How important is activity to be a top player?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2765
  • Start date

DeletedUser2765

[ke]Well, considering some people can't follow my advice, instead of infracting them for a conversation I contributed to (even though I quite clearly said to stop >.>), I decided to make a new thread so the discussion can continue in full!

Now, I would like to add some parameters, first, in a world where there are only a couple of top notch players, you're not going to need as much activity as you're going to need in a world full of top notch players that all plan to play actively.

Anyway, give me a second and I'll move all the posts to here.[/ke]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've certainly found it quite amusing speaking to some players in the game who have been positively boasting of late about defeating various RA players, but neglecting to mention that these people had actually gone inactive and were sitting ducks. Not true of the Shut! people of course, given that when reduarum started to be picked apart by them he was very much being played...

Anyway, it's a funny thing really the boredom threshold of some of these top players. I guess they have some fun, prove a few things to people, then move on. Question is though, given this is a rate the player thread, how much does this impact on whether we rate them as reallly great players overall? I mean, you get the players that go all-out offensive, play with co-players, and hammer the game 24/7 for a few weeks/months and then quit after getting to top 10 positions or when their lack of defensive strength starts to become a real liability. Then there's the rest of us, plodding along without co-players and trying to balance real life responsibilities (jobs, families etc.) against the enjoyment of the game. Yes, the shooting stars get the publicity and the discussion, but perhaps it's the long-term strategists who are the really good players, given they always win in the end :)

Del.

DeletedUser

Lies, you're not a strategist Del...haha <3

Although you do make a good point...these rate the top 20 players threads that are always about...do you rate them just as they are, points based value, or how long they intend to play for instead of being the best at getting a lead and maintain it?

DeletedUser

Anyway, it's a funny thing really the boredom threshold of some of these top players. I guess they have some fun, prove a few things to people, then move on. Question is though, given this is a rate the player thread, how much does this impact on whether we rate them as reallly great players overall? I mean, you get the players that go all-out offensive, play with co-players, and hammer the game 24/7 for a few weeks/months and then quit after getting to top 10 positions or when their lack of defensive strength starts to become a real liability. Then there's the rest of us, plodding along without co-players and trying to balance real life responsibilities (jobs, families etc.) against the enjoyment of the game. Yes, the shooting stars get the publicity and the discussion, but perhaps it's the long-term strategists who are the really good players, given they always win in the end :)

Del.

Actually, there are several accounts who only have 1 player playing them, however several did indeed quit w3. And yes I am aware you're speaking of TW as whole, I just brought w3 as an example.

I believe people usually rate players great in the hypothetical situation of you starting inside their 20x20 and obviously the rate they grow and other such details.

but perhaps it's the long-term strategists who are the really good players, given they always win in the end :)

Maybe, but there is also the facts that when a player reaches 20 villages its actually quite damn hard to kill him off if he has any idea what he is he doing. And the age old argument of ''what if he starts next to the start-up player''

I do believe this point has been discussed to death in the usual Start-up players vs long term players flame war discussion that seems to pop out everywhere.

DeletedUser1511

Del.

To be honest if you consider outlasting these so called 'top players' or 'start up players' as they are some times refered to, a strategy you can be proud off ,then that raises questions about your own playing ability.

Acitivity is not the be all for higher ranks, nor is having a co player.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I've certainly found it quite amusing speaking to some players in the game who have been positively boasting of late about defeating various RA players, but neglecting to mention that these people had actually gone inactive and were sitting ducks. Not true of the Shut! people of course, given that when reduarum started to be picked apart by them he was very much being played...

Del.

Sorry to spoil your fun pumpkin, but the top ranked players rarely are playing 24/7 or even anything close to it. Roughly half the time they aren't co-playing either.

DeletedUser2765

Sorry to spoil your fun pumpkin, but the top ranked players rarely are playing 24/7 or even anything close to it. Roughly half the time they aren't co-playing either.
[ke]
Thats not true, on world 2 whilst I was under -Osiris- my co-player and I were on nearly constantly. BUT I will give you this, the last 12 days or so (before we quit), I wasn't even playing the account hardly (my connection allowed me to send out a farming raid once every 20 minutes if I was lucky). But yes, to a degree I agree with you, you do not need to play 24/7 in order to be a top ranked player.[/ke]

DeletedUser2765

but it helps.

[ke]Well of course it helps, if you're playing 24/7 then chances are, that is if you know what you're doing, you're going to be a top ranked player. However, you do not need to play 24/7 in order to be a top ranked player and thats what Nauzhror was discussing. Anyway, I think this [minor] discussion of what it takes to be a top 20 player is at an end and does not need to continue so let us bring back some top 20 player opinions. :)[/ke]

Nauzhror

Reaction score
[ke]
Thats not true, on world 2 whilst I was under -Osiris- my co-player and I were on nearly constantly. BUT I will give you this, the last 12 days or so (before we quit), I wasn't even playing the account hardly (my connection allowed me to send out a farming raid once every 20 minutes if I was lucky). But yes, to a degree I agree with you, you do not need to play 24/7 in order to be a top ranked player.[/ke]

Of the top 4 accounts 2 were co-played, 2 were not, that's roughly half :s (Pretty sure anyway top 4 at the stage you're referring to, in order, was: you, hoang, sirvic, me, hoang and myself not being co-played).

DeletedUser

[ke]Well of course it helps, if you're playing 24/7 then chances are, that is if you know what you're doing, you're going to be a top ranked player. However, you do not need to play 24/7 in order to be a top ranked player and thats what Nauzhror was discussing. Anyway, I think this [minor] discussion of what it takes to be a top 20 player is at an end and does not need to continue so let us bring back some top 20 player opinions. :)[/ke]

Come on, seriously you dont need 24/7 activity. Heck i only do productive things 3 times a day for what 15-20 mins if that? - The rest of the time im just chating etc. You just need to be fast and efficient and i guess that comes with experience?

You also dont need co players to be top 20.. Ive got some but they don't do anything lol (yes you wardy, get of the forums and do something for once! :icon_twisted: ) Co players (from my point of view) are to help me sleep at night or else id be login in to check for incomings in the middle of the night.

DeletedUser

24/7 activity is a joke... Everyone knows any good player worth his salt has 30/8 activity...

Honestly though, it doesn't take that much activity. I farm by hand a few times a day (sometimes), which takes 20-30 minutes... I have plenty of packets and plenty of troops queued 24/7 to sate my appetite. The lazier you are, the more important high pits and warehouses become.

DeletedUser1511

Of the top 4 accounts 2 were co-played, 2 were not, that's roughly half :s (Pretty sure anyway top 4 at the stage you're referring to, in order, was: you, hoang, sirvic, me, hoang and myself not being co-played).

Wrong.
I co played Vic, and Swikke co played Kv

DeletedUser1511

You also dont need co players to be top 20.. Ive got some but they don't do anything lol (yes you wardy, get of the forums and do something for once! :icon_twisted: ) Co players (from my point of view) are to help me sleep at night or else id be login in to check for incomings in the middle of the night.

I will come when we are rank 1 so i can boast ,#
Dnt worry i plan to kill lodda :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Del.

The reason these players leave is the world no longer poses a challenge that interests them.All of the previous top players all have multi million point accounts but that is no challenge at all.Sparks is in the top 20 works 12 hours a day has a kid and me to look after and plays solo, also if you honestly think the members of Ra and Kama who led the way at the start had no defensive troops you are horribly wrong.

It takes no skill to have 400 villages and move some D around to stop nobles while your tribe throws endless supplies of troops in to help.These people do everything in the book perfectly but most importantly efficiently.There were a lot of long term strategists in the core as well, they are all nobled if they started in the vicinity of the top players.Long term strategists is just another term for those that managed to hide long enough to where the game is no longer a challenge for those that excel at the game.

As for activity yes it does help but is not really that important if you know what you are doing.Being taught by these quality players takes your game to a new level.One of the things you do learn is how to time manage your account to get the most out of it with as little work as possible.Just because you have not managed to figure it out does not mean that those ranked highly are all playing 24/7

DeletedUser

Lies, you're not a strategist Del...haha <3

Yeah, actually you're right, I tend to just stumble on from one day to the next, one crisis to another, and hope I'm still here when I wake up each morning - well in RL anyway... :icon_biggrin:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Wrong.
I co played Vic, and Swikke co played Kv

Umm?

Wrong?

All I stated was 2 of the top 4 accounts were co-played, sirvic, and Osiris were, me and hoang were not. You then called me wrong and then reiterated my post. Drunk much?

DeletedUser4960

Little something about different ways of co-play. Co-playing doesn't necessarily mean the account has 24/7 all eyes on it and 24/7 activity. Some have co-players just because we cannot be at the computer all the time (to farm, check for possible attacks, etc.) for different kinds of reasons and at the same time do not feel at ease if account is being left 'unguarded'. So the days that we work almost all day or study, instead of putting account on someone else as a sitter, we decide to co-play with someone that has same goals and we can trust. This is my first world where I'm co-playing the account and this is my personal look on the subject from my own experience. So instead of quitting because I get frustrated when I get attacked or need to plan op but I don't have the time ... this way I have better chance to stick to the game.

This world just got a bit slowed down at the moment and a lot of good players left or are just about to leave ... what to say; holidays, new years resolutions, post holidays silence, boredom, RL responsabilities etc. But if you like the game and people you play with there are lot of ways to spice up the game :lol:

I might got a bit off the subject. So about the activity in general - I'll say that it helps but on this kind of slow world right now, you can be top with little work if you know how to.

DeletedUser1511

Umm?

Wrong?

All I stated was 2 of the top 4 accounts were co-played, sirvic, and Osiris were, me and hoang were not. You then called me wrong and then reiterated my post. Drunk much?
Yeah i had deleted that post when i realised i was the idiot :lol:

Sorry :icon_redface:

Edit.
Although Hoang should not be counted.
He is not human