[DISCUSSION] ANDROID APP

DeletedUser12185

The app looks really good and would be even better if it worked on my phone which is the Nokia lumia 610 which has the windows Os on it so I was wondering is they any chance the app could be made to work on windows phones

Chris

DeletedUser

I Got the same problem, my phone cant support it :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

[TT]DISCUSSION THREAD :) [/TT]
The app has been working great on my galaxy s3 for a while now, the only recent problem I have encountered was an issue logging into the game, it went from login details to world select then back to login again rather than going into the game, however I found the cause was the fact that for some reason my phone had not auto updated the app. I manually updated it from the app store and it worked fine again. So my only real suggestion or improvement would be a a alert or something that you are running a out of date version on login screen. other than that I can't fault it so great work :)

DeletedUser

I used it on my s3 for a day but found numerous failings.

Firstly and most importantly it drains the battery so fast it makes my phone pretty useless to take out for the day.

Secondly, i far prefer the interface i get in a browser. The app just seems much more restrictive.

Thirdly, farming using the farm assistant in the app is slower than using Chrome browser on my s3.

Perhaps it may be useful to notify of incoming attacks but if the phone battery is dead and the app is slow... I'd rather just use the village manager and get email notifications which i am able to customise the notification of... Unlike notifications for from the app which i cannot...

Uninstalled for now.

DeletedUser5582

well finally I have bought myself a phone that apparently does things except ring folk (so retro I know) but the app won't appear (but about 9 others did). Is this because it detects that my phone can't handle the app (is a samsung galaxy young that I was talked into buying in a weak moment).

How can I see if it is me being dim or my phone being rubbish?

DeletedUser4

well finally I have bought myself a phone that apparently does things except ring folk (so retro I know) but the app won't appear (but about 9 others did). Is this because it detects that my phone can't handle the app (is a samsung galaxy young that I was talked into buying in a weak moment).

How can I see if it is me being dim or my phone being rubbish?

[tt]Need to know which processor the phone uses to find out if its compatible.[/tt]

DeletedUser5582

ty for reply Tracey. My phone uses android hence me thinking I should be able to download this app? It brought up every tw app bar the Innogames one but did bring up the Grepolis one?! Phone is the Samsung Galaxy Y if that helps?

DeletedUser4

ty for reply Tracey. My phone uses android hence me thinking I should be able to download this app? It brought up every tw app bar the Innogames one but did bring up the Grepolis one?! Phone is the Samsung Galaxy Y if that helps?

[tt]galaxy y has an ARMv6 processor und thus not supported by adobe air which means at this time the answer is no [/tt]

DeletedUser

i cannot find the app on market, guess this means my android platform not supported?

sony ericsson e15i

DeletedUser5582

[tt]galaxy y has an ARMv6 processor und thus not supported by adobe air which means at this time the answer is no [/tt]

ty. So will it be supported or should I buy a better phone and where can we find out which phones are supported in case anyone thinking about buying a phone etc etc

Sorry for all the questions!

DeletedUser

ty. So will it be supported or should I buy a better phone and where can we find out which phones are supported in case anyone thinking about buying a phone etc etc

Sorry for all the questions!

AFAIK some developers can make apps that only support ARMv7 to work on ARMv6. So may be if someone could crack this app and make it usable for ARMv6 phone it should work on Galaxy Y. But that is somewhat hacking so i don't suggest anyone about it.
Second option may be soon TW developers develop a new app for ARMv6 phone.
Else buying a good phone is always great :p

On a side note, just hope the bugs it has (i haven't tested it yet just read reviews on play store) soon be removed so that now i can join tw after 6 months break. Hope it works smooth on my s3 after the next update comes :)

DeletedUser9598

:lol: how times have changed, buying phones based on whether or not they are tw compatible, i remember when i just wanted a phone with downloadable ringtones

To keep my post on topic, i have the android app and its awesome! Being able to access tw whilst im out on the lash is a gem.