How many of you are actually Brits?

DeletedUser54

I wouldn't particuarly want to be a regular here. Anyone with standards wouldn't.

I'm only here because I'm banned on .net for another two weeks exactly (in two weeks time I'll be back). I'm just here to kill time, especially during my co-ordinated over tonight. Its so nice having done all that now, lol. :)

If anybody wants me to leave get Morthy to reverse my infracts or something >:3

DeletedUser

Don't tell me you don't know who Morthy is...

EDIT:

Aimed at CEO.

DeletedUser54

Looks to me like kicking rather than leaving.:icon_neutral:

Yeah, kinda is kicking us D: Never the less, I'll be back in two weeks time. Good lord I am surprised I've lasted this long. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Yaaaaaaay!!! I've always wanted to make an essay on the demise of -{OT}-, now is my chance.

Personally I never saw -{OT}- as being a serious tribe. A lot of them had not played TW in a while, and a lot of those who were playing were already busy with other worlds. Take the Aussie people in OT for example. DC had end of year exams, his account in W2 (with 6000 incoming attacks) and everything else. Porcupine Love had 3 accounts to manage (W15, W29, W38) which were 8mil, 500k and 500 points respectively. That chews up a lot of time, even if she didn't have anything else as it was. And then we have me. Baron of a tribe on .net under alias, playing W22 (as a joke really) and W38 (serious premade). DC left soon after he joined (1-2 weeks I think), WFA kept going (until she stopped due to her in-game staff position) and I was on a holiday to New York at the start of July. This is a copy of many problems the tribe had. Summer break was upon most, and some didn't want to spend their time doing TW. h0llygh0st quit after being cleared, TjD had RL problems and people were just busy. The council was (from what I saw) small and until Fear and Loathing came in - required some experience.

STD! put the nail in the coffin of what was a dying OT. The familiar faces were gone, and I'll just agree with F & L's post here...

This is it. You could say OT was like a new toy to a little kid. When they first get it they are like 'Z0MG!!! I HAZ NEW TOY IT IS AWEZUM! <3' and after a few weeks its 'new toy lolz'. There was a lot of hype surrounding OT, but after 1 month (as was mentioned) there were many great people in OT. Though now you could almost say its the aftermath of the storm, and a lot of people (MiniFreak, Pillowcase, myself) have left .net OT (due to bans or boredom) and moved over onto these forums.

I think that's a bit of an exaggerated summary. Porcupine was more than WFA and a lot of us were active and wanted to keep playing. Some of the players you mentioned who didn't last long weren't going to last long anyway, but there were plenty of players who wanted to play seriously.

In any case, it was fun while it lasted, and it may have lasted longer than other OT tribes that have been formed over the years (I was only in 2 other OT tribes before, so who knows). It's bittersweet, but life goes on.

DeletedUser

-.- Those who left most people really don't care about. You all think you are gods of the forums, writing epic accounts of a game. You are really not. The only thing you are is new and ignorant. Get your act together - all of you - and stop dramatising everything. The reason 2007 was perhaps the best year of the Tribalwars forums was because people made it fun and didn't sit around writing depressing and 'ZOMG EPIKZ' accounts on the downfall of something that was inevitably going to fail. Now start actually doing something and make things fun again.

DeletedUser

-.- Those who left most people really don't care about. You all think you are gods of the forums, writing epic accounts of a game. You are really not. The only thing you are is new and ignorant. Get your act together - all of you - and stop dramatising everything. The reason 2007 was perhaps the best year of the Tribalwars forums was because people made it fun and didn't sit around writing depressing and 'ZOMG EPIKZ' accounts on the downfall of something that was inevitably going to fail. Now start actually doing something and make things fun again.

Later, I might browse through the threads in MSG, and hilight the threads which I think are good, and/or need bumping.

DeletedUser

because we are online different times a day plus the other coplayer is in a different timezone and yoshi. just wubs me ^^

DeletedUser

If i go on holiday, she can cover, if she goes on holiday, i can cover. If i'm going out, she can cover, if she's going out, i can cover. ETC

DeletedUser

Isn't that we do already o_O

and we can share the burden of late night attacks ^_^