[DISCUSSION] UK16 SETTINGS

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I would play uk15, i find myself lacking in villas somewhat, how about yourself Rob?

blue

As I said somewhere else... I followed your strategy from UK14 a little bit too well... :)

I no moral, churches, bonfire world would be nice... or only moral for the first 60 days or whatever...

Probably give 16 a miss... well until I get rimmed on classic...

DeletedUser

It seems almost every world on UK has churches and archers....
Hate churches and archers haha.

DeletedUser

I'm sure I saw the world starting on 6th June, seems like its been changed...

DeletedUser11977

Yea good setting .... Why the archers and churches again?
at least there is coins and flags (y)

DeletedUser

Isn't a maximum noble distance of 50 fields quite small, or are UK worlds smaller than what I remember? Uk15 has a noble distance of 500 fields for comparison.

DeletedUser

When does the world open is there a time or a countdown?

DeletedUser4753

You wont know when the world is open until the world opens, but i imagine 10-11 ish as per usual

DeletedUser

Hi,

I'm new to UK but have been reading previous discussion threads on World Settings.

Am I the only one to realize it is a big circle jerk? If you ignore the comments and scroll down, noticing the commentors you always see the same people praising the settings.

Settings that, quite clearly, overwhelmingly favor the aggressive, pre-made tribes of the same usual suspects. It's great that you continue to cater to your core customers, the "usual suspects" that will pre-register for every new world... However do you not consider that this catering may be at the expense of new customers?

Mostly, the new TW players are just joining these worlds to be Farms and Noble Targets for the usual suspects that hit the core in the opening minutes of the world and go about doing the same ol' song and dance.

Sorry for a whinny-tone post, but it's really becoming frustrating to me. I try to invite my friends from college to have a nice, casual game of TW but where is it? Where is the world for players that -aren't- joining with ~20 other friends from years back who just want another round of nooby-stomping?

Food for thought. Discussion is much welcome, but if it's going not going to be constructive than please just move along :)

DeletedUser

Are you for real? Tribal Wars worlds these days are nearly all for the new players..

UK16 has 500ms gap for example... I know of NO good 'usual' player who would want this setting.

I appreciate your concern but I must say it is wrong in my opinion. Perhaps they could do more in the settings for newer players but this would be very unappreciated by the more experienced players for sure.

Also, the UK server has barely any premades and those that it does have are 90% of the time very poor.

DeletedUser

Are you for real? Tribal Wars worlds these days are nearly all for the new players..

UK16 has 500ms gap for example... I know of NO good 'usual' player who would want this setting.

A 500ms gap makes sniping easier for those who know how to snipe. This further demonstrates my point, in my opinion. What beginner even knows to snipe? Making it easier to snipe doesn't help beginners.. It helps the players who know how to snipe, by making it even easier for them and ensuring they wont have to slice anything tighter than 500ms.

If you can slice a 500ms train you probably can slice any train is my point.

I can't really comment on the quality of UK premades hehe. Perhaps some of the tribes on UK16 that I think are premade really aren't, although their tight positioning suggests it :S

Edit: As a counter argument, what about the consistently low tribe limits? You must surely agree that this overwhelmingly becomes an obstacle for beginners? Beginners like strength in numbers and quite frankly, they need it.. Limiting their tribes only makes things much more difficult for ad-hoc tribes, that aren't stacked with experience players from top to bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

.uk is probably the best server for your friends, or at least a lot better than .net... Your not forced to join instantly either, could easily delay joining for a month or so later and join out of the core K's with friends?

Though if your post will get a tribe limit at 60-100 and no churches whatever you said is cool. Used to love low tribe limits, but is more fun being in a small tribe against massive ones in the end :)

DeletedUser

Though if your post will get a tribe limit at 60-100 and no churches whatever you said is cool. Used to love low tribe limits, but is more fun being in a small tribe against massive ones in the end :)

Yes and I would argue that it is more fun because they have much more of a chance in such great numbers. Many people don't enjoy games that are completely and totally 1-sided..

On the flip side, man people find games that are completely hopeless no fun, as well :)

P.S: Another setting that comes to my attention is the Morale settings.. It's not time based here on UK16.

So this:

Your not forced to join instantly either, could easily delay joining for a month or so later and join out of the core K's with friends?

Is kind of silly. The whole point of Morale is to penalize players that want to pick on people who just joined the world.. For example I got stomped on by a player 2x my size and had been playing UK16 for 6 days before I started. He didn't get any morale penalty at all. Kind of sucked. Not sure what newbies are supposed to do in that situation (I know, wah wah I lost my willage LOL).

But with UK16.. I join late and while on the "rim" I can see the core
skype-emoticon0114-dull.gif

How could Morale not come into play here? If ever there was a reason for Morale...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Tbf I'd love morale to be time based and NOT points based. It'd be great. As long as it expires..

DeletedUser10790

Time based morale is great, benefits good players way more than points based does. I thought you wanted it to be easier for nubs? Time-based morale just gives those of us with a good startup a larger advantage than when nobling....
I think the perfect playground for new players is twofold:
1. A teaching tribe (don't happen too often)
2. .net worlds, you don't tend to come across many good players until later on

blue