Good Idea?

DeletedUser

So im requiring my tribe to have as many or more troops than the amount of points they have by the end of the week. Just wondering if this is a sound strategy or something that will kill my tribe.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

DeletedUser

So im requiring my tribe to have as many or more troops than the amount of points they have by the end of the week. Just wondering if this is a sound strategy or something that will kill my tribe.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

If you have to have a tribal troop requirement, there's already a problem.

The issue isn't just the number, it's the type, and how they use them.

DeletedUser

1. wrong forum.
2. They dont have that already?
3. Is this a joke?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

''by the end of the week''

Does that mean by tomorrow?

Edit: Lol 3 replies at the same time 23:37

DeletedUser

If you have to have a tribal troop requirement, there's already a problem.

The issue isn't just the number, it's the type, and how they use them.

Well its a brand new tribe so Im trying to weed out the players who dont know what they are doing. I have also requested they put down the type of troops btw.

DeletedUser

Well its a brand new tribe so Im trying to weed out the players who dont know what they are doing. I have also requested they put down the type of troops btw.

If you honestly want to make players better, you need to combine actively sitting or getting update mails, tailoring instructings, instructing with a few guides on what they should be doing in general in the forums, and promoting those who get the concepts to help guide those who are having more issues.

Believe me, I was the creator of one of the first, well-known teaching tribes (Dragon Army), though Openeye's later, solo duke'd tribe is more remembered now.

DeletedUser

Thanks in advance!!!!!

The obvious question is "or what?"

If they don't, will you help them or kick them?

My approach would be that not hitting the target despite trying would be acceptable, but refusing to try/engage in discussion isn't...

DeletedUser

Quite a lot of tribes have 'troop requirements', but this early on they're usually not based on a troop:point ratio. You should really just be emphasising that troops > points... although in fairness there is a balance required between troops, and improving your village. The only way this'll really "kill" your tribe is if players don't meet the expectations, and you kick 'em. As mark (haider mark!) so rightly questions, what will you be doing if they don't match the targets? Are you going to help 'em?

Personally I wouldn't worry about that sort of ratio at the moment. Though... I've never actually paid attention to my troop:point ratio, so I might not be the best judge on this matter. :lol:
But I don't find that sort of thing necessary.

DeletedUser1508

The best way to do something like this is to impose a troops over time ratio. This reason being that troops to points don't really work as well for someone that can keep HQ and troop queues going at the same time than for someone that can only really afford to keep troops going.

You want to promote growth in points too, as well as troops. So don't make it hard for players that grow points fast, but also keep troops going, to keep within their "troops to points" ratio. For that reason, I think that a troops over time ratio is better, and more reasonable.

DeletedUser

If I was starting a new tribe I'd tell all members to set me as account sitter.

I'd make sure any noobs get the help and advice they need but at the end of the day you can only show them the door, they have to walk through it. Try sending out guides and make sure everyone knows the different start up strategies. Make sure none of them get farmed. If they get farmed and your tribe is in the core you might as well just kick them out, hardly anyone bounces back after being wiped... except russki.

In any tribe that I was running there would be no "troop requirement" and no troop:point ratio. It's up to your members how many troops they build and if they don't build enough they get kicked.

It's also important that your members are growing in points. Sometimes you can have as many troops as you like but if your neighbours have a lvl 10 wall, a mile long production line of swords and refuse to roll over and die you're not going to be able to farm them properly. if one of your members are in that position then they really need to be building towards their workshop and building rams and if there are no farms around them there's not much point building too many troops ecxept enough to protect themselves. And then when they have rams they will build more troops.

If someone was in that position and they don't meet the "troop requirement" then they don't necessarily need to be kicked.

DeletedUser

Yeah the sitting method always seems to work for me at least although i havent attempted to really lead a tribe im months

DeletedUser2118

Troops to points doesn't matter so much. What you need to stress is continuing to make troops, stress running the barracks for a min of 12-18 hours a day and never upgrading barracks/stables that aren't run constantly.

DeletedUser

Thanks in advance!!!!!

As many troops as the amount of points? Do you not realize what you're asking of your tribemates here? This is quite silly, I must say. This does sound like a strategy, however strategies can be either good or bad, this sounds like a bad strategy. There's always the possibility of the troops revolting and going against their leader, so it is indeed a possibility, you could potentially be killing your tribe with this. You have to realize that there's only one of you and about 5000 troops in your village, sometimes more and so if you've got that many troops then you've got to find a way to keep them happy. Double their pay, do something to earn their loyalty or they will take over, it is only a matter of time, I have seen this happen all too often to presidents all over the world.