Discussion about UK8

DeletedUser

The only real Downer as far as I can see is the simple techs; that really limits tactical planning IMO and just makes attack/defence a numbers game.

Alphachild

DeletedUser

We should never forget that we always control our fate

A new world...a new adventure .:icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool:

DeletedUser

A bit puzzled we cannot have an exact start time ... why do we have to stay near our computers for up to four hours to get the best start? There's a life out there (somewhere) that ought to be lived. Motor-cycling, golf, urban brawls and shrugging off the advances of girls in the Cooperative car park. Especially as it's half term where we are.
Frustraaating or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You don't have to sit and wait. Starting on the dot does nothing to help you get a good start.

DeletedUser

Unless of course I am later and find my equidistant from a barb farm with a great player like Monty 2 hours older who will get his spears together 2 hours earlier, empty the farm and make more spears ... waiting for BP to end and take chunks out of poor undeveloped little me.

DeletedUser

there will be know war or fighting for a week because of this beginners protection i would prefer it to be only 2 days

DeletedUser

seems a good setting with the end in sight it will mean the big tribes will be forced to attack each other more to stop either gaining an advantage, smaller tribes possibly will not be seen so much as cannon fodder which will help them grow and join in the game more later on

DeletedUser

Unless of course I am later and find my equidistant from a barb farm with a great player like Monty 2 hours older who will get his spears together 2 hours earlier, empty the farm and make more spears ... waiting for BP to end and take chunks out of poor undeveloped little me.

It's been discussed repeatedly the advantages of starting hours to even days late. Now while I agree that barbs and them being emptying can define or destroy an area, starting early will not stop that. Yes, you may get there first, but remember most people who start right of the bat are trying to be rank 1 and play as actively as they can. Either way, the barbs will empty. Now, try joining the rim and compare it to core farming, it's a LOT easier. =)

DeletedUser

Basically, there are advantages to both I would say.
If you start as soon as the world opens you will be in the Inner Core or Inner Ring, as most players want to be closer to their premade/friends they often restart leaving you nice little barbs behind. After a month / 3 weeks the wohle IC is filled with barbs and only the "few" (compared to the amount of barbs) which survived after the noob protection ended.
If you start 7 hours late , you have a better chance of growing as there are less players around you. You will get barbs too, but not as many. I would say this might even be better for players not active 24/7, less stress - about the same outcome.

DeletedUser1511

A bit puzzled we cannot have an exact start time ... why do we have to stay near our computers for up to four hours to get the best start? There's a life out there (somewhere) that ought to be lived. Motor-cycling, golf, urban brawls and shrugging off the advances of girls in the Cooperative car park. Especially as it's half term where we are.
Frustraaating or what?

No all it shows is that you arent very bright and dont understand the mechanics of the game :lol:
Basically, there are advantages to both I would say.
If you start as soon as the world opens you will be in the Inner Core or Inner Ring, as most players want to be closer to their premade/friends they often restart leaving you nice little barbs behind. After a month / 3 weeks the wohle IC is filled with barbs and only the "few" (compared to the amount of barbs) which survived after the noob protection ended.
If you start 7 hours late , you have a better chance of growing as there are less players around you. You will get barbs too, but not as many. I would say this might even be better for players not active 24/7, less stress - about the same outcome.

If you are going to start late, do not join based on length of time, but number of villages in the world. As the number of villages in the world increase your starting mines increase. This means that those inactives that never log in give you a lot more res.

This is why when players like Nauz do a late start and still get rank 1, anyone knows how to play, isn't impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well yes, but what are level 9 Mines compared to 8 barbs in your 7x7 (which will eventually happen if you are in the IC)..

DeletedUser1511

Well yes, but what are level 9 Mines compared to 8 barbs in your 7x7 (which will eventually happen if you are in the IC)..

Ok here it comes. The core isnt the most difficult due to better competition there is simply more competition. You may get more barbs but it is less resources over a larger amount of players.
Core inactive start at 26 points later on they will have 1/1/0 or 2/1/1. This is substationaly more than 0/0/0 Especially when spread over a 30x30 which can hold 200+ vills with a 70% inactive rate on the rim, it is easy sailing....