Defence

DeletedUser

What do you need to have in your village for good defence? Im guessing a good wall and maybe lots of archers?

DeletedUser

When you get more villages you will build defensive villages with only defensive units. Defensive units are spears, swords, archers and heavy cavalry (which can also be used for offense). For your first village it is best to go all offense and the beginning of the game is geared towards offensive players.

The only defensive units I make are the first 50 or so spears I use for farming early on. If someone starts to attack you, it is best to just dodge the attacks and "hide" your resources in the early stages of the game. If your attacker can't benefit from attacking you then you have a better chance of them leaving you alone. Its not until players get a workshop where they can build rams and catapults that they can actually do real damage to you.

EDIT: You will end up building a level 20 (max) wall in all of your villages but if you don't build defense in your first village then there isn't much point to a wall anyway. Unless you're being attacked I wouldn't build your wall past level 5 for now.

EDIT#2:You should probably post any more questions in the questions section :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I got you thanks, but wall wise. To what level do you build your wall to in your first village and the other ones? My first goal is to build a stable and make a large cavalery, is that right?

DeletedUser

Answered my question and just found questions bit! thanks

DeletedUser

And sorry one last thing, when you say building defenses, you mean building lots of archers and spearmen and leaving them in the village yea?

DeletedUser

Yep, you want to get to LC as fast as you can. This guide will probably get you there quickest. http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=265

As for defensive villages I can't remember any specific "builds" off the top of my head but the numbers in a village might look something like 7k spears with 2k HC. There was a thread discussing different village builds here. http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=424
Don't get discouraged if you don't understand everything in this thread right now. Finding the perfect build for offense or defense is some of the most technical stuff in the game.