General Directory

DeletedUser

For people, I will sort this nice. For lazy people who can't use search.
*will edit now*

Introduction topics
Welcome to tribalwars.co.uk! - Come on! From what server and what world do you come from?

DeletedUser

Madalin seems to be addicted to attempting to make stickys >_<

/me smells an attention whore.

If it is an IMPORTANT thread, it likely to be stickied, so why the hell do we need this :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

[th]This seem to become a standard answer of mine:

This isn't .net. I always disliked the need to browse through several pages of sticked threads some worlds' forums. This will not happen here. If threads are important, they will be discussed. If not, they will be forgotten. It's as easy as that.

But please stop spamming threads with offtopic just to "keep them on top". So even the creator may notice the value of creating threads too early like this right now. The solution is simple: Start such threads and do not reserve the next couple of posting. Whenever you'll have to add something, do it. It'll be bumped automatically.

Spam and Offtopic in the meantime will be dealt with. [/th]

DeletedUser

[th]This seem to become a standard answer of mine:

This isn't .net. I always disliked the need to browse through several pages of sticked threads some worlds's forums. This will not happen in this forums. If threads are important, they will be discussed. If not, they will be forgotten. It's as easy as that.

But please stop spamming threads with offtopic just to "keep them on top". So even the creator may notice the value of creating threads too early like this right now. The solution is simple: Start such threads and do not reserve the next couple of posting. Whenever you'll have to add something, do it. It'll be bumped automatically.

Spam and Offtopic in the meantime will be dealt with. [/th]

i say sticky it...:icon_wink:

jkz.

DeletedUser

[th]Thar's post [/th]
Have you considered an Archive for useful resources? Just because I can see a lot of guides getting bumped unnecessarily (Lots of "I agree" posts, for example)

It may not be necessary since (unlike .net) the search function here is actually useful.

DeletedUser

Have you considered an Archive for useful resources? Just because I can see a lot of guides getting bumped unnecessarily (Lots of "I agree" posts, for example)

It may not be necessary since (unlike .net) the search function here is actually useful.

[th]Indeed, it was planned to add some kind of directory, which will point at the important threads in the forums. I haven't decided yet, whether it will be a global one or one per important sub-forum.[/th]

DeletedUser

In all honesty, I love the way the forum on .uk is directed. I've always suggested a seperate section for promotion of future premades, and additionally, the GFX Sig/Avy shop is obviously another needed one. I'm really impressed with .uk so far!

DeletedUser334

Yes, I like the setup also it gives a new touch to everything.

DeletedUser

Yeh i agree with you guys co.uk is impressive much better then .net :)

DeletedUser562

I am definitely enjoying the forum setup here nice, clean. I hope it doesn't change too much when we get a bunch more threads.

DeletedUser

The team is also aot better at answering questions and helping out. When a suggestion is made they get on it, and say yes or no. Thar already very generously lowered the flood control.

DeletedUser

[th]Thanks for the nice words. But to be fair:

It's far easier to react fast on issues in a smaller community. I can handle things fast, because I'm still able to read most of the stuff in the forums (at least I can flip through most of the threads). This will change. And then everything will need longer to reach me, thus the reactions will be slowlier.

Also I had the advantage to know, how the .net forums were set up and I knew some of their flaws. I also had the opportunity to try some things in a small community for a while (Swiss version of TW), before I became forum admin here. So I took the chance and tried hard to pull the best from both communites into this forums. Having a carte blanche to manage the forums helped a lot, too.

Flood control, extended search, better this, better that... some of the now generous settings may have to change, once the forums reach .net's capacities. [/th]

DeletedUser

Yeah, the forums already seem better than the .net forums. :p

DeletedUser

I actually hope this community stays small, i liek knowing most of the people.

DeletedUser

Indeed. Although I'd hope the base players to fill up a world within the first few days increases from 3,000 or so to 10,000.

DeletedUser

The team is also aot better at answering questions and helping out. When a suggestion is made they get on it, and say yes or no. Thar already very generously lowered the flood control.

So true.

Ingame I reported something and got a reply within minutes. I am used to waiting a few days.

DeletedUser

[th]Thanks for the nice words. But to be fair:

It's far easier to react fast on issues in a smaller community. I can handle things fast, because I'm still able to read most of the stuff in the forums (at least I can flip through most of the threads). This will change. And then everything will need longer to reach me, thus the reactions will be slowlier.

Also I had the advantage to know, how the .net forums were set up and I knew some of their flaws. I also had the opportunity to try some things in a small community for a while (Swiss version of TW), before I became forum admin here. So I took the chance and tried hard to pull the best from both communites into this forums. Having a carte blanche to manage the forums helped a lot, too.

Flood control, extended search, better this, better that... some of the now generous settings may have to change, once the forums reach .net's capacities. [/th]

Well what you have learned and such is working, because i am thoroughly impressed with the forums here. Your doing a great job, and i think by time the community picks up, the forums should not be overly hard to handle due to it being sorted sooner rather than later.
Good job so far Thar.

DeletedUser

Well what you have learned and such is working, because i am thoroughly impressed with the forums here. Your doing a great job, and i think by time the community picks up, the forums should not be overly hard to handle due to it being sorted sooner rather than later.
Good job so far Thar.

Yes, i perfer the team on .co.uk, they have a much more "friendlier pressence", things get done alot quicker (i understand why they dont on .net because of how players but i think the saying is Supply and Demand.)

Fury