demolition of smithy

DeletedUser

i know that for some villages like defensive/offensive types of villages dont have any academy and sometimes only uses (spears, swords and archers)/(LC's,Ma's and axemen).

my question is:
can you still train troops (lc's)(ma's) even if your smithy is in the lowest level(0)[but you already researched it]?

DeletedUser1082

you can't train troops unless the level of the smithy is met with the level for the troops

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

but lc's and ma's requirement is stable lvl3 and lvl5... and no smithy

its just the stable that requires smithy

DeletedUser

No, once the smithy goes below 20 you can't mint coins, and once you go below the required level for any troop you can't train it.

DeletedUser

so ma's and lc's dont require smithy to be researched... so i think that even if the smithy went dont to 0... then you can still buy lc's and ma's... unless the stable went down to zero... then, you have to build the smithy back again?.... is this trure

DeletedUser

On .net you could still train troops I believe. I had a village on w36 where the smithy had been downgraded to 3 or 4, and I believe I could trian LC, but in honesty I am unsure as this was several weeks ago.

DeletedUser

I don't think you can train any troops if you demolish your smithy to 0. The reason for that is to train a unit, you need to research it at the smithy, and if the level of the smithy is not high enough to use the research, I can only assume that troops could not be made. I can't say I have tried it, but its more probable than the other option, especially if you see it through a real world perspective. You can't have troops with no weapons now can you?

DeletedUser269

I don't think you can train any troops if you demolish your smithy to 0. The reason for that is to train a unit, you need to research it at the smithy, and if the level of the smithy is not high enough to use the research, I can only assume that troops could not be made. I can't say I have tried it, but its more probable than the other option, especially if you see it through a real world perspective. You can't have troops with no weapons now can you?

You Fail, :spear: Require 3 HQ, 1 Barracks <3

DeletedUser

so... what if i research it first then i demolish it to lvl0...can i still train troops like lc's which only requires(lvl 3stable)?

DeletedUser269

so... what if i research it first then i demolish it to lvl0...can i still train troops like lc's which only requires(lvl 3stable)?

No You can't Train anymore, Apart from what is in the Que I believe. You need level 5 smithy to build a stable :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

The point I was getting at is that if you downgrade your smithy again, then you don't have the technology to recruit the units. Basically, what Jamie said :D.

DeletedUser

thx.... how about coins... can you still buy coins even if your smithy is lessthan 20?

thx

DeletedUser

No, you can't buy coins if your smithy is below 20. I know that one from experience(unfortunately).

DeletedUser

The smithy needs to be the level required to do what you wish.