Defining Skill?

DeletedUser

What do you think defines skill? Let's see if we can actually get this done without a flame war/war talk.

DeletedUser

skill = good experience, know how to play and what to do in the majority of situation.
in cs, skill = good aim, braining and teamplay.

DeletedUser

To me, the definition of 'Skill' (Based on TW, not the word itself) Skill is the ability to overcome the odds, if you will, having multiple opponents attacking, not an end in sight, Skill to me, is having everyone in one tribe working as one, supporting, whether that be in offense, defense, or even as simple as a few resources here and there.

Alot of people here, there and, well everywhere think that 'Skill' is Being rank one in this, rank one in that, yes that is correct, but in different ways wrong, maybe some tribes haven't been giving the opportunity to express this to the world, Here I'm referring to quieter tribes, who don't post much/at all on the forums to show the world of maybe achievements, Tribes like FREE, TR, *FW* and IWL.

This is a daunting question as the possibilities could go on for ages.

That is my opinion on the word 'Skill'.

DeletedUser

Flexibility and an ability to adapt quickly. This games basics isnt really hard to grasp, some of the finer detail will take longer to learn ofcourse. A skillfull player to me is one who can come out with the upperhand in most situations. A good sence of logic has never hurt anyone either.

DeletedUser1303

not having a good internet connection which my G/F's got (mobile internet is sooooooooo slow on her laptop) so you can't get to snipe as good as normal.

DeletedUser

Yeah yeah yeah Darting lol .

I know what you mean mate . I use mobile internet half the time and it blows

DeletedUser1303

Yeah yeah yeah Darting lol .

I know what you mean mate . I use mobile internet half the time and it blows

It sucks. probably cos she got a slowish laptop too.

i'll be ok tonight though, i'm back on my broadband :D snipetime

DeletedUser

Skill is the ability to say something which only those truely wise understand...................................

DeletedUser

Skill is the ability to say something which only those truely wise understand...................................

I know where you're coming from there, I seem to constantly confuse the lesser among us with my big words and sniping skill... :p

DeletedUser

skill = good experience, know how to play and what to do in the majority of situation.
in cs, skill = good aim, braining and teamplay.

Skill and experience are not the same. You can train and sharpen your skills through experience, but you cannot create it. You either have the skill, or you don't (so much)

DeletedUser

Skill and experience are not the same. You can train and sharpen your skills through experience, but you cannot create it. You either have the skill, or you don't (so much)

isnt that ability ... ? you carnt improve ability
but for things like sniping surely you can get better at that , and sniping etc is skill

skill in tw is having good personal skills , good team work and knowing what to do when a situations crops up

DeletedUser

That's what I said...

Look through my quote again lol. I said you can train and sharpen it... But that you either have it or, well not not, but less than someone who would be considered pro. No amount of training would you put in front of that person then. (granted if the other person is well trained too)

DeletedUser

There is no such thing as skill. Only luck, intelligence and activity.

DeletedUser

Tbh, i don't believe in luck, the only thing i believe in, is Karma :p

It is impossible not to believe in luck. It is possible to not believe in something or someone being inherently lucky.

But luck itself can just be described as the event happening of the top portion of probability. For example, join a world and being in the top 1% of starting places. That is lucky. Fortunate.

DeletedUser

It is impossible not to believe in luck. It is possible to not believe in something or someone being inherently lucky.

But luck itself can just be described as the event happening of the top portion of probability. For example, join a world and being in the top 1% of starting places. That is lucky. Fortunate.

Opinions opinions,

The definition of Luck on Google -
The force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person's life, as in shaping circumstances, events, or opportunities: With my luck I'll probably get pneumonia.

Luck could just be an opportunity met at the correct timing.

To me, luck is opportunity's met.

DeletedUser

There is no such thing as skill. Only luck, intelligence and activity.

I totally agree. though id ad experience to that list. unless you call setting up your account well and being able to use opera quick tab for sending trains skill then id hardly say you can be skilled at TW in the same sense as you would say i am skilled at football or carving wood for example.

TW is about being on regularly and having the experience to deal with situations. like knowing when a village isn't worth defending anymore.

DeletedUser

I disagree. As I personally have experienced being able to filter out those situations without having any experience and I'm sure there are others. How? That's what I call skill. And sorry if it's sounds kinda boasty :/

DeletedUser

Opinions opinions,

The definition of Luck on Google -

Luck could just be an opportunity met at the correct timing.

To me, luck is opportunity's met.

Words have many definitions. I just gave you the definition of the word I was using.

Stop bringing up arguments that don't need to be brought up.

DeletedUser

Arguments? How so? I just shown my perspective on the word Luck?

Plus at the top i stated 'Opinions, Opinion's'