Goodbye UK6 :)

DeletedUser8468

Just wanted to pop back to say goodbye to everyone on UK6.

I quit Tribalwars completely about a month ago. Was in the middle of a small op on Lewi and AlwaysOnline, when a member of my family was rushed to hospital and I had to take some time out. During that week away, I took some time to re-assess my priorities, and the effect of spending all available time on an online browser game. I decided it was best for me, and for my family, if I quit TW for good. My life was being built around my playing time, and many areas of my life were being negatively effected as a result.

Well I've been away for a month now, and have managed to stave off the addictive itch, and have not yet scratched by playing. I'm sure it's no longer an issue to publicly state that I've left the account, as it's prob be noticed already by anyone with an interest.

I'd like to thank everyone on UK6 for making the world so much fun for me. In particular:

Tina and Ali...two amazing co players that joined me at various times. Can't say enough about these guys. Tina has been my backbone since she joined me.
Sir Fathers.....Great aggressive player and good mate. Merged to co play each other, but alas he had to leave :icon_cry:.
Nikos......My one true constant tribemate. No matter how low the tribe morale, how much we were losing, you were always sure this guy was nuking someone. Unstoppable.
Shaun/Thunderhorse....Took us in ( ~RAC~) when we were getting smashed by AKP. Will always love him for that lol. Helped save my account, and def saved our players. At the low point of THE, i always said if Shaun came back things would change rapidly and we would win the war against JBOX. Great Leader.....he's got that magic!
Richard/Speedy.....Real Gent! Incredibly nice guy, and always present to help. No matter what someone is asking for, you can be sure he's on skype trying to sort out a snipe/ressie dump/support/attack. Defination of a team player.
MoFo....another great team player, and smart player too. Would welcome him to any tribe I was ever in.
Chesty.....Sound mate. Got rimmed out beside him, surrounded by his tribe, but we always worked well together. even when attacking each other we had some great fun and laughs.
Belstars....Lee. Really nice lad, and always good to have a battle against. Smart Player.
Ratz.....Great player and would love to see him in a fully active tribe....he would be much higher ranked and much more of a threat.
Kittiwake....So much love for this girl. She done herself proud in any of her fights.
Max and Darth.... I had major issues with these guys from UK2, but decided to give them a personal clean slate, and gained a lot of respect for them both. Great Players and insanely good at ops.
Hades the Hated ( Margaret )....Had some great battles with her. Good sense of humour too, and would welcome a fight with her anyday.
Timmyhill....You gotta love timmy. Always gives fair honest posts and makes good efforts to keep the forum alive. Great player and Leader too.
Chubbs....great to see a player that I've always considered a great defender, doing so well in attacking too. Really nice guy and very easy to talk to.

I know some people might find this a bit long-winded or whatever, but I decided to do a brief summary of my time on UK6. I kinda feel I need to do it, for closure. I know I know, I've turned into a big girl, but just skip it if you have no interest.

Pre-Rimming

So had a fairly decent start up on UK6. Well for about a week lol. I joined a tribe called CROM, which had some really good players ( Arian in particular), but also had some poor players not willing to help out. I was plodding along, playing my usual full Defence startup, with about 300 LC for farming. Things were going well. Cleared some players and was soon gonna get my academy. Then out of nowhere, I suddenly got a noble train inbound at about 8 hours distance from none other than Nature's Favourite, an account that was played by some of the best players on the world ( Frank Lucas, Khan the Master etc ). I called on my tribe for help, but alas only got about 180 D troops supporting. I had a fairly decent D count myself though, and just about managed to kill his first noble, and a chunk of his nuke. I backtimed his nobles with my 300LC whilst at work, but even though I got it to land about 1.1 seconds after his troops returned, he still managed to dodge lol. I also managed to cat his smithy a bit too, but not enough to set him back too much. I waited for the train to be resent but nothing happened for a few days. About 4 days had passed now, and my troops were rebuilding nicely, but then I lost about half of them supporting my tribemate. Again I was rebuilding lol, when suddenly I got a split noble train from Fatallllll, and Nature's Favourite. I basically assumed I was royally snookered, so I waited for the train to hit next morning. I gave this train too much respect. Had I known what was in the noble train I would have at least tried to snipe it. Alas I didn't and got rimmed :icon_sad:

New Start

So got rimmed after like two weeks or something embarassing like that. I was gonna give up, but decided to give it another go. Learn from my mistakes and all that. I joined some old friends from UK2, in RAC. Went all out Offensive this time, but had some big neighbours to contend with. My main concern was Chestycles, a large player very close to me. He mailed me one day, and before I knew it we were carving up the area quite well. He set up a tribe, and suddenly I was surrouned on my East, South and North by ACES. I made a personal agreement to only noble west, and they would give me free reign to that area. Things started to go very well for me. I took out 3-4 of the largest villages in my 30 fields west distance from my main village. I was having a dream start, nice villages, nice area being carved out, and no major troop losses.

Suddenly things took another turn for the worse. My tribe RAC, signed a border agreement with KPS which prohibited nobling in K45, where my 3 new villages were and the area I was carving out. I now had no where to noble lol. Personal Agreements prevented me nobling no where but west, and tribal agreements prevented me nobling West. I threw a hissy fit, left the tribe for about 30 mins " to fight KPS solo" :lol: Was convinced to come back, and had a rethink. I decided to leapfrog out to the rim, to create new area. Got permission from ACES and set to work. I also nobled some barbs to strengthen my weak 4 villages. I farmed a lot, so this was never a problem for me nobling farms, and ACES had taken lots of barbs around my main village already so seemed logical.

Things were going well again. I was gaining some daily farming awards despite being slated for nobling farms. I didn't care, I was outfarming players that were complaining. They were doing something wrong not me. I steadily rose through the ranks, but in fairness most of it was fairly easy. I met one good player who made me work for his village, and size alone prevailed in letting me beat him. He had wicked skills.

My villages were now spread around quite messily but I was amongst friends, with ACES all around me. Sir Fathers ( Lee ), a great player from our tribe, who had been competing against me in both rank and farming, had decided he no longer had the time to play. He was leaving. I tossed the idea of co playing my account, and he agreed. It suited me perfectly, as Lee was a very aggressive player, played at nights a lot, and I was spending more time than I wished on it. When we started to merge, I was around rank 16 I think, and he was around rank 21. He had a sweet area carved out, making my account look like a tornado had hit it.

We started the large merge which took a lot of effort and nobles. I had plenty of nobles as my farming was getting more and more efficient. Think we managed to do it in 9 days which was tough.

And Onwards

As this was going one, we had a lot of ups/downs with ACES ( RAC/ACES ) which resulted in a full out war. This left me in a very bad geographical position with a lot of my villages ( almost all except Sir Fathers villages ), within 1 hour nobling distance. ACES left me alone for a while, whilst they focused on our duke's account, tess tickle. She was surrounded too, and was not getting much tribal support. I tried to distract some of their players by targetting their co - duke "the ferret" ( belstars ). I took some villages off him, and then decided to cat Hades the Hated villages, in an effort to get some of the attention off tess tickle. Alas despite giving Hades a good bloody nose, she never slowed down at all. Much credit to her lol.

After about 10 days of finishing the merge with Sir Fathers, I got a bombshell from him that he was leaving. I was gutted. All that effort and the fun we were having playing together was now gone. I was back solo playing and spending way too much time doing so.

A couple of weeks passed and I had managed to take some more villages of ACES ( AKP now ), but I knew I was only getting ready for when it was my turn for them to turn on me. Tess tickle ( our duke ) had been wiped off the map except for a couple of villlages. Tina ( tess ) being the stubborn player that she is, moved over to my account immmediatley to help with the start of my account's battle for survival.

At this time, our tribe ~RAC~ was not doing much in the war. We had a couple of players making a good effort, but most were happy to log in for an hour or two a day and let the war progress at AKP's desires. I was getting to the stage where I had a constant 5-6 sits, but could never get anyone to sit me. I was getting very angry about all of this and tired of all the effort I was being forced to do. Tina joined me at just the right time to be honest.

AKP's attacks!

I'd been under heavy fire before. I always considered myself quite decent at defending. Nothing prepared me for what came over the next 7 weeks. Tina I knew to be an awesome defender too, and had put up a stiff resistance against them already. I still figured it to be more of a delaying fight that would buy our tribe time to get off their arses and fight back. I never for a second thought I would survive more than a month tbh. The location of my villages was perfect for them.

I won't spend too much time recounting those 7 weeks, but I will just briefly say what entailed. From the start AKP came pretty hard. I had 1300 incomings almost immediately. But unlike other worlds that I had been attacked on, these attacks were all from very very close range.

We were getting about 600 attacks land every day, and about the same launched daily, so that our incomings never varied much from 1000 -1400. We tried to dodge everything, and do the usual defend against the nobles by sniping/stacking/recapping etc. I had some very stressful days at work and some very late nights/early mornings. No way I could have managed without Tina co playing. She thought me a lot at this time, about never giving in, and making them work for every village. I was getting very angry with the tribe for not helping out with sits etc ( I was still running about 6 sits at any given day ). It was very tough to be honest. Dodging about 600 attacks a day for weeks on end was stressful. We held them back a good bit but had some unavoidable losses.

We had a large op on us one day, with around 38 noble trains hitting at 23:55. Some of the nobles were nuke/nobles etc....there was bit of everything hitting. We lost 14 villages, but could have been much worse in fairness. My hopes was after this op, the attacks would die down. They didn't!

The weeks rolled on and the attacks continued. Chesty was telling me that his players were getting demoralised attacking us. I laughed saying how the hell did he think we felt. I had a chat one day with Tina on skype were we both said perhaps enough is enough.....it would never stop, and the time that it was taking to defend was causing us to want to shoot ourselves. We decided to stay for a bit longer.

I had asked AKP if they would consider a surrender on conditons that we could merge about 12 of our players into AKP. I refused to leave without the guys who were making efforts for RAC tribe. He came back with a yes, but Tina knocked some sense into me. She said she would not surrender. I'm not proud of my moment of weakness, but in fairness there was no chance of me leaving without my solid members.

RK

Tina had been working on a merge with RK, which I had very little to do with. Next thing I know, the day of the large op on us, RAC merged into RK. This showed me the type of player Thunderhorse was. By the end of the day RK had lost 14 villages to AKP from our account, but that didn't matter to him. He wanted us over asap. The next day he organised large scale tribal support for some of our most vulnerable villages. This freed up some much needed troops and comfort zones for us. I won't ever forget the help/kindness the guys in RK showed to us.

The attacks continued for a few weeks more, but were not of the same strength as they were before. Now RK tribe was hitting back, creating the help we really needed. They wiped some players from the map. The war was going in our favour for a change.

In RK I found the true tribal wars mentality that was lacking in RAC in it's later days. Everyone was willing to help, and were active in attacking. The tribe had a great attitude and mentality.

JBOX

Well when JBOX finally declared war on AKP, that left us in an unusual spot. Continue our war with AKP ourselves, and try to eat as many villages, before JBOX got all of them, or declare on JBOX. If we continued our AKP war, JBOX would be likely unstoppable when AKP were gone. We would be next. I think we made the right decision to be honest, but it was not taken lightly by anyone.

So peace was signed with AKP and JBOX were our new enemies. I was now surrounded by allies and tribes again :lol:

I eventually got gifted a frontline cluster by AKP, taking 20 villages in nightbonus and creating a lovely new cluster with a sea of read in front. It was getting harder and harder for me now though to find time to put in to do large scale ops. I danced a bit with JBOX but nothing to be too proud of. When I left I had 140 nobles but never enough time to do much with them. An op usually took me two solid days of launches, which was slowly making my frontline cluster bigger, but at a slow pace.

That's my own personal history of my time on UK6. I hope no one got too bored in reading it :lol:

It's been a great world, with a lot of ups and downs for me, but I've met some quality people here. Best of luck to everyone here, and remember it's a game....have a a blast playing it, and try not to take it too seriously.

Keep well

Henry

DeletedUser

Henry, I enjoyed the read, thank you for that. Also you will be greatly missed to no end. You truely are one of the best players i have ever met.

Thanks for the nice comment. You aswell are now and always will be welcome in any tribe i am part of.

Hope family is well and so is life. Hopefully ill see ya down the road.

Take care.

DeletedUser

Now THAT! is a goodbye post! Excellent read Arch and it's a shame to see you leave the game and forums! Hope life is treating you well outside TW....I tried quitting once.....lasted about 4 minutes :icon_rolleyes:.

DeletedUser

Henry it has been a pleasure playing with you and I thank you for the time and commitment you showed towards RK. I must say I learned a great deal extra from just the short time playing with you.

Its a sad day to lose a very active player, thankfully I hope your old co-player from w2 will be able to keep things ship tight with your present co-players.

Good luck in the future and don't hesitate to contact me on skype for a chat sometime.

DeletedUser

Hey Henry, good luck in RL, its always a shame to lose a good enemy :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Hey Henry, good luck in RL, its always a shame to lose a good enemy :icon_biggrin:

Its ok Chubbs, the player coming on is his old co from w2, so you'll have just as much fun :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

God Read, Pity to see another good player leave and yet another big account set to flat-line no doubt :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

God Read, Pity to see another good player leave and yet another big account set to flat-line no doubt :icon_cry:

You'd love that, but we got players lining up for accounts now, certain founder has some nice friends it turns out all chomping at the bit :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

We at RK like to keep things fresh...:icon_razz:

How fresh? Minty Fresh? If sooooo send the invite I'll freshen things up more :lol:

Ooohh I hear JBox might disband over the thought of W1 players joining RK in this freshening up of the roster....:icon_rolleyes:

Feeling the pressure Timmy? :icon_eek::lol:

DeletedUser

They should, considering the trouble they have had with the old roster. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

They should, considering the trouble they have had with the old roster. :icon_rolleyes:

Your right - its been such a trouble holding onto top spot. How will we cope with these new players :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Your right - its been such a trouble holding onto top spot. How will we cope with these new players :icon_rolleyes:

Want to merge another tribe? - guarantee you to hold the rank 1 for sure then :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Soz we only take in the best......:icon_rolleyes:

If you only take the best, I think anyone could quailify when you have members sending trains like this (not the only example).

(615|489) ash21 on 30.06. at 16:33:23:043
(615|489) ash21 on 30.06. at 16:33:23:811
(615|489) ash21 on 30.06. at 16:33:24:761
(615|489) ash21 on 30.06. at 16:33:26:001
(615|489) ash21 on 30.06. at 16:33:43:056

I'm sure a 20 second train is possible by a good majority of people. :icon_rolleyes: