[Discussion] Would you like UK to have its own speed server?

DeletedUser4221

it sounds good, i would give it ago not 100% sure how it all works but it would be a great way to take what ive learnt so far and try and improve my all round game play and test myself to show my weakness

DeletedUser5472

I'd be up for it :) Always enjoyed the mania involved in the ones of .net would be good to play one here

DeletedUser

i guess ill speack for everyone here.... admins what are you waiting for

we want speed rounds =D

Nauzhror

Reaction score
i guess ill speack for everyone here.... admins what are you waiting for

we want speed rounds =D

We aren't waiting for anything. No one here has the power or authority to make a speed world, that decision comes from the higher ups at Innogames.

DeletedUser

We aren't waiting for anything. No one here has the power or authority to make a speed world, that decision comes from the higher ups at Innogames.

just wondering, is there an innogames representative on these forums as well? or just TW moderators?
plus just wondering if innogames have given any sort of indication as to when it will be introduced?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
just wondering, is there an innogames representative on these forums as well? or just TW moderators?
plus just wondering if innogames have given any sort of indication as to when it will be introduced?

Closest thing to an Innogames representative would be Tracey or Morthy. Tracey isn't able to decide when/if we get a speed server, but she'd be the first person to know if and when Innogames decided to implement it.

DeletedUser282

If .co.uk gets it's own speed server that would be brilliant and hopefully get better competition than .net. A good time to start would be in the summer to get a very large member base from the beginning due to holidays and stuff.

Though I do think to try and increase the skill level a lot of barbs are needed to make it so that farming is actually worthwhile and not get to the point were just increasing resource pits to 30 to begin with is better, which imo is what killed off the competition from .net in the first place.

I also think that there would need to be looser regulations on scripts (Like, to the level of .net)

As, at speeds of around 200, you need the scripts that hold a list of coords to just click the button then click attack then click ok, or you are unable to farm efficiently, as it is near impossible to continue farming properly at speed 200 or higher.

The argument any anti-script people will make, will be that it takes away skill from the game and leads to simple arcade clicking, this is kind of true, however, if you have to go through each barbarian manually and type in the troop numbers manually, then the people who can type and click faster will have such a huge advantage, that skill in early game will be gone completely and the fastest clickers/bot users will dominate.

The idea of the loosening script regulations would put people who can click and fast and people who can't on a level playing field at high speeds, as I would imagine that almost anyone could keep farming at all times with that script. And this would mean that it would be down more to skill in building the correct troops and correct buildings than who can farm the fastest.

DeletedUser

If .co.uk gets it's own speed server that would be brilliant and hopefully get better competition than .net. A good time to start would be in the summer to get a very large member base from the beginning due to holidays and stuff.

Though I do think to try and increase the skill level a lot of barbs are needed to make it so that farming is actually worthwhile and not get to the point were just increasing resource pits to 30 to begin with is better, which imo is what killed off the competition from .net in the first place.

I also think that there would need to be looser regulations on scripts (Like, to the level of .net)

As, at speeds of around 200, you need the scripts that hold a list of coords to just click the button then click attack then click ok, or you are unable to farm efficiently, as it is near impossible to continue farming properly at speed 200 or higher.

The argument any anti-script people will make, will be that it takes away skill from the game and leads to simple arcade clicking, this is kind of true, however, if you have to go through each barbarian manually and type in the troop numbers manually, then the people who can type and click faster will have such a huge advantage, that skill in early game will be gone completely and the fastest clickers/bot users will dominate.

The idea of the loosening script regulations would put people who can click and fast and people who can't on a level playing field at high speeds, as I would imagine that almost anyone could keep farming at all times with that script. And this would mean that it would be down more to skill in building the correct troops and correct buildings than who can farm the fastest.

I agree with most of your points there apart from scripts. I hate using scripts, I feel they shouldn't be allowed altogether just because they give unfair advantages.

Ok, so the fastest clicker has the advantage? Fair enough, but there has to be an advantage for some people somewhere and 'fastest clicker' sounds fairest.

DeletedUser282

I agree with most of your points there apart from scripts. I hate using scripts, I feel they shouldn't be allowed altogether just because they give unfair advantages.

Ok, so the fastest clicker has the advantage? Fair enough, but there has to be an advantage for some people somewhere and 'fastest clicker' sounds fairest.

Farming on speed cannot function effectively without scripts being allowed, without the script it is still possible to farm however the immense effort required to do so would mean that the majority of people would just raise there resource pits to 30 before building any troops.

I would rather benefit the people that look on the forum enough to get the script that just turn speed into an arcade, whoever can click the fastest wins, type of game.

DeletedUser

Farming on speed cannot function effectively without scripts being allowed, without the script it is still possible to farm however the immense effort required to do so would mean that the majority of people would just raise there resource pits to 30 before building any troops.

I would rather benefit the people that look on the forum enough to get the script that just turn speed into an arcade, whoever can click the fastest wins, type of game.

Mhm, I suppose. Yet at the same time on normal worlds I feel scripts are un-needed, or at least farming ones, and I don't agree with them.

DeletedUser282

Mhm, I suppose. Yet at the same time on normal worlds I feel scripts are un-needed, or at least farming ones, and I don't agree with them.

I'm not suggesting that this script should be allowable on all worlds, just that it should be allowed on speed so that people can farm effectively.

DeletedUser

Uhh, I'd say he was talking about the .uk server in general although he's very much wrong saying no-ones played speed before considering most here come from .net...

DeletedUser

sorry my bad some of you have played speed but i was just reading through the posts quickly and MOST people were sayin they have never played speed before, and gargareth probably has and i havent seen him in speed ever so he should come play sometime

DeletedUser

all farming scripts should be made legal, then everyone has the same speed in growth. You might think make it illegal, and people will have the same speed in growth, but no you're wrong. Alot of people know how to get around using scripts on Tribalwars now, and most people use scripts from bookmarks now anyway, so just make them legal otherwise you're going to get a few people who will dominate every round, and some that will never win, then give up. Making the .co.uk speed smaller and smaller just like .net. People aren't going to follow the rules and farm by hand without using a script when they know the round is going to end after a days or hours when they know other ways and faster ways to farm using scripts. Makes less work for admins/mods and more fun for the players, also more competition. Tribalwars isn't all about how cool you are at farming. Fighting is more fun :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

all farming scripts should be made legal, then everyone has the same speed in growth. You might think make it illegal, and people will have the same speed in growth, but no you're wrong. Alot of people know how to get around using scripts on Tribalwars now, and most people use scripts from bookmarks now anyway, so just make them legal otherwise you're going to get a few people who will dominate every round, and some that will never win, then give up. Making the .co.uk speed smaller and smaller just like .net. People aren't going to follow the rules and farm by hand without using a script when they know the round is going to end after a days or hours when they know other ways and faster ways to farm using scripts. Makes less work for admins/mods and more fun for the players, also more competition. Tribalwars isn't all about how cool you are at farming. Fighting is more fun :icon_twisted:

This makes a lot of sense .
One think that puts me off speed ( apart from being crap at it ) , and sometimes the game in general , is that you know people are cheating .
People who abide by the rules are at a disadvantage due to others knowing how to cheat and get away with it.
I am not quite sure you can make the playing field totally even but Smile? raises good points.

<3

DeletedUser282

This.

DeletedUser

That's all well and good for those who know of the scripts of which you speak. But how would it be made so everyone who wants to play Speed is on an equal playing field ?

A section on the forum for "Speed Scripts"?

But on the whole, i do agree with what you say...