Honouring the good, the brave, the fallen, the fun, and the sporting

DeletedUser5171

This is a thread to honor and congratulate other players for good skills and for sporting like behaviour.

This is an effort to try and encourage more sporting behaviour and more of a feel good factor in the community. It is to recognise those individuals who try and those who make the game better for others in a number of ways - both in skill and in their behaviour and attitude in game.

I'm hoping that a few people will see the value in this, and support the idea. Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but it's worth a shot at least!

This is for all the people who send the nice messages, who don't sink to swearing or being abusive in the face of defeat.
This is for all the people who people who don't sink to dirty tricks or questionable tactics.

This is for all the people who aren't elites but deserve credit for putting up a fight, and showing spirit.
This is for unknown players as much as known players.
This is simply about good old fashioned fun and the fact that there can be both honour in victory AND defeat.

So, I'd like to invite everyone and everyone to nominate any player you find who acts in the spirit of good sportmanship or great skill and to return their grace by honouring them here. The idea is to nominate someone who ISN'T in your own tribe as much as players in your own tribe.

You can nominate for:
Good attitude in defeat.
Helping you with your game knowledge.
Being friendly and generally making your gaming experience better.
Great playing skills.
Anyone who simply makes your day.

Any other reason that is positive and you think people deserve credit for.

If you nominate someone, please explain why - perhaps with in game messages or attack reports.
Of course if you nominate an enemy in a good spirit it also says something about YOU and YOUR sportsmanship. Its something we need more of, so get thinking and get posting.

I am respectfully asking for players not to flame this, and would like to encourage some of the elites, to actually lead the way in this by setting a much needed positive example here. It would be nice to encourage players, who perhaps aren't in the ranks of the great.

It is an effort to try do something positive to changing the rather negative and attitudes that seem to be the dominant force on the world forums. Congratulating your enemy on a job well done is something that should be done more often instead of simply trying to discredit, undermine or generally make them look bad[/b] [/B]

So if you disagree with a nomination, we don't care. We don't want or need to hear it. This is a polite request to those who don't want to participate for whatever reason to simply bite your tongue for once and leave this thread in the way it was intended. Save the criticism for elsewhere.

DeletedUser

Aww... This seems like a really nice thread :)

I haven't really got any enemies (Well, certain guys have given me more OD than others...) but, meh, i'd more like to thank some people?

Sodave - Nice guy, my new tribemate >_< good guy to talk to though
Fisgon313 - Shame he might be quitting, suprisingly nice guy, got me more interested in TW as well as other stuff, thanks to him.
Not many else, those people on skype who are nice i guess... also, those who have given me iron... Like so...

YallGotPwned has sold:3x
lehm.png
ulciscor has paid:3x
eisen.png

YallGotPwned has sold:
lehm.png
green.cheese has paid:
eisen.png

YallGotPwned has sold:
lehm.png
willbelinda has paid:
eisen.png

YallGotPwned has sold:
lehm.png
nextbigthing has paid:
eisen.png
... Yes. I like extortion.

YGP <3

DeletedUser

Wow people actually pay 2k? I haven't looked, i usually sell for 1k :(

DeletedUser

Well i'm gonna nominate Ssshhh and Sabith for their coordination in the takedown of DARTS. We underestimated them and despite them knowing it would set them back warring without nobles, they stuck to their task and evidently succeeded.