Graphic packages: A full list + tutorial

DeletedUser

Note that there can be some translation mistakes/typo's. If you find one, please contact me at PM.
Pictures are also in Dutch. This would be changed later.

Graphic Packages: Creation and Installation

Graphic packages are graphic modifications in game, they do not change the gameplay or in the element positioning. They can change the lay-out. If it is the map, the cityview or just the lay-out, everything is possible. To install a graphic package, you need a premium account.

Make your own graphic package
To make graphic packages, yyou can start with the standard package. You can download it here (4,7 MB - .zip). If you unpackage this (for example with this programme) to a new dossier, then we have a base. For example you set it in C:\yourpackagename\.

In base of this project we have now a structure, filename and the images. Everything what we have to do now is change the images or change to your own version. Once you have all of some images wich you wanted to change changed, you can go to the next step...

Local testing of the packages
Some browsers allow to refer to local files. For so far I know, this is only possible with Internet explorer and Firefox.

Internet explorer
Go to "extra" and choose "internetoptions". Click on the tab "security" and choose the green finch with the name "trusted websites". Then click on "websites". Be sure that the button "Serververification" is disfinched. Now add this website:
http://ukx.tribalwars.co.uk
Where x the number is of the word you want to test the package.

FireFox
To change the settings in Firefox, you have to change the policy. Here it is important you shut down Firefox completely. Copy these instructions to your notepad and shut down Firefox before you start with the intructions!

Now you've to search for the installationfolder of Firefox. Mostly is this C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3.5 Beta4\ or C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\, but this is dependent on your computersettings. if you are in this folder, we'll go to the next step...

Open the greprefs folder and search to all.js. Click now with your rigt mousebutton on this file and schoose "Open with". Select in the list a program something like notepad, notepad++,...

Now scroll to the bottom of the file and add this text:
pref("capability.policy.policynames", "localfilelinks");
pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.sites", "http://ukx.tribalwars.co.uk");
pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.checkloadur i.enabled", "allAccess");
Where x the number is of the word you want to test the package. Save the file and close it. If you are a Vista user, you should do these things as 'administrator'.

Using the local files
Now you can link normal in your browser. Do this by add this text instead of the internetadress:
file:///location
Where "location" the dossier is where the files are. For example this can be:
file:///C:/tribalwars/graphic/
file:///C:/tribalwars/graphic/steamme.css
naamloos2p.png

Installing and using graphic packages
The best method to use graphic packages, is to upload them to external servers.You can use many free hosts but I and the community of the Netherlands are willing to store this on our servers. (These servers are owned by Innogames). Free hosts shall delete the files in the future, but the Dutch community and Innogames garant a permanent storage.

When you have a good package, it can be storaged at the server of Tribalwars (if you agree of course!) So, you need nothing. You just have to send a message to me, so I can place it on the downloadpage of the community. I also put it in this topic.

Now you can set your package:

1. Click on settings
2. Click also on settings on the left
3. Fill in the url to the graphic images (some packages don't have this!)
4. Fill in the url to the .scc file
5. Click on OK. The package would be used now

What you can't edit
Some things aren't editable at a graphic package. I'll say these items, so you haven't to search for hours:
  • The pop-up menu's like groops, attacks, ... This lay-out isn't editable
  • The map had coordinates on the left and at the bottom. The background and the coordinates ale sticked in the html, and are not editable.
  • If you go over a village, you get a tooltip with the last attack in it. This attack has always the same coloured dot and max_loot. These aren't even editable.
  • At the map, on the bottem of the page, the markers and the pop-up settings, aren't editable.

First help at mistakes

Q: Help, I get a blank page and all of my images are gone!
A: The link you inserted is wrong, or removed from the external server. Go to "settings -> settings" and delete the links., and press OK. Now you get back the standard lay-out of Tribalwars.

Q: I don't even want to use a package. How can I get back the old package?
A: Read previous answer...

Q: I can't find, where i can set the package?
A: The first question is: "Do I have a Premium account?" Grapic packages are only usable for Premium users. If you have a premium account, you can use the manual above.

Q: My images ale all at the wrong place! What's happened?
A: Your package has been made for a version you haven't selected. If the package has made for 4.x, you don't have to forget finch on the option "graphic package based on tribalwars version 4.x". If you switch back to version 5.x or the standardversion, you have finch off the option! If this wouldn't help, use the supportsystem.
------------------------------------------------------------
Another tutorial: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=150795
------------------------------------------------------------
This tutorial is translated from Dutch. Some mistakes are be possible ;)
Original writer: (c) Masterslayer
Translation: (c) Robbertje
For questions we're enabled to help you at the chat (same names at there)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Graphic packages
Here a list with made packages and their owner:

Send me a PM, or contact me at the chat to add your package here...

Other packages
Other packages are on the Dutch forum.
Klick on the link to look to these packages.
http://forum.tribalwars.nl/showthread.php?t=38835

DeletedUser

There are a lot of grammar and vocabulary errors in this translation, try to fix them. As soon as tribalwars.nl graphic contest has ended I'll place a full downloadlist in this community okay? If you look closefully in the graphic forum there already exists a topic which links to the .net tutorial and the Dutch basic pack.

DeletedUser

Anyone able to do any of the following

Pokemon
Scream
Call of Duty