[Discussion] Would you like UK to have its own speed server?

DeletedUser

I just noticed the speed at the top on the homepage, is this a sign its gone through and will be starting up soon? :)

DeletedUser

I also did not notice until I checked the guys posts above me.
I think that the best thing to do is make a world that doesn't require PP's, and that being about x10 the speed of a normal world, because todays worlds drag. I've heard a fair few people being a bit 'grouchy' on worlds, becuase it takes weeks, if not months to get in your stride. Your probably thinking 'why don't you go on a speed server then', I've never done a speed server, however I'd like to try it out. The one thing that puts me off is PP's, I don't know what I'm buying into. If you did a free couple of speed rounds, then I might be encouraged to do more speed rounds regularly.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I think that the best thing to do is make a world that doesn't require PP's, and that being about x10 the speed of a normal world

Won't happen. Is Innogames policy, no regular world goes over speed 2. Server strain is too high on higher speeds to allow a large number of players to join and limiting that to premium users only is more profitable than merely first come first served.

DeletedUser

It's a good idea to the forum staff and InnoGames to do this to encourage more people to buy PP for later after they know what is being bought.

Great suggestion @ above.

DeletedUser4

I just noticed the speed at the top on the homepage, is this a sign its gone through and will be starting up soon? :)

[tt]Yes its a good sign prob starting middle next week with any luck once I have learnt all the bits I need to :lol: Everything comes to those who wait eventually[/tt]

DeletedUser

I think that the best thing to do is make a world that doesn't require PP's, and that being about x10 the speed of a normal world, because todays worlds drag. I've heard a fair few people being a bit 'grouchy' on worlds, becuase it takes weeks, if not months to get in your stride. Your probably thinking 'why don't you go on a speed server then', I've never done a speed server, however I'd like to try it out. The one thing that puts me off is PP's, I don't know what I'm buying into. If you did a free couple of speed rounds, then I might be encouraged to do more speed rounds regularly.

you know that the first 100 (or something) people on a speed round gets on for free. You have to be very active to keep up.

DeletedUser

you know that the first 100 (or something) people on a speed round gets on for free. You have to be very active to keep up.

I did not know that. Still, I think there should be a free speed round, so people know what it is, and might be encouraged to take up 'speed rounds' more oftenly...

DeletedUser

And to be fair, as much as a speed server would be cool, I would love W6 to be up and running first, get W6 up then do the speed server if its viable.