Flaming and trolling.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Alright flaming I get.

But trolling (its times like this I resort to calling myself a noob lol):icon_redface:

I dont get it.

Could some posters give me some examples of trolling and an explanation on it? and what the diffrence between them is....

I've seen people posting about trolling before, actualy I posted a skype chat and it got called trolling( I think they were meaning the skyper was trolling me), just never bothered to follow up what it ment at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am 67% sure trolling is when someone who has no reason to be on the forum, makes a comment.

9/10 its someone who doesnt play the world, suck on the worlds they play on and posts something which doesnt benefit anyone.

DeletedUser

I am 67% sure trolling is when someone who has no reason to be on the forum, makes a comment.

9/10 its someone who doesnt play the world, suck on the worlds they play on and posts something which doesnt benefit anyone.

ahhhhh I see, so if thats what it is, then my skype chat wasnt trolling......thank goodness for that, it sounds rather, shall we say, nasty lol

Anyone else care to elaborate on that?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Flaming is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users.

stolen shamelessly from Wikipedia

Of course the two interact so a troll might flame to try and provoke others.

DeletedUser

stolen shamelessly from Wikipedia

Of course the two interact so a troll might flame to try and provoke others.

Whyd didnt I think of using wiki lol, thnks man

Dam it XD I think I might be a flaming troll!:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I'm a Forum Ogre
000204FF.gif
! Second cousin to the Forum Troll.

But seriously if Wiki is even half right I think we may all have a little "Troll" in us. I guess the question now would be Is a forum Troll a bad thing?

I'd say anything done in moderation can't be all that bad.

DeletedUser

Personally I love to jump in & wind up my enemies. I wish they`d attack me more to be honest!
I love being a troll!

DeletedUser

to add to the troll debate, the worst trolls IMO, are the chicken heads who hide incognito. everyone knows who i am
----->most hated at 1 stage<-----
if you have nothing to hide, or you are not ashamed of your tribe, i dont see why you wouldnt let people know who you really are or what tribe you are from.

DeletedUser

oooo owww eeeeeeee ma feelings there sooooo hurt right now!:icon_rolleyes:

You can call me a noob if you like it dont bother me lol, it can be locked if CLT wishes

I asked a simple question because I never knew the answer and posters were nice enough to explain it to me.

OT: isnt there some bridge you should be hiding under?
I'm pretty sure Clamju was just giving an example of how a troll would post normally. (nod)

Status
Not open for further replies.