[DISCUSSION] Milestones

• Thread starter DeletedUser5582
  • Start date

DeletedUser5582

Is there much point to having a milestone thread for this world (ty CF for starting one by the way)?

I mean 1st to 1k? Does anyone actually care now as it is meaningless as an actual milestone which should be seen as an achievement?

Should we change what milestones a pay to play world should have and if so which and why?

Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
First to spend 1K PP?...

Though could have 1st to milestones and 1st to with no PP spent... ain't that hard to prove...

Though as most milestones, specially early world, go to those that farm the most... surely this world is no different, the PP whores are just time saving...

Last edited:

DeletedUser6695

The people who support Innogames deserve praise *nods*

DeletedUser5582

The people who support Innogames deserve praise *nods*

lol am not unduly fussed re pay to play as it is, alas, a necessary evil to keep this server going. I am though serious re milestones as will they actually mean anything this time round?

Now ODA, ODD etc etc is no change but the rest whats the point? Should we not discard the traditional milestones and just put up ones where paying to get them is harder to achieve (I totally accept that if you do pay heaps that you will also have more troops as your ressies flow in but how you use them I guess is still up to you)

Surely we should reflect this world's unique take with a set of new milestones?

First to 5, 10 or 20 nobles killed
Best Backtime

Lol I don't know but surely be better to have something new and fresh as first to 1k?! 5k or 10k as does anyone actually care?

DeletedUser6623

Milestones shud still stand as they are. Whether you add to them is another subject.

But even if they pay to get to 1-10k.. past them pp is rarely used and the game is less determined on how rich you are and more so on how well you play the game. First to 25k and onwards are still fair milestones afterall.

OD ranks and how many villages conquered, both don't determine on how much pp spent so both stand as valid milestones.

You cant pp awards or first to LC or highest AOTD or whatever. So almost all the milestones still stand as valid.

We are basically past the pp advantage stage anyways.. so the milestones from here on out should all stand valid in my opinion

DeletedUser5582

well that was pretty much my point in that the early milestones should be removed as was purely an exercise in premium spending rather than any sort of actual playing the game for itself

I am not sure how far the silly spending will go on for (I guess folks will continue to pay for mines uplift for a very long time) but my point was for the early milestones (1st to 1k, 5k and 10k) be binned and a debate as to what to replace them with (if anything)

As I said the OD milestones are valid and also 1st to be nobled as the premmy hounds went for barbs!

Anyway I guess the community not too fussed so let it be :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Mate, LightyJo, please write me a private message, your postbox seems to be filled..

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
There have always been ways to gain milestones that aren't exactly the 'best' way to play the game... whether it be going on a barb nobling spree to be the first to 100 villages, munching a 26 point barb to be the first to noble after rushing nobles with no troops or spamming friend requests to be first to 10 awards...

P2W just adds another way to do it...

DeletedUser12290

There have always been ways to gain milestones that aren't exactly the 'best' way to play the game... whether it be going on a barb nobling spree to be the first to 100 villages, munching a 26 point barb to be the first to noble after rushing nobles with no troops or spamming friend requests to be first to 10 awards...

P2W just adds another way to do it...

The difference is P2W is the "best" way to play the game, whereas your other examples were not necessarily.

DeletedUser12303

Does anyone like mancunia out of interest? I have no idea what he's arguing half the time. I also find this topic boring but no milestones are milestones and reaching 1k is one in my opinion I have no idea why p2w is even mentioned its like bringing up premium into the argument.

If people disagree I dunno set up the milestones differently but I have no idea why you would. It's way less stressful if you just ignore the ones you want to. I personally ignore them all and just see what names were around at the start of the world for reference.

Im also drunk.