Forum Jump

DeletedUser

Is this just happening to me? a couple of times ive been on the forums and without touching anything its redirected me to a completely different external page?

Last time it was to the China sex museum webpage???

Is someone having a laugh?

DeletedUser

Normally when something like that happens it's due to you being infected (Always good to scan, anyway).
But I found something weird yesterday which I had to report as some of the ads was lets say, acted funny. An add probably did course this, somewhere in it'd code it migt have it dircted you to an alternate site, and when you click back it just reloads the same page it redircted you to. It's known as a load. It's possible to do that when making sites but it's bloody annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yep thats exactly what happened!! clicked back but didnt work!!

That explains that cheers dude!

DeletedUser

Yep thats exactly what happened!! clicked back but nothing happened!!

Well, it's either the maker of the ad being douche, or someone has hijacked the ad. A redircted ad along with the issue I found last night. It's probably best someone disables ads for the time being for our safty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Did it to me yesterday at work. Quite sure that PC had no viruses as it's a networked PC and we have strict restrictions on what can be downloaded/installed at work.

DeletedUser1274

Hasn't hapened too me yet. Fingers crossed it doesn't or I'll get in big trouble.

DeletedUser

Hasn't happened to me either, I think this might be a problem with a few people rather than the forums... I'll wait an see :S

DeletedUser

happened to me for first time to like specsavers while i was riting a post

DeletedUser

I had my Norton Anti-Virus scan so it hasn't happened to me <:3

DeletedUser

It happens very rarely, but when it does, its a pain in the ass

DeletedUser

[th]I received some mails regarding this issue lately which were telling me, what threads are sending the users (repeatedly) to foreign pages. I checked every single named URL in our forums. No-one had bad codes, illegal JavaScript or attachments on it. Some members got automatic downloads of pdf-files. Yet again: Those weren't being sent from the forums. There were no PDF related to the URLs in the forums, which made the user download it.

I cannot find any error in the forums. If you encounter such problems again: Please try to remember the ads. The adframe is the only content in the forums, which I have no control over. So that'd be the only solution I could think of right now.[/th]

DeletedUser4

[tt]Ads bar safe the west ads have been disabled till we can find out what the problem is [/tt]