Help

DeletedUser

When playing any game, whether it be computer-based, cricket, tennis, pool or snooker, or whatever, it is fundamental to have a proper grasp of the rules by which the game is played. By "rules" I don't mean the same thing as are stated in the rules for this game; they are more concerned with setting rules for proper behaviour in a browser-based environment. I mean the full set of parameters by which we play the game. Clicking on help in-game is a start but it doesn't go anywhere near far enough. I want to know everyting about the game and I want it all in one place. I shouldn't have to go off searching to find, for example, that swords are stronger (25 v cav) on my world (UK17) than stated in the help pages (15 v cav). It is not just world-specific information I mean; we should have a comprehensive official rule-book we can refer to as in, say, cricket or rugby or football or... whatever. I don't want to have to ask specific questions on a forum - and more than likely be treated like an idiot with smart-arse replies from more experienced gamers. What is the effect of researching swords to level 5? Do I get resources back when I decommission spears? So many questions, so many answers (probably) in so many hard-to-find places. Let's have a proper official "handbook" with *all* of the rules please. If it exists already it is too hard to find.

DeletedUser

So you want a Tutorial about the whole game which also shows the different aspects of each world? That will take quite some time.^^

DeletedUser

You mean, write more articles into the DS-Wiki or explain everything more transparent in the current ones.

Just to answer those questions, because I am not sure if you only took a few examples or really want to know that:
that swords are stronger (25 v cav) on my world (UK17) than stated in the help pages (15 v cav).

You can check that in the barracks and in the smithy. Just click on the unit and it will show you the att/deff-power against each unit on every level-up.

What is the effect of researching swords to level 5? Do I get resources back when I decommission spears?

They are getting stronger every level-up. If you want to know about how strong they get, read the answer above. No, you don't get any ressources back.

So many questions, so many answers (probably) in so many hard-to-find places. Let's have a proper official "handbook" with *all* of the rules please. If it exists already it is too hard to find.

It will be very time-consuming to keep track of every single change in each new world. A good way to get known to them are the world settings. If there's still something unclear, then either you can test or calculate (e. g. Speed 2, 2 x 2400 (Speed 1, readable in DS-Wiki) = 4800 ress each hour on max level) it yourself or ask in the forums.

A possibility to help you: People keep asking in the forums and if it's necessary, add them to DS-Wiki.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

d1 smells a new project

tw handbook :eek:

see you in a year

DeletedUser

Haha, that's exactly what I thought. xD
I wish you a lot of fun.

DeletedUser4753

d1 has lots of time and a uber work ethic, ur project dont stand a chance :D