Historical Conquest: Feudal Europe

DeletedUser613

@ ristow , need to ask you some stuffs .,..
u have fishing boats, who does the fishing ? surely fishermen ? why dont u pay these people ?
some one is building walls/barracks. u dont need to pay these people ?
u got trade ships, u dont need to pay these mariners/traders ?

@rizzler:
you don't pay the blacksmith? neither do you need to pay the construction workers making castle for you ?

i just don't get it in here. the GM says to include taxes+ wages and stuffs, i use my entire treasury to pay off wages .. whats wrong ??

why would I pay the blacksmith a wage? Whenever I buy stuff from the blacksmith I pay full price
The contruction workers wage will come out of the cost and Ive got criminals too.

You dont need to pay the fisherman, you buy fish from him in the market if needed. Unless your going communist of course

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@ ristow , need to ask you some stuffs .,..
u have fishing boats, who does the fishing ? surely fishermen ? why dont u pay these people ?
some one is building walls/barracks. u dont need to pay these people ?
u got trade ships, u dont need to pay these mariners/traders ?

@rizzler:
you don't pay the blacksmith? neither do you need to pay the construction workers making castle for you ?

i just don't get it in here. the GM says to include taxes+ wages and stuffs, i use my entire treasury to pay off wages .. whats wrong ??

Your problem is you're employing far too many people. Take a look at how many people the other players are paying and then how many you are.

DeletedUser

"Your problem is you're employing far too many people. Take a look at how many people the other players are paying and then how many you are."
thanks. i was under the impression that a strong economy would drive the country, but meh.... thanks for the advice.

DeletedUser

thanks. i was under the impression that a strong economy would drive the country, but meh.... thanks for the advice.

You're more likely to have a strong economy by NOT employing people. They have their own businesses and trade and by employing them you are taking on the expense yourself when they were coping beforehand.

Average income will go up if you just make it easier for the people to make more money; it's not going to go up if you're paying them all.

DeletedUser

thanks, hopefully my scouts find something interesting this turn.

DeletedUser

Dan - South Czech Kingdom - Turn #3
Population: 2,550
Criminals: 110
Cities: 2
Villages: 3

Average Income: 9 Florins.
Money: 2100 florins. (roughly) Taxes plus the other stuff.
Spent: 2164 (borrow 64F from somewhere, we will pay back 80 next year?)
Leftovers: -64F.
Income last year from tax: 2027.
Wages: 664
Overseers: Noth and Luca = 25 Florins each. = 50 Florins
5 personal serfs = 5 Florins each = 25 Florins
7 men for outposts = 7 Florins each = 49 Florins
49 Royal Army = 10 Florins each = 490 Florins
5 Bow makers = 10 F each = 50 F.

Tax = 1 Florin, 1.5 to people who earn 11Florins and more.

izc5k6.png

Laws:
- All land in the belongs ultimately to the King – me. However, under his control are Noth and Luca. The two Lords of East Czech (Luca) and West Czech (Noth). The King may sell & lease it as he pleases but in return the person must pay tax and swear an oath to the King. The land may be confiscated if person is found guilty in treason, having committed a serious crime or in debt to the crown.
- Refusing to produce tax money for no reason is punishable by a fine of 25 florins.
- Refusing to produce tax money due to unemployment is punishable by work in the silver mines.
- Murder, stealing and adultery are all illegal and punishable by a fine of 20 florins and work in the clay mines.
- The main religion is Catholic however other religions are allowed to be practiced apart from witchcraft.
- Protests aren’t allowed. You have to request an audience with your appropriate Lord.
- The King is within his right to oversee any appointment to office or position with legal power and change it if he so wills.
- All armies are an extension of the king and will take an oath to defend the Kingdom in the name of the King.
- Minimum wage is 3 Florins.
- Prostitutes must be registered and pay a fee of 5 Florins.

Cities:
Sulare - Capital (On Noth side)
Population: 990
[Blacksmith]
[Bakery]
[Personal manor]
[Marketplace(forum)]
[Apothecary]
[3x Academy]
[2x Lumberjacks]
[4x Farms]
[Barracks]

Amaan Sul – 2nd City.
Population: 500
[Blacksmith]
[Bakery]
[Marketplace(forum)]
[Apothecary]
[2x Academy]
[2x Lumberjacks]
[4x Farms]

Village: Valerica (Vill2) - Clay Mining Village
Population: 200

Village: Talina (Vill3) - Trade Village/Travelling Stop
Population: 150

Actions: 1500F

Slight change being done. Apparently Radarr changed places into set cities where people could only do the designated things as well as the needed things; I do not think this is good for the city and so I will advertise setting up business in these areas again giving 15 florins to new businesses that set up and work well for 16 months, showing that they are going to continue to progress, abusing this system will be punished by arrest and you will do what will be said this year. 20F. (Subsidises not included in this money, will be put in next year).

As the country progresses and the average wage increases, increase tax to 1.5F (a small increase) to everyone who earns 11F or more.

Slave stuff:

To get the people we arrested helping the country, not just sitting there, we will get them to do some of the mining jobs that require hard work. This will show people not to mis-behave or they will end up in a horrible place being forced to work. The “slaves” as I will call them will have to mine, whilst being watched by guards to prevent them all from escaping, they will be chained to posts around the camp held securely down with enough length for them to mine for the day and not need to move the post. If anything happens, they guards should try and catch the criminal, not kill him, but if they deem it necessary, have the authority to kill. Each mine should be watched over by a trusted man; he will make sure everything runs smoothly, and that the mines are operated well and if a killing has happened, is to report to me at the end of the month with a report on the killing(s) and why it was deemed necessary. These people will not be paid but will be fed and given accommodation as mentioned below. Only people serving 3 years+ in prison should do this, the others should be in prison, not here. 30 florins (only paying for the posts....?)

Make some cheap accommodation out of stone for the slaves, it should house them and be secure against escape, built much like prisons. Guards should watch over it at night, patrolling the corridors to make sure nothing wrong is happening. 300 florins.

Foreign stuff.

Ask the Northern Country if they would like to make some trade agreements, we would like some iron from them and would like to ask them if there is anything they’d like in return.

Ask neighbouring countries if they are willing to sell us any iron swords, elm/yew bows, shields (maybe Roman style Scutums), and arrows to go with the bows as well as armour. We will negotiate prices with them if they have any.

Independent Company actions:

Ask companies to employ more people in return for tax breaks. We will be willing to do this if it will help the people and get them more jobs. We will also offer some companies 20 florins if they manage to employ say 40 extra people and make no cuts for this year, this is just as a little reward for their hard work, tell them there will be larger rewards to come. 150 florins.

Get five people training to make bows and arrows for the army, as the years go they should get better at making them to be able to make good quality ones. We want this as a private business; they can sell to whomever they want and employ more people if needed, we will merely give them a starting fee of 100 florins to start up this business. We will put in an order for 30 bows and 400 arrows, we want this year for training and for next year to give us the finished products where they may be able to use some of the metals we mine for the tips. We will pay them for these bow and arrows. We don’t want them making anything for anyone else until year three; we will pay for them to train up, giving them enough but not too much, maybe above the average salary, so 10 florins. 100 florins.

Minerals/Metals/Weapons, Armour creating:

Search the country for minerals, we will be looking for iron mainly but we want to search for everything, gold, silver, tin, copper, iron, coal etc. 50 f.

Inns & Prostitutes:

Make some better inns. These will be high quality and will be for the merchants etc and so will be in the villages/towns by the ports and in the large cities. They will be advertised and will perhaps make us a decent income. 350 florins.

Get some guards to go to the not so good inns and look for prostitutes, they will be disguised as travellers and will look for them this way, and will not down who is one, as well as thieves etc, they will do this, then at the end of the day, ask to see the prositute permit, if they don't show one, arrest them and bring them to the company to stop illegal prostitution.

Enforce the prostitution law, we ask the people in the villages that if they report a prostitute which has been confirmed to be one, they will be given a reward of 5 florins per prostitute. This will be easier than getting the guards going through everywhere as the locals would know who sells their bodies. If a person has been reported, they will be monitored by a group by the name of Hidden Overlooking Entities, otherwise known as Hoes The Royal Tax Collecting Company from Prostitutes. They will watch the people in their day, watching from the shadows, and if they see them selling their body, will report back to the higher-ups in the company who will report to me at the end of each month. These people will also go to the prostitutes and bring them in to the main building for this company where they will be charged 25 florins, if they repeat the offense without a permit to be a hoe; they will have to pay double the next time and the next time etc if they have been caught. Try and privatise this company after creating it, selling is for 300 F. The money is in catching the prostitutes, for every one they catch, they get 25F, 15 of which they keep, 5 of which going to the King, five going to the person who alerted them, if they found the people on their own in this company, they will get 20F of the profit. If the King finds that people are taking the licenses just to make money, then we will be very severe with our punishment to this. To make this all: 400 florins.

Army:

Pay to get more equipment for the barracks and men training. 100 florins.

Train the Army to work together doing team building exercises. They will all have to do this one test of friendship though, one person will stand behind another, the one in front will fall back and the one behind will catch him, this will show the men they can trust each other. Do an example beforehand with the leader of the exercises and another person to show how it is done to avoid confusion.

DeletedUser

Pff

Have one of my Knight of the Dawn that seemed to be good on the battlefied battle him. Give him a chainmail and let him pick his weapons as he wants.

Your Knight wins; the man joins your ranks.

You meanwhile take the city without a fight.

DeletedUser

The Crown of Aragon - Turn 3 - Fox
Total Population: 1,780
Criminals Total: 71(Arrested)
Royal Treasury: 5140
Wages last year: 2154
Tax rate: 4
Average income: 15 florins
aragon2.png
The%20Crown%20of%20Aragon%20Total%20Population:%201,600%20Royal%20Treasury:%203,600%20florins%20%20Cities:%20Zaragoza%20-%20Capital%20Population:%20600%20%5BBlacksmith%5D%20%5BBakeries%20x2%5D%20%5BPersonal%20manor%5D%20%5BMarketplace%28forum%29%5D%20______________________%20Towns%20
Cities:
Zaragoza - Capital
Population: 400
<50 militia>
[Blacksmith]
[Bakeries x2]
[Personal manor]
[Marketplace(forum)]
[Majestic stone bank]
[School]
[Large barracks]
[Knight of the Dawn HQ]
[Orphanage]
[Bakeries x2]
[Town Hall]
[Marketplace(outdoors)]
[Large port]

Town: Valencia

Population: 225
<30 militia>
[Bakeries x2]
[Town Hall]
[Marketplace(outdoors)]
[Medium port]

Town 3
Population: 150
<25 militia>
[Bakeries x2]
[Town Hall]
[Marketplace(outdoors)]

Town 4
Population: 140
<25 militia>
[Bakeries x2]
[Town Hall]
[Marketplace(outdoors)]
[Port]
[Roads to city & towns]
Since a lot of food is necessary to upkeep a city & towns, we need some good farming income, that's why I'll assume 345 people are farmers outside the direct influence of cities, towns & village. With big farms.
Items possessed:
99 Standard Iron Swords
293 Iron spears
200 Yew Longbows
600 Flint arrows

30 wooden wagons

1 Good iron chainmail
100 chainmail
183 leather body armour
195 wooden rectangular shields

100 Bodkin arrows
160 fire arrows

10 Large Fishing boats
15 Large trade ships

30 Spanish stallions

Specialized people:
7 Emissaries
30 Warriors
3 Viceroys
60 farmers for crown
50 miners + 25 criminals
165 militia

Domestic Actions:

Kingdom affecting actions:
We will start a big project in the name of building quality stone roads to connect all our cities & town as well as the quarry since transport is one of the most important parts of infrastructure and this would also allow trade to be done much faster. Since I'm lazy I'll just post this picture to illustrate what I want. 700 florins. [ETA 3]

Spread the word around that the Crown of Aragon is looking for brave & skilled warriors to join an elite military sect focused towards war, glory & fame. Joining it will grant you the full protection of Crown of Aragon and also a high class pay of 17 florins for initiates, Knights get even a higher pay. Equipment shall be procured by the crown as will food & housing.

Actions pertaining to the Royalty and its properties:
Start construction of the stone wall, it should be 6 meters tall and wide enough to have men be able to stand on it quite loosely and pass each other. 1200 florins.(sending a pic of it's area of coverage in Skype) [ETA 2]

Military:
Replace the lost militiamen by training new ones (20 total)

Replace lost warriors to 60 men strong.

Foreign Relations:
See if we can purchase another 30 stallions from Portugal = 210 florins.

End report:

Total population 1460
Non-tax payers: 175
People on the crown's payroll(exempt from taxes):
60 warriors - 8 florins each (480 total) - free housing, food & basically no work.
3 viceroys - 50 florins each (150 total)
50 quarry workers - 10 florins each (500 total)
60 farmers - 11 florins each (660 total) - Some free food.
7 emissaries - 17 florins each (119)
165 militia - 2 florins each (330) - Still pay tax!
15 watchmen - 5 florins each (75)
11 Knight of the Dawn Initiates - 17 florins each (187)
Some random veteran warrior - ? florins (??)
3 Orphanage caretakers - 9 florins each ( 27)

Florins spent this year(non-wages):
Florins left: Things to remember:
Laws:
All land in the Crown of Aragon belongs ultimately to the King; he may sell & lease it as he pleases and in return the person must pay tax or the sum needed for buying it. The land may be confiscated if person is found guilty in treason, having commited a serious crime or in debt to the crown.
Thieving is punishable by chopping off a hand, hanging or sent off to work in a mine.
Murder is punishable by hanging or sent off to a mine.
Prostitution is legal.
Stealing from and the murder of the royalty is on the spot execution or public hanging.
The religion of our areas is Catholic.
Public protests aren't allowed - to express desire in seeing a change request an audience with the local leader, if there are complications there, further audience may be requested in the form of King.
The King is within his right to oversee any appointment to office or position with legal power and change it if he so wills.
All armies are an extension of the king and will take an oath to defend the Kingdom in the name of the King.

Local Militias:
City - Zaragoza: 50 men, regular weekly training in bowshooting and spear handling.
Town - Barcelona: 35 men, regular weekly training in bowshooting and spear handling.
Town - Valencia: 30 men, regular weekly training in bowshooting and spear handling.
Town 3: 25 men, regular weekly training in bowshooting and spear handling.
Town 4: 25 men, regular weekly training in bowshooting and spear handling.

School in Zaragoza, 3 florins a year, curriculum: math, music, reading & writing and some history(major events and history of our country). There shall also be elective classes of philosophy, literature and astronomy. The school will also have some physical excercises to help keep students fit and promote physical health overall.

Royal farms that span the area between Zaragoza and Town 3 and the area near the river of Zaragoza.

Men are trained to use their shield as offensive weapon.

Wooden bridge connecting Zaragoa & Town 4 + another one at the point there is already one drawn on map.

DeletedUser

Like wtf is this ^?

Multiple days late and wrong turn
Your point?

There has been no statement when the big post will be and I was not aware I had to reach some kinda standards of expectations with my turn regarding you.

In fact - I believe Olly will like this turn of mine the best throughout the entire game.

DeletedUser

I want to play and when you take forever to take a turn it slows the game down making it less fun for everyone else involved. Thats my point.

He was waiting on you the sooner you turned it in the sooner the post. Thus you delay the game.