Happy St. Geoeges Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi guys.

To help distract the flamers on this world, id like to wish everyone a happy St. Georges Day.

For those who dont know about him, hes the Patrol Saint of England and many other countries.

Here is his history on Wikipedia.

Saint George (ca. 275/281 – 23 April 303) was, according to tradition, a Roman soldier and priest in the Guard of Diocletian, who is venerated as a Christian martyr. In hagiography Saint George is one of the most venerated saints in the Roman Catholic Church, Anglican Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, Oriental Orthodox Church, and the Eastern Catholic Churches. He is immortalized in the tale of Saint George and the Dragon and is one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers. His memorial is celebrated on 23 April, and he is regarded as one of the most prominent military saints.

Saint George is the patron saint of Aragon, Catalonia, England, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, and Russia, as well as the cities of Amersfoort, Beirut, Fakiha, Bteghrine, Cáceres (Spain), Ferrara, Freiburg, Genoa, Ljubljana, Milan, Pomorie, Preston, Salford, Qormi, Rio de Janeiro, Lod, Barcelona, Moscow and the Maltese island of Gozo, as well as a wide range of professions, organizations, and disease sufferers.

images

images

Parties are being held all over England and the world as we speak, and i know ill certainly have a few beers tonight. :)

So from everyone in Virtus, have a great St. Georges Day and dont drink too much tonight. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser3227

i have never heard of saint goerge day, but ill have a beer too lmao. hope all have a good day.

DeletedUser

Happy St.Georges day! (even though the dude was Turkish! Lol)

DeletedUser

Pity you don't get a day off in order to get as drunk as a skunk like us Irish, eh?:icon_razz:

Happy St Georges (or is it Geoeges:icon_wink:?) day to the English players.

DeletedUser

Any day is a good day to get drunk, moreso today & then my birthday on the 28th! Woo Hoo!!! ;P

DeletedUser

I've got my george cross flag flying proudly. Beer and party time.

DeletedUser

As an atheist, I'd like to wish all my English counterparts a Happy St George's day - a celebration of a man who killed a mythical creature.

And before anyone claims that they did exist, it's well documented that irreputable evidence has never been found. Like God - no evidence.

Come to think of it, there's no evidence that Jaigosian actually exists.

:icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4312

Thread now closed as it is no longer St Georges day.
Kind regards,
Kath jackson,
Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.