Demolishing buildings

DeletedUser

Well i hit a milestone this week and got my HQ up to level 15 . :icon_biggrin:
Anyway , my question is this .
Why would i demolish a building , i have tried to work it out but alas i cannnot :icon_confused:
My coleague has knocked down his church and rebuilt it but it seems the same .

DeletedUser

When you demolish a building, you free up population space that can be used either for another building or to train troops. However, you don't get back any of the resources used to construct the building. As for the First Church, you can demolish it and then rebuild it in another village (as long as you have no churches anywhere else), which might give you more flexibility when nobling other villages for your first cluster i.e. relocating your First Church might move your church's influence area over more noble targets.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Kool . Thanks , ive not quite grasped the attacking villages with troops there yet . Only for taking resources from local farmers :lol:
Im sure theres a whole new learning curve here , i just need to figure it all out 1st .
I fi noble a village ,am i right in assuming from your answer that there wont be a church in it.
Again , thanks......Mark

DeletedUser

Or if you are being nobled and you know you don´t have an escape door destroying building is a nasty surprise for your enemies who may be nobling you because of level of the buildings you have, but with this method damn it, simply nasty xD

DeletedUser

I fi noble a village ,am i right in assuming from your answer that there wont be a church in it.

Correct, if you noble a village containing a church, the church disappears.

And you're welcome!

DeletedUser

Or if you are being nobled and you know you don´t have an escape door destroying building is a nasty surprise for your enemies who may be nobling you because of level of the buildings you have, but with this method damn it, simply nasty xD
You cannot demolish buildings if the loyalty is below 100.

DeletedUser

Yeah i know but if he knows he will be attacked and has no chance of defence...

DeletedUser

I have maxed out my population, (24000), and am now getting the message that my "Farm is Too Small" for me to continue doing anything.
It's been suggested to me that demolishing my hiding place would be one way making room to grow my farm, does that sound feasible?

DeletedUser

Demolishing your hiding place will get you a whole 8 populaion...not sure it's really worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't demolish your hiding place. Loosing 8 axes but save resources that can build much more is definately worth it.

If you post your village build here we can tell you what and why you should demolish some of the buildings.

DeletedUser

Thanks for advice.
My village build is:-

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 22)
Stable (Level 14)
Workshop (Level 5)
First church (Level 1) Building fully constructed
Academy (Level 1) Building fully constructed
Smithy (Level 16)
Rally point (Level 1) Building fully constructed
Statue (Level 1) Building fully constructed
Market (Level 10)
Timber camp (Level 27)
Clay pit (Level 27)
Iron mine (Level 26)
Farm (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Warehouse (Level 25)
Hiding place (Level 10)
Wall (Level 20)

Hope that is the info you are requesting.

DeletedUser

You're doing great. Kill some of your troops to continue building necessary buildings.

DeletedUser

OK - sounds a bit callous and a waste of resources that were used in building the troops but If I've got to send some of my men out to a certain death then so be it. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser14

Actually I wouldn't waste troops.
This always happens to me at the beginning of a world, what I would do is find a good target near you that is a threat, and kill him:)
I know you are not at an academy yet, but if you find a nice target and turn them into your farm for the next few days while you build up to noble them!!

DeletedUser

That seem a less wasteful approach. Who knows, I might lose a few troops in the process killing two birds with one stone! Thanks.