Defense against Nukes.

DeletedUser

I was just wondering whether there is an effective defense for Nukes. Alison.

DeletedUser2765

[ke]Yes, there are offensive nukes and defensive nukes. The best counter for an offensive nuke is a defensive nuke.[/ke]

DeletedUser

[pp]Basically the best way to beat a nuke is to gather as many defensive troops as possible in your village. The defender has the advantage in the attack system because unlike the attacker, the defender can bring as many troops as they can gather to the "battle".[/pp]

DeletedUser

An effective defense would depend on what was in the offensive nuke.

For example, if the attacker was axe heavy then your best bet is using swords to counter.
Spears for Light Cavalry etc.

There are Heavy Cavalry strategies as well, which I'm sure there are guides for if you search.
HC actually have the greatest Offense stregth as well as defense so are quite effective. The resource cost and population used for HC is the downfall.

DeletedUser

An effective defense would depend on what was in the offensive nuke.

For example, if the attacker was axe heavy then your best bet is using swords to counter.
Spears for Light Cavalry etc.

There are Heavy Cavalry strategies as well, which I'm sure there are guides for if you search.
HC actually have the greatest Offense stregth as well as defense so are quite effective. The resource cost and population used for HC is the downfall.

best is not mixing HC with other troops. a good mixture of spears and swords are best. but it all depends on the troops the attacker has. most effective is 20K axes but it take too long to build so it is not much used.

DeletedUser

most nukes go axe heavy though
its like 7k axe + 2k LC or something
i dont remmeber
long time since i faced a nuke.

DeletedUser2765

best is not mixing HC with other troops. a good mixture of spears and swords are best. but it all depends on the troops the attacker has. most effective is 20K axes but it take too long to build so it is not much used.

[ke]Are you kidding? My favorite strategy is to go Axe/HC nukes for Offense and Spear/HC nukes for Defense.[/ke]

DeletedUser

[ke]Are you kidding? My favorite strategy is to go Axe/HC nukes for Offense and Spear/HC nukes for Defense.[/ke]

I thought that about not mixing.
Though I do mainly stick to Defense HC, I do dabble with Offense HC if I think it's necessary.

I dunno if he was implying a village with just HC is the best..crazy..

Impulse was right about the axes though and I've seen a couple 17K axes, 200 rams and the rest LC nukes before. They're good but not very practical.

DeletedUser

Thanks.

:icon_biggrin: Thanks for the advice guys. Most helpful. I get the idea. I am very new to this game and it is a lot to take in, but I'm getting there. Alison.

DeletedUser

if worked out per farm space swords are superior defenders than hc but have the problem of using the same building as spears for recruiting so a longer build to have the same defence strength.

and again per farm space lc are better for attacking force but do build quicker altho they lack the multi use of defence that hc have.

DeletedUser

Ok , so i have an incoming noble train with a 4 second gap between them , am i right in thinking if i send my noble out and cancel it for it to fall inbetween the attacks would this save me from being nobled . Or if i lowered my loyalty so his 1st noble took it and the reast all killed each other , if i had a nobleman in transit would him coming back after the noble get me the village back or would he disappear.
ps Sorry for hijacking the thread.

DeletedUser

:icon_biggrin: Thanks for the advice guys. Most helpful. I get the idea. I am very new to this game and it is a lot to take in, but I'm getting there. Alison.
I been here for nearly 3 months now and i still aint getting it there , but the forums are my saviour . I am now in top position in my continent thanks to all the advice ive picked up in here. Maybe i should have took this up 20 years ago , if it were about . I know .:icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Ok , so i have an incoming noble train with a 4 second gap between them , am i right in thinking if i send my noble out and cancel it for it to fall inbetween the attacks would this save me from being nobled .

If you sent troops out from your village to land inbetween the first hit and fourth (Called sniping) you can save your village, it's risky however, but, relatively easy to do (Especially with a 4 second gap...)

Or if i lowered my loyalty so his 1st noble took it and the reast all killed each other , if i had a nobleman in transit would him coming back after the noble get me the village back or would he disappear.
ps Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Really kinda risky, as you'd lose all the troops that were in your village at the point it was nobled, but, can be an effective way of stopping you from getting nobled i guess.

DeletedUser

So losing the troops . Would that mean losing the nobleman too Or would he still return .
Thanks in advance

DeletedUser

Another quick question , i have 2 spare nobles which i could do with having in another village closer to my target . If i send them to another of my villages will they die and let me re-educatre closer to where i want to be . Or are they gauranteed to lower the loyalty and come back .
Again , thanks in advance

DeletedUser

So losing the troops . Would that mean losing the nobleman too Or would he still return .
Thanks in advance

You'd lose all the troops in the village if you did it that way. Annoying, but, can be a good strategy at times.

I wouldn't advice having the noble as defence though, or maybe i've read that wrong :/

Another quick question , i have 2 spare nobles which i could do with having in another village closer to my target . If i send them to another of my villages will they die and let me re-educatre closer to where i want to be . Or are they gauranteed to lower the loyalty and come back .
Again , thanks in advance

If you suicide them (At a barb, or one of your own villages) on UK1, they can be "Bought" back with the cheap rebuild feature.

DeletedUser

YEH IM A LITTLE VAGUE SOMETIMES . i READ SOMEWHERE THAT SENDING A NOBLE WITH TROOPS OUT AND CANCELLING FOR THEM TO RETURN DURING THE ATTACK OR JUST AFTER CAN SAVE A VILLAGE . CANT REMEMBER WHERE I READ IT THO . BUT IF THE VILLAGE GOT NOBLED WOULD HE MAKE IT BACK IS MY MAIN QUESTION , AND SORRY FOR THE CAPS , TOO MUCH TO GO BACK AND REWRITE IT . LOL

DeletedUser

Cruise control :icon_cool:

Sounds vaguely like sniping.

Sniping/splitting a train is when you Dodge the initial clearing wave, but, time in defensive (Or, in desperate cases, Offensive) troops to land at the very weakly guarded noble.

A 4 second train is relatively easy to Snipe/Split. As long as you get the timing right (In itself, not too hard) you should be fine.