Hanging Up The Pink Fluffy Bunny Slippers

DeletedUser

Hello everyone.

I've always hoped that this day would come when I was one step ahead of the game, but alas, events dictate that I am one step behind.

I'm afraid my time has come to quit Tribal Wars.

Those of you who know me closest will know that I am a reluctant leader who often stated that he hoped to step down. Despite this, whilst my tribe still needed me, I saw it as my duty to serve them - they put trust in me, and I do my best by them. However, my desire to step has recently become a necessity.

Two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with manic depression and the early stages of schizophrenia.

This, in itself, is not the issue - I had a co-player and two co-Dukes, and I've managed to survive for 23 years hotly debating topics to myself and generally being a mardy sod. That said, I have been given some medication which is absolutely horrendous - I cannot possibly describe all of its effects (which I'm told will subside balance of chemicals in my brain is used to it) but right now I am rash and unbalanced, I talk far too fast for the thick accents of North East Derbyshire to be comprehendible in, I sleep for around 3 hours a night and yet I'm full of energy, and yet I suffer from abhorent cramp and a permanent feel of being hung-over.

The worst of all though is the wildly fluctuating moods. Usually, I'd like to think I'm unflappable and indifferent to most things, but recently I have not been myself, and it is getting very worrying.

Take, for example, one of my PA's, Gypsyvixcent, leaving for Che!!!. Most people may be marginally upset but realise that it changes very little between our friendship. My reaction was to curl up and cry to myself on the bathroom floor.

I knew this was not a normal response, and prehaps should have taken some time out. However, at the time we had some ongoing qualms with LRAG, and with me being a bit of a control freak (what?? My Mum's German . . . and my Dad's Singaporean - an odd combination, but a combination nonetheless) and . . . ur, where was I? Oh yeah, so we had a bit of a squabble with LRAG, which soon developed into a full-blown war.

It had the potential to be a nice little war, and yet whilst I had the tribes tactics and target sorted out, I simply failed to put them into place for no other reason than that I just was not enthused - not a quality for a Duke to ever display, and had the war continued, -ODA- would have suffered because of this.

With the W1N-Che!!! merge, both myself and FatTaff agreed that weakening ouselves against each other was an ill-advised move in a notably more hostile world and, whilst agreeing to a peace, agreed to merge both LRAG and -ODA- together to become a new powerful rim family tribe.

Herein lied my salvation, a tribe ran by FatTaff and Irjoney, allowing me to protect -ODA- one last time, say my goodbyes, and offer my villages to be internalled.

So desperate was I to get this move done that I did not consult the tribes council, expecting them to put blind faith in me - -ODA- are justly proud of their tribe, and presenting the proposal to the tribe would have resulted in a delay, when I was absolutely desperate to leave.

Yesterday evening, the merge was to go ahead, and whilst most went to join LRAG, -ODA- 's top 10 left to join Flux, and later more have followed.

I have ruined -ODA- through my own reasons for wanting to leave, and whilst I do not ask for forgiveness, I ask for their understanding.

I do not believe that I have left much of a legacy for the ammount of hours I have put into Tribal Wars, but at all times I have done my best, and I have no regrets. I have made so many great friends here, and I cannot express how much I will miss you all, especially the old Avaz crew (who will be back with me on W5)

All the best,

Kilroy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey man, knew the day would come sooner or later, and to be honest, i was dreading every moment, the moment of truth came and competely understand what's happening, as you know i'm not one for speeches, expect in a rage mood, i'll really miss you man and i hope we keep in touch, goodbye and goodluck in life, and i'll miss you (sniff) :/ xxx

DeletedUser7010

dont really know you but have a son with mental health condition and i wish you all the best and good luck in the future

DeletedUser6158

I'm sorry to hear about that Kilroy, i've been treat for depression in the past and i do hope you can overcome it.

Our in game chats have always been fun and eventful. Hopefully one day you will be back on here but all the best for the future if not.

DeletedUser

My best of luck for whatever you do next in real life <3

You're a great guy Kilroy, and s
hall be missed on UK1, i'm sure.

Just one t
hing...
[...] I will miss you all, especially the old Avaz crew (who will be back with me on W5)[...]
So, will you be returning in future worlds, or quitting fully? /just curious

As I said, best of luck for t
he future regardless ^^

YGP <3

DeletedUser

I have just seen this and I am appalled. I have not known you for long, and for part of that time we have been enjoying a good entertaining conflict. But I do know that in the last few days I have encountered a wisdom and intellect which I have enjoyed and respected, both hugely.

I very much hope you decide you might still have something to offer UK1 - If it is with your old and new friends in the new union we have created, then that would please me very much.

If not, then we shall be the poorer without you.

FatTaff

DeletedUser

My respects, and all of that of the old K-born. Including Jojo. You were an awesome leader and did some great things.

More importantly, you seemed like an awesome guy.

DeletedUser7168

Never spoke to you before dude but wish you all the best for future RL

Booner

LRAG

DeletedUser

I don't know you, but the way you have written this piece of work compels me to say something.

Ive seen you posting, and always enjoy reading what you've got to say.

Good luck buddy.

DeletedUser

Good luck

Kilroy,

You have done well for all the tribes you have been in and always had everyones interests at heart. I am sorry I left at Christmas and not giving you any support, what kind of friend am I, but Im always here for a chat.

regards

Me

DeletedUser

so sorry to here that mate you will be missed and i cvant wait to work with you again in w5.
im sure that no one will blame you i certainly dont

DeletedUser6190

Absolutely gutted mate, as you should know you are admired from near and far, i hear what your saying though and completely understand your reasons for wanting out. I say that in no way what has happened in the last 48 hrs has changed my mind about your undoubted ability to run a tribe in a correct gentlemanly way that made the game fun and endeared you to all of your servants, it is a brave man who never admits to an error in judgement and you have showed once again by your thoughtfull piece about the reality of our last hours together honesty.
I will miss, no, WE all will miss your humour and dependability on W1.
All the very very best with your health issues and remember the good times with pride

Cams

DeletedUser2918

Sorry to see you go Kilroy. You are clearly making the right decision for reasons that by far outweigh the importance of this game.

I hope to see you in future worlds when everything is sorted out. and maybe next time we'll be on the same side :icon_wink:

till then. good health and good luck.

DeletedUser

World One is losing both a good player and a good Leader. I sincerely hope at some stage you will return. Please visit the forums and enlighten us in future :)

Gavin

DeletedUser3063

all i can say is you are a "legend" kilroy buddy. you always put a 200% into the tribe. you will be dearly missed m8. :(

DeletedUser2961

Take, for example, one of my PA's, Gypsyvixcent, leaving for Che!!!. Most people may be marginally upset but realise that it changes very little between our friendship. My reaction was to curl up and cry to myself on the bathroom floor.

Kilroy, Im so sorry. I would not want to hurt you for the world. I spend every day chatting to you, and Im asking you, as I have been doing all day, please please reconsider. Take a break for a week or two. Walk away from it, halve your villages, but your enthusiasm, wit and energy will be sorely missed by W1. :icon_cry:

x x x

DeletedUser7193

NOOOOOOO!

I may not intily agree with your choice but i will miss you i do hope u come back iff you do search me up i myself might of quit i do not know

I will mis you alot infact i will miss all of oda in better times this might not have happend but it did so we will go on we will all ways respect you Kilroy

All the best in life :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

The Boss

Well Kilroy,

I and i must say most of the "old avaz crew" will want to thank you for all the tireless and hard work you put in on all our behalfs since, well the old manic days,

RL and personal health comes first, foremost and forever and while alot of people will be sad to see you go, you have left a legacy that will long go down in the annuls of TW history,

For those of you that dont know Kilroy, he has worked for us day and night, always been there to offer support and guidance to any and all and helped keep different tribes afloat despite overwhelming odds against the different tribes at times,

I'm going to miss you and the slippers buddy and can't wait for w5 till we all get together again and have a chilled out time,

See you on the flip side chief of the clan,

Davie.