[DISCUSSION] Winter Event 2012 ~ What did you think?

DeletedUser

Viking camps are grat idea...becouse there is a lots of resources..:)
they are better then barbs ;)
I hope that you will return viking camps...:)

DeletedUser5390

Did you participate?
Yes

What did you think?
Good resources and bonus, but would it be possible to change what villahe had what bonus rather than all the same?
Also lost alot of troops on them when they first came out due to not knowing about the troops. A warning more than what was given last tie could be implemented.

Would you like to see more custom events in the future?
Yes, made the attack break go by a bit quicker and with some action.

DeletedUser

Sorry to disagree with the above, and admitting that I am only half playing on w13, I thought they were a silly distraction.
TW needs to go back to the basic, non premium assisted worlds.

I'm going to agree with this one. I'm all for keeping things lively but the vikings were more annoying to me than anything. Flag worlds and premium-assisted play are a step in the wrong direction.

At the end of the day, you need to give the people what they want. I know that myself, and many others, would appreciate basic worlds with sane settings. There seems to be many people with the intention of quitting after their current world(s) as the new world have the new PP features.

Viking, flags, PP features; they're all just fiddly distractions from the actual game, as far as I'm concerned, and I know there are plenty who agree with me.

Bring back bare-bone TW! :)

DeletedUser3371

On second thoughts if Inno really are interested in what we think about them where is the in game poll?

Why ask the question at all really?

If they made money through p.p. then they will be introduced regardless of what we think which only leaves the real questions of how much p.p. it will cost for them to come and visit just you and not your neighbours and what it will cost to double/treble/quadruple the number of furs you collect with each visit.

Simples, but thanks for asking. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser9006

On second thoughts if Inno really are interested in what we think about them where is the in game poll?

Why ask the question at all really?

If they made money through p.p. then they will be introduced regardless of what we think which only leaves the real questions of how much p.p. it will cost for them to come and visit just you and not your neighbours and what it will cost to double/treble/quadruple the number of furs you collect with each visit.

Simples, but thanks for asking. :icon_rolleyes:

I would say an in-game poll would be something more specific you might do after having gathered feedback from forums.
Asking on the forums is a much better way of gathering what players opinions are than sending out a set of questions that have been formulated by those unaware of some of the issues and can only be answered basically, given set answers.

The reason the question is asked is to get feedback. You don't really get feedback from a brand new event from yes and no answers in a poll. This gives the chance for a variety of opinions on the event to be heard. Not everyone will reply but those that do may highlight points that hadn't been considered in the original planning. Therefore I would consider it very useful.

DeletedUser8195

Sorry to disagree with the above, and admitting that I am only half playing on w13, I thought they were a silly distraction.
TW needs to go back to the basic, non premium assisted worlds.

I totally agree with the above comment. I am not a fan of flag worlds or premium assisted worlds, they spoil the game for those who can't pay out lots of money. Granted to really play the game as a big account you need to pay for at least the premium account but not all of us can afford to keep paying money in to the game when we have to use that money for real life stuff.

Flags worlds are unfair and unbalanced becuase of this especially when the last couple of worlds have been flag worlds. It's time to bring in some fresh old world style settings such as archers and churches with no extra premium features than the standard ones.

Morph.

I'm going to agree with this one. I'm all for keeping things lively but the vikings were more annoying to me than anything. Flag worlds and premium-assisted play are a step in the wrong direction.

At the end of the day, you need to give the people what they want. I know that myself, and many others, would appreciate basic worlds with sane settings. There seems to be many people with the intention of quitting after their current world(s) as the new world have the new PP features.

Viking, flags, PP features; they're all just fiddly distractions from the actual game, as far as I'm concerned, and I know there are plenty who agree with me.

Bring back bare-bone TW! :)

^I agree with what these 3 say^