Family Tribes ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser4221
  • Start date

DeletedUser4221

Reading the Top Ten Tribes thread make me rethink about the subject of 'family tribes' but i didn't want to be off topic and encourage more off topic chat and i have to much time on my hands so...........

Family tribes-

What makes this subject interesting in my opinion is in most cases in past worlds/different servers family tribes have never seemed to work for whatever reason.

Reasons such as too much leadership, poor leadership, players grown frustrated with the lack of action it normally brings, players not having a clear path to grow/expand into, leadership disagreeing on matters and then break up into 2 tribes, you name it, it could and most likely has happened somewhere in TW history.

The number of things that can go wrong is countless, not many tribes have the leadership that have the patience/respect/ability from their own members needed to have the time to pull it off and the positives never seemed to outweigh the negatives like they do here in w11.

Now we have a good set of tribes going down the 'two tribes working as one' option, W.G/W-G, ~TIR~/*TIR* plus what everyone is watching and waiting for are BOGOF/CIF/Fate seeming to adapt the 'new style', if that is the path they are choosing to take.....no one knows for sure, but in each case each tribe has experienced players from past worlds trying to make it work and in my view W.G/W-G are one tribe, we are equals and so far it is working.

Which brings me to question, is it really wishful thinking that these tribes working as one can work and our hard work paying off the way we want it to,

or will it just fail like so many 'family tribes' have done before.

All that i know for sure is that its likely to fail if you don't give it your 110% focus and effort, all you can do is give it your all, watch and learn, see how the tribes develop, are both tribes talking enough. You later have to question is everyone pulling there weight ?, do you have two tribes working as one or too many players hiding for there own personal gain rather then the tribes gain.

There is no clear answer/style imo, everyone has their own option about these family tribes, but is what we are really seeing just another family tribe that we see fail in most worlds,

or a new way to player under settings that favor such styles, could this style be used successful in other worlds if it is done well enough here in w11.

The old cliché

Only time will tell.

Thank you for your time, i welcome everyones thoughts in this matter

Assassin222

DeletedUser

I've been reading and commenting on the "Top Ten Tribes" thread for a while and I have to agree with what you have said.
In most peoples opinion, family tribes are unsuccessful, large and clumsy groups of players which collapse due to (as you have stated) countless different reasons.

When working as a single tribe, and especially a small tribe of 25 you can generally expect a lot of unit cohesion. This "unit cohesion" comes into question when two separate groups work together, as often they have different goals and aims.
If both groups share the same goals, then most of the problems associated with "family" tribes are removed (in theory).

This is what I think these family tribes are working towards, a shared aim or common goal. A good example of this is BOGOF/Fate. Once one tribe working together, sharing the same goal. Even now that they are split those goals remain the same, they are simply two tribes under one banner.

Theoretically, family tribes are a brilliant idea that allow more players to work in unison on worlds with smaller tribe settings. In reality they don't often work, but where circumstances are right, as well as attitudes, then there is a good chance this could work out. I do think that shared skype chats and shared forums are essential though, otherwise communication is difficult :icon_confused:

Just thought I'd sum up my thoughts :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

My opinion is Family tribes simply can not ever work.
Were in a small alliance limit world but lets face it other than a few most tribes struggle to get +20 active worthy players.
So to grow a family you have to mass recruit and take in rubbish and theres no shortage of these players simply as they in awe of the possible protection they might get - exactly realy what you dont want in your tribe.
Couple this then with the sort of person who realy has never achieved nothing ever before in TW who gets bold in the belief of the family and starts hes own outfit, later to feel hes better than the rest of hes group and starts to plot or work hes own way

In my K there is a tribe called DW, last count there was 5 of them although one of them seem to have gone.
Not only did they mass 5 tribes they then imediately allied anything within 2 hours travel of them

I was a solo player at that time and when I moaned everything alive was them they imediatey declared full war on me every single group of them and then run to there allies for them to attack me
With over 100 players in there family they never even landed a scout yet i managed to clear and force 2 of them out the game so perfect example of a family tribe.

To those who can see a way around it forget it it can never ever be done.
Some will disagrea but to fill a tribe with perfect players long term and have enough over to make a few more would be a first, ive never seen it done ever and I remember in net server a perct fort family who suddenly apeared and made a perfect circle on the rim with over 500 players all timing there join almost perfectly looked great but failed epicly

DeletedUser

It depends on too many factors to be lent to a definitive conclusion, it depends on the standard of recruitment, standard of leadership and general compatibility between the players.

Say you have 25 good, active players, who help each other and participate to a great extent, you also have 25 applicants, also bearing the same qualities, surely, in that instance, it makes sense to operate a family tribe?

Sure, that's hypothetical and rather unlikely, but it is possible, if the leaders have enough sense and communication, there is no reason why it shouldn't work.

DeletedUser

its not me saying it pushty its the definitive TW as a whole

Ive yet to ever see long term any family to work without it imploding.

Dont forget W11 is so slow with the cap its like playing the most slowest world eer, there are people yet in this world still to make a wall

I accept tribes can work closel yim in one of the best working relations ive seen in this wolrd but at some point keeping a full worthy tribe active is like pushing water uphill, at some point it all just stops

DeletedUser

We will see.

I'm sure, if I went through all the stats, there'd be a strong family tribe, perhaps even a world winner.

DWF had an academy tribe, it won.

DeletedUser

Ive never liked family tribes. This world however lends itself well to them. But more players does not mean better. I'm in a 5 player tribe, holding off a top 20 tribe of 24 players, with ease.
My point being, a small group of players can create havoc, against a much larger tribe of mediocre players. Likewise a full tribe of decent players can easily hold off family tribes.

DeletedUser

We will see.

I'm sure, if I went through all the stats, there'd be a strong family tribe, perhaps even a world winner.

DWF had an academy tribe, it won.

A UK world maybe
these capped worlds are for smaller more inactive players so you maybe right we shouldnt speculate the end of this world i doubt if any of us will be around to see it

DeletedUser

That's a very generic comment, .net isn't necessarily more difficult than .co.uk, if anything, the accessible, default nature of it makes it easier to expand. I recently joined a .net world for the first time in years, the player-base appears to average at about twelve years old.

Or resourceful players, defining a good player isn't as simple as who can farm the most - that's largely simple grind, that practically anyone with fingers can achieve, whereas an efficient player, which is what I'd consider 'good', will make do with what they have and prioritise more pivotal tasks. Of course, there are exceptions, many top players do pretty badly on other worlds, but there are also repeat offenders.

DeletedUser

I must admit I have never seen a truly successful family tribe, but with the settings on W11 I don't see why not... I mean anything is achievable.

DeletedUser8010

I think family tribes are quite often a waste of time, and fail (due to lack of co-operation, and good leadership) but i think the tribes outlined above may have the opportunity to change this stereotype... mostly because of the settings in Uk11

DeletedUser

I don't really see why people feel the need to have family tribes on the uk server. The worlds are comparatively small so no need for multiple tribes inorder to gain a good grip of the area/world. Also there are less top quality/dedicated players so by creating a family tribe most of the time here you are just weakening yourself as you are letting players join who will be easier pickings.

DeletedUser

might have something to do with the defender advantage a capped world gives
get 25 people all next to each other not realy that active but all chip in 1k of defence to someone and the attacker fails

and loosing a nuke in this world means your out the game for a month or so theres safety in numbers

Not saying uk server easier than a net server, any capped world is a place you find semi actives huddling after all they were made as TW was loosing roo muh premium and had to give them a place to go
I made a mistake joining my first capped worl my premium ends soon like a mug i joined added funds didnt think but ill leave TW for god after its goen simply as watching paint dry is more fun
And as for family huggers, well it may work in a capped world no wonder its nicknamed tribal hugs

DeletedUser10477

This world has a relatively small restriction on the number of members in a tribe. This is not necessarily bad, it's just different from the usual world settings. This world also has loot limit, which greatly restricts the growing speed of everyone. As I said, these are not necessarily bad, they are just different from the usual settings.

A lot of people who play on this world, in my opinion, think that feel insecure in a small tribe of 25 which can be easily rimmed by any tribe tribe from the top 20. In addition to that, anyone who started more than two weeks late has a no chance of getting comparatively strong due to the loot limit. People want to be in a strong tribe, and the only way to do that for them is to form a family tribe.

Such family tribes fail miserably because the only reason they exists is because both their leaderships are point whoring. As was said before, the number of things that can go wrong is countless, from bad communication to general poor skills of all players. These tribes are also incredibly afraid of war, which is the reason they get so many alliances. These tribes are cowards and cannot fight. I was in such a tribe and when we were attacked by one much bigger tribe, the reaction of the leadership, apart from me, was to merge with our so called 'sister tribe'. Before this, the tribe was a small group of ten or so players who got along and showed some skill, but it became a stuffed sack, full of the top 25 players of both players, and certainly no better of than before.

However, there are other reasons family tribes are made. When you get a group of dedicated active and strong players, there will naturally be more of people wanting to join. On other worlds this doesn't lead to family tribes because everyone can easily fit into one tribe and there is no need for absurdly big tribes with 100+ players because you just won't get so many good players with the same aim. However, you can easily get about 30 good players with the same aim, and over time they will unite and come together in one tribe. At this point, a sister tribe is created to accommodate everyone. Such tribes are not bad as they have the same leadership, same aims, great communication and just as much general skill. They are also not point whores, so players are somewhat evenly distributed between them. I am certain that W.G and W-G will be around for long and not have problems associated with family tribes.

This world has the perfect conditions for family tribes to arise and last of them is yet to be seen. However, in the end, they shall not exist because a family tribe cannot win this world. They will at some point turn against each other and start fighting.

DeletedUser6623

with the limited tribe member limit.. i was hoping for a miniture version on a net world. Lots of decent tribes fighting it out.

But nooo... ya'll jus ruin it with your families and cuddling.

If it isnt bad enough we all have waste our life playing this game, ya'll doing family tribes too? get some self repect people.

DeletedUser

Family tribes type of just ruin the point of settings like this. 24 member tribes encourages more fighting and therefor more team work. Making everyone in your area a member of your family means the complete opposite. You don't need to fight anyone which personally would bore me. Alright, you may get further in the world, but seems more like a way bending the settings of the world.

DeletedUser

Must admit i would have loved for this world to have many smaller tribes fighting it out. Obviously it's a game of survival, and if people see their joining a huge family as their best option, then I can't blame them.
I started exactly 1 week ago. Next to two players who were much larger than me. Points-wise I have overtaken one of them, the other has double my points, I am seriously struggling to catch up.

It comes naturally then that someone in my shoes would want to join a large tribe where the potential for support could easily keep me safe from these players, especially since it is looking unlikely that i will catch up to him, as farming is limited.
Fortunately I haven't joined a large tribe of huggers, and i don't intend to. But these world settings are quite restrictive, if not fair...

DeletedUser

We has discussed a family tribe a few times, and we ended up setting up a poll and it turn out a number of the tribe would quit if it had happen, and it would of taken away noble targets from us and would weaken our control on the long run, i would not go for a family tribes on this world unless you knew each and every member very well and they were based in 2 ks next to each other,covering ground in 2 ks rather than one

DeletedUser

What most people here are saying , or complaining about, to do with family tribes is that they fail and are often bad. I don't understand why this is something to complain about. Back in my early days on W7.net I loved seeing the big family tribe (Gods) popping up and dominating the top 10 of the rankings because I knew they would fail eventually and it would be all the easier for me (especially seeing as the member limit there was 60 already so no1 who was atall clever would create a massive family) however on a smaller tribe member cap world like this a small family can have it's benefits, only with 2 tribes max and with good leadership.
As for rim tribes making family's it is all you can expect on a limited hauls world as it's all they can do for survival, the only way to stop this is by either using a limited hauls cap, which doesn't rise, or remove hauls (which everyone hates although I think it brings an interesting tactical edge to the world) since right now any of the goop ten tribes could group and destroy the rim.
Anyway this is my opinion tell me what you think :)