Embarassed at the lack of our childishness

• Thread starter DeletedUser5582
  • Start date

DeletedUser11866

Need to look at it individually to answer it, there will be many reasons to why people noble them and you cant generalise it

DeletedUser4753

remember when threads were at least slightly interesting...

DeletedUser360

I do wonder why so many players have taken such large numbers of barbs (poor wee defenseless mites) on this world? I can see why a small player might do it to cluster up if surrounded or take the odd one if your nukes are rebuilding to maintain growth. I also see the strategic benefits of taking barbs around a new cap to form mini clusters around your area.

But the scale of barb munching has gone beyond this? Is it because of the blooming awful morale rule that this sickness has descended. Big players are munching as surrounded by low morale targets and small players are munching as this is what they always do?

If so then the murder of all these barbs can only be laid at the feet of our CM!

Even though the bonus barb benefits were trimmed on this world why is everyone doing it? Or was Reduram's thread the most successful subconscious mind control thread ever and we have all been brainwashed?!

Discuss (childishly!)

Well, not me, but others find it as a quick way to gain villages, if you've got spare nobles they may as well be used up. I've been tempted to do it and I've been very annoyed when players have nobled barbs touching mine that i use for farming, if barbs didn't grow, like the good old days on the .net server then we'd see a lot more fighting. People happy to avoid fighting and just play sim city instead of tribalwars.

DeletedUser11866

^ this argument always annoys me ... If you are in a frontline war you need a cluster to survive. Otherwise you will be overrun pretty dam quick.

DeletedUser4753

^ this argument always annoys me ... If you are in a frontline war you need a cluster to survive. Otherwise you will be overrun pretty dam quick.

i have to agree with sean actualy, frontline defending is 2 fold, stacks from the back and dodge snipe etc.

dodge snipe tends to favor clusters, though not always, stack from the back favours spaced outness, less frontline surface area = less troop spread right.

what i find ideal is when 2 warring players have natural frontlines based on players who been eaten in a long gone war, you usualy find some area's are more clustered than others n some vills rather isolated, but both you and your enemies tend to end up with a even sorta fl.

then what happens is either you have a good old scrap as sean proposes, play your hand against your foe's n what not, or they start trying to swarm you with barb eating. your options as a defender are either:

.remain sparse at the front and eat vills at the back for tougher stacks against the new found enemy offensive, or eat vills at the front to boost your dodge/snipe options, peronal prefrence i guess.

either way though, the enemy feasting on barbs in and around your fl is pretty negative, it means they are playing the long game and instead of acc vs acc, tribe vs tribe, it ends up just a who can eat the most, hardly tw wouldnt you agree??

that said mass's of fakes with random nukes and cat attacks on someones newly found dense frontline often discourages such negative play ;)

DeletedUser8772

i have to agree with sean actualy, frontline defending is 2 fold, stacks from the back and dodge snipe etc.

dodge snipe tends to favor clusters, though not always, stack from the back favours spaced outness, less frontline surface area = less troop spread right.

what i find ideal is when 2 warring players have natural frontlines based on players who been eaten in a long gone war, you usualy find some area's are more clustered than others n some vills rather isolated, but both you and your enemies tend to end up with a even sorta fl.

then what happens is either you have a good old scrap as sean proposes, play your hand against your foe's n what not, or they start trying to swarm you with barb eating. your options as a defender are either:

.remain sparse at the front and eat vills at the back for tougher stacks against the new found enemy offensive, or eat vills at the front to boost your dodge/snipe options, peronal prefrence i guess.

either way though, the enemy feasting on barbs in and around your fl is pretty negative, it means they are playing the long game and instead of acc vs acc, tribe vs tribe, it ends up just a who can eat the most, hardly tw wouldnt you agree??

that said mass's of fakes with random nukes and cat attacks on someones newly found dense frontline often discourages such negative play ;)

Spot on, hence the frustration with some of the players on this world (who have no fl let me add) noble huge amounts of barbs.

We never did test our unix skills against eachover :)

Whilst Im at it... moral at this stage of the game sucks more than the barb murderers!

DeletedUser4753

i love the "...." usage to belittle a point

like the omg what are you talking about something is so obvious duh...

and yet

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?20446-Top-5-tribes-Opinions

one of many threads from uk13 way before the so called 10/10/13

and then thier are more in the uk 4 forum from when this account was made

and then further still i was a forum user on uk1 with a different allias which was made upon the release of tw uk.

i think your counter point is a tad flawed....

DeletedUser10156

There I was thinking it was only your mails to me which didn't make sense, good to see you carry it on to the forums and spread the confusion.

DeletedUser12641

the beauty of this game is there is no rigt or wrong way to play,
some people like barb munching others dont,
this argument will always go on and on and on
it goes from world 3 where barbs grew to a whopping 500 points to world 5 where they only grew to 7000 points
i bet everyone would barb munch if they had a world like that again 7k im in heaven lol

DeletedUser11866

theres an elite way and the rest can suck it, the first group of people which employed that kind of mentality was the german junkers and things didnt end good for them :D