've also taken into consideration that tribes leaders must take great responsibility for the upbringing of a tribe and to get in the top 10 is a real achievement and they wouldnt want a spy or anything sabotaging roster lists etc but it just my opinion and as iv already stated my opinion is
NOT final thats not how i work.

DeletedUser

yes i understand i dont take my opinion as final thats why i asked for others opinions,

i've also taken into consideration that tribes leaders must take great responsibility for the upbringing of a tribe and to get in the top 10 is a real achievement and they wouldnt want a spy or anything sabotaging roster lists etc but it just my opinion and as iv already stated my opinion is
NOT final thats not how i work.

The leader of n00bs (our admin Thargoran) has no real interest in rankings. That just isnt how he operates.

DeletedUser

Uhu Sure he doesn't :icon_wink: (Well yeh.. he doesn't seem to notice much atm but it's only because he's busy while Traceys internet gets fixed.. I think...)

DeletedUser

compleX - the simple answer is that you are absolutely right! I am new here, but I have grasped the basics and how things can be checked. To my mind anyone who is a Clan leader, co-leader or whatever and has to ask a series of questions in an application form is being lazy for one (stats can be found all over the place).

Secondly - why on earth would anyone introduce an application to a game? Trust me on this one - I am a manager of several hundred people and I recruit people into very well paid jobs. Going for a good job? - yes, you fill in the best application you can. Wanting to join potentially the best tribe? - I don't think so.

Thirdly, and most importantly, as you say it is a game. Yes you want to win or do the best you can. So all you really need are active members and you will do well, provided you all work together and support each other fully (not half hearted). If they aren't active or fully supportive, they go. Very simple.

This is a bit of a short response as I am tired, but I am sure you, and others reading, get the idea.

Sorry about the edit - missed a closed bracket - I told you I was tired!! lol

DeletedUser

Yehhh.. Thats the spirit... but no :|

TW is a Browser-Based Addiction game for some people :lol:. If you want to get into a good tribe show your experience and post it.

Also lots of people play under alias from such places as .net or W1. I do!

DeletedUser

lol - of course compleX, as you can see from the above response, you will get the obligitory addict or two in such games, alas it would seem that most of them run the tribes!!

DeletedUser

A lot of the top tribes have these application processes in place because they need the best members they can get in order for them to maintain a good rank. That doesn't mean they are addicts, it just means they are competitive. And stats don't give you such a great picture of they quality of a player. They can help to back up claims a player might make, such as "I was in such-and-such a tribe and got to this rank", but to sort the wheat from the chaff you need to talk to them.

DeletedUser

I am a manager of several hundred people and I recruit people into very well paid jobs. Going for a good job? - yes, you fill in the best application you can. Wanting to join potentially the best tribe? - I don't think so.

Why not? Like adam1503 said, tribes have these application processes in place to weed out the less experienced players. I'm sure you wouldn't employ someone without an application, so what makes it any different here? Because it's a game? There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a game seriously (some more than others).

At the end of the day, if you play the game for fun then join a tribe who just wants to have fun. If you want to play seriously, be the best you can and reach the top, then it's going to require you to prove yourself to a top tribe.

DeletedUser

i agree i suppose i just find it interesting how people can take a game so serious i have nothing against them and as this country is a free one i thought it appropriate to voice my opinion.

DeletedUser

[th]Hm. Strange thinking.

Never ever thought about answering with a tribe, which had an awesome community? Which played for fun rather for being top 10?

Never thought about answering about someone, who became a friend of yours - as far as it's possible in a virtual world?

What makes you think, the answers should be restricted to any top tribes or top players? What makes you think, the first question is requiring an awesome player to answer and to get invited?

Actually answers like:
"I always tried to compete, but I got nobled, whenever I tried to survive. [...] I don't know many tribes, but as far as I heard about it tribe XXX in world yyy in version zzz never reached a top ranking. But they were capable to expand in their area, their memberbase stayed and worked together over several months, [...] I don't know many players, but I learned to know playerAB in world CD, he taught me some decent moves, I became better since - now it's time to improve my gameplay even more. [...]"

are way better than brown-nosing with repeating the common top-players, tribes - copied and pasted from any random "who's best" thread - and trying to sell oneself to be yet another of the overrated "leet"-players.

Why taking it "serious"? Well, actually it's not correct in terms of searching for the "crème de la crème" for the n00bs tribe. A good tribe runs over several months, probably years. Thus one should find some people, who you like, who you would like to talk to every day. Gathering the top-players worked for most pre-made tribes for some, few weeks. Usually those tribes don't survive. At least not with the original accounts or players.

It's not always important what to answer. Sometimes the "how" is even more important. :icon_wink:
[/th]

DeletedUser

oooo, at last someone who isnt bombarding me for expressing my opinions and again i never thought like that too, being in a top rank tribe i expected you had to get every answer perfect or close to.
And i respect that you took thought into your reply to my rant thank you, i do appreciate it, also good luck with your tribe,

DeletedUser

The leader of n00bs (our admin Thargoran) has no real interest in rankings. That just isnt how he operates.

This shouldn't be aimed at Thargoran. It's aimed at me.

It's my application, my ideology of what type of members I want to omit to a tribe.

Yes, it's a game however it's still a competetion . I strive to be the best at everything which appeals to me as a challenge. I lead a fun life however I kick back onto this game at times. I'm not a massive fan of online games but this one is a real challenge if you want to be #1. I supplied the recruitment criteria as I want to know the exact type of players who I'm working with. No it's no job interview however when there is a challenge I do take it seriously.

The application just gives me an insight on the type of person you are. I have made friends on this game, well net-friends. I've found inteligent people who have my way of thinking; Thargoran, Superhoops, Unperturbed, Optimus, Two-Face the list goes on. The application has allowed me to unearth these players and given me the chance to work alongside them.

This is the way I operate and I've found it successful on multiple fronts. If you (not aimed at anyone, again a general comment) don't like the way of my thinking, tough. Don't join.

(This wasn't directed at Pred, it's a general statement)

DeletedUser

why do people seem to take this game so seriously iv been invited to a rank 6 tribe and i thought hey these guys might just play for fun but they seemed to take it really really serious. n00bs tribe they are called i have NOTHING against them but the application they sent me seemed really, well serious xD.

3. Write a small paragraph on your previous experience in tribalwars. Include accomplishments, negative aspects etc. This'll give us an insight on what type of player you are.

4. Name three tribes you've admired in previous worlds and why?

5. Name three players you've admired in previous worlds and why?

if i was to be brutally honest i dont admire anyone for playing a game as the basic objective of a GAME is to have fun not to admire people but to play the game for yourself.

what do you guys think?

Wow , you think that is serious ? I've seen much more serious than that.
You should have tried to apply for hate. on .net that was traumatic. :lol:
Many applications I have seen from other tribes I probably could not have answered the questions correctly at the time , but basically the way you answer gives an indication of the type of person / player you are. Maybe you are taking it more seriously than it is intended.
However I don't see anything wrong with taking a game seriously, yes I play to have fun but sometimes I need more than that to occupy my tiny mind and putting my efforts into a game , that I use my spare time on, I would hope the people alongside me would do the same. At the end of the day as long as you are getting fun out of the game how serious you take it is irrelevent , serious people can have fun too.

Lisa <3

EDIT ... either I am so slow or this forum is super fast . Everytime I'm writing a response 5 posts have been made in the meantime :S

DeletedUser

@ compleX

I can understand why you are reacting like the way you do, most newbies do, or atleast I did... But after playing over several weeks, I just felt that I had to win, I had to grow so I could be a part of the biggest tribe and so on. I gained a lot of experience while I was struggling to be better, seeking answers etc. But now it's different, I still want to be one of those who grow fastest, and conquer the ODA rank, but more important is that I love to challenge myself and beat my own goals, i.e -> I challenge myself to collect a variable amount of ODA or ODD before I get to 10k points, or rim a chosen player within x amount of days. Beside that, a good tribe is very important. A good tribe for me is to be with the persons I feel I can co operate with, same interest and good sence of humor! -> Good leaders with great PnP skills which is needed if my tribe is going to satisfy my attention demands :lol: In other words, the tribe's ranking isn't so important, but I'm comfortable with good attention. A tight underdog fits me well. :)

My tips to you is just to play the way you feel for, and meet other individuals that have same interest. I guess that communication is the factor which kept me in this game.

//Aspire