First time player

DeletedUser

Started with my first village and really screwed it up so i have restarted in the North East. Most of the villages are new and have a attack limit set so i can't farm from them as yet. So whilst i make do with farming the Barb village near to me what is the best strategy to grow my village? So far i have
HQ 3
WH 6
B 1
Ti 12
Cl 10
Ir 9
Wall 1

I also have 19 spears with 7 more in production.

So do i concentrate on troops or do i build up my timber/Clay/iron?

Thanks for any replys :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Start ups aren't really my strong side but you can start by saying when the Beginner Protection ends and, many barbs you have in your 7x7, and how many players are active.

DeletedUser

My Co-ordinates are 579-83 everything is very sparse!

DeletedUser

Hmm, 2 semi-active players in your 7x7 and 1 Bonus Village, 30% more resources of all types.

I'm afraid I ain't a good enough of a start up player to help you.

I'd still like to know when the Beginner Protection of those two ends.

DeletedUser

Protection ends on the 7th 10th and 10th. The larger village i hope to attack with in days should his growth stay as slow as it is.

DeletedUser

He's in W1, K5.

And Nauz's guide won't work in your area, but you can get a slight idea of what to do though.

DeletedUser

Protection ends on the 7th 10th and 10th. The larger village i hope to attack with in days should his growth stay as slow as it is.
What 3 villages are you talking about here? The 2 in your 7x7 and..?

DeletedUser

Crazy, the third village appeared after I checked his location :lol:.

Anyway, I suggest getting the smithy and make some more spears and then axes to split up farming raids and take out your neighbours.

Just try not to do what I did, at 1.000 points I had 9.000 ODA and 1 semi-active village in my church radious, I regret that.

DeletedUser2765

My suggestion; join world 2.

Build your res to 1/1/1, then go for statue. Appoint a paladin. Now, at this point, you might have some barbarian villages in your 7x7, if so... Save your resources until you can upgrade your HQ to level 3, upgrade your barracks to level 1 and start training spears.

Once your paladin is finished being trained, immedietly send it out to the closest barbarian villages. Wait until you have 8 spears before you send them out to farm with your paladin.

Oh and... If by the time you're ready to upgrade your barracks you have no barbs close to you at all (less then 8 fields/square's away from your village), restart over.

Make sure to start in the NW.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
My suggestion; join world 2.

Build your res to 1/1/1, then go for statue. Appoint a paladin. Now, at this point, you might have some barbarian villages in your 7x7, if so... Save your resources until you can upgrade your HQ to level 3, upgrade your barracks to level 1 and start training spears.

Once your paladin is finished being trained, immedietly send it out to the closest barbarian villages. Wait until you have 8 spears before you send them out to farm with your paladin.

Oh and... If by the time you're ready to upgrade your barracks you have no barbs close to you at all (less then 8 fields/square's away from your village), restart over.

Make sure to start in the NW.

Northwest?

Southwest's probably the 'safest' direction at the moment?

DeletedUser

Thanks for the advice so far. I'm going to stick to one world i work far to many hours to play two worlds.

DeletedUser2765

Northwest?

Southwest's probably the 'safest' direction at the moment?

Does one get better by pitting one's self against the best or the worst? And the skill difference isn't that huge. We don't have 20 premades joining the rim Ks like .net.

Thanks for the advice so far. I'm going to stick to one world i work far to many hours to play two worlds.

I'm saying you should quit w1, for w2.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So anymore advice on world one. Do i upgrade buildings or do i farm and continue to build spears until i have a decent stock of TCI then upgrade?

DeletedUser

Yes mate. Do i.
A: Build troops with what i farm from my neighbours and use what i produce to upgrade.
B: Spend it all on upgrading?
C: None of the above.

DeletedUser

None of the above.

You need to find a balance in there, but as I ain't very good at start ups I won't advice you, sorry.

DeletedUser

You should probably split your resources equally between troops and building upgrades, although it depends probably on how active you are.

If you are very active then it might be better to favour troops slighly more - then you can farm more frequently and more widely to get more resources, troops, buildings, etc.

Otherwise perhaps put a bit more into resource buildings so they can produce while you're offline.