How many tribes have you got?

DeletedUser

Alot of worlds have some family tribes.....and this one is no different.

Could the 25 member limit be an incentive to make one on this world?

How successful can they be?

Personal experience tells me they usually don't last long in worlds, and fall to pieces, but that's just my opinion.
I just can't see what would drive a person to make them.

Tell us why you think they suck or win.............?

Any predictions for the ones below or others?

Spotted a family tribe ? Tell us about it!

Current family tribes of UK11 (Just the most obvious ones, there is some other smaller ones not worth mentioning...)

• OOTK - OOTT - OOTS - OOTA
  • T4H - T4H-D - T4H-W - T4H-F - T4H-C

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

One reason for making them could possibly to take control of a k, as family tribes are allied there is no threat around them
I think they only work when the leadership in all of them are very close, in consent contact, and trust each other with their "lives" as a lot of family tribes i have seen normally end up falling out with each other

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10520

I have always found it strange that family tribes don't work. As on paper so to speak they should be able to wipe the floor with any threats in their area yet from personal experience they are some of the easiest tribes to dismantle and take down.

So I can see why folk would make them as many TW players still believe that points equals scary. I also see why they always fail (feel free to post up of an example of a family tribe doing very well) as communication, quick response to threats and getting quality members will be harder than running your normal tribe.

But surely running a family tribe shouldn't be THAT hard?

But it seems it is and that is the odd thing in my opinion. So it must be poor leadership that makes them fail and I think it is because to run a decent family tribe you need to be able to delegate and thats where it becomes unstuck.

In answer to the 25 member limit and the incentive to make one on this world my view is no as this world has specific win conditions so unless you had a family tribe in each quarter of the world and aimed to grab the magic then form into one tribe (thus irritating 75% of your membership) and holding on for 48 hrs you will fail.

Good thread though (maybe best in the tavern though :icon_wink:)

DeletedUser6695

I have only ever been in one family tribe and that was on w17 .net.

That tribe has recently won w17 so I guess they do work when done properly

DeletedUser10327

I like the 25 member tribe limit as you can know every single member in and out. Support, attacks, etc are far easier to organize too. I have never believed in family tribes....maybe an academy if done properly however.

DeletedUser

The main reason family tribes fail is lack of quality players. Couple that with horrible communication and inefficient leaders, it becomes one big mess.

DeletedUser

family tribes are a mix for me.

although i do believe that they tend not to work as they tend to split due to some of the family feeling hard done by but this can be re done by balancing the tribes and not having separate councils but 1 for all of them.

only family i have been a part of is DRINK! on w28.net yet they were clearly outmatched at the time by a non family tribe called PWO that i was part of who mass deleted after the world seemed too easy but as the world is now dominated by 2 families its easy to see the pros and cons.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
On .uk there are so few players with the ability to lead one tribe, let alone a family of tribes...

On .uk on each world past start up there is maybe enough quality players to fill 3 maybe 4 tribes... the chances of getting them all in one family tribe is nil...

On .uk with the number of players on each world being small family tribes are more likely to fail... on .net where each world has more players a family tribe is more likely to find the leader(s) and players to make it work...

DeletedUser

I have found a bigger family tribe than the T4H lot:icon_biggrin:

Tribes in their family:
Allied
COT
COU
COB
Miku01
L.O.D
P.O.D

Only one word to describe it... LOL

DeletedUser

Family tribes can and do work... rarely. ORC is an example of that, they were the moral victors of W1 :lol:

DeletedUser

I find that the problem with family tribes on co.uk is that it just tends to be a way for mass recruiters to mass recruit around tribe limits.

As mentioned, the chances of getting a couple of dcent dukes, some barons and enough active players to make it work on co.uk is slim!

P.S

Meechan was this really what was going through your head on your birthday!!?

DeletedUser

Good thinking..
g.gif

Triarii2D

Reaction score
I have been in 3 family tribes, 2 worked fairly well and one didn't

The 2 that worked well consisted not of a main tribe and an academy, but of 2 main tribes, where although they worked together there was a competitive rivalry between them.

The first example which was fairly successful was SWARM and HORDE on uk1. Had it not been for TR enticing most of our barons away and a number of our players in one swoop and then warring us, we would have been fine(bless W1N and T4H for taking TR out). Horde were marginally smaller than swarm, but both grew at the same rate and members never changed tribes(until half left of course).

The second example was AOTS on uk3. They started as 2 rim tribes, AOTS-N(I was on the leadership) and AOTS. AOTS-N were the northern players, AOTS were the further south players. Both were fairly successful, AOTS was one of the latter remaining tribes on uk3 after they merged because of low numbers.

The example which didnt work was P~A and P~A Academy or whatever it was called. I was co-duke of the academy-which actually overtook the original in points, which made the P~A players angry and they were desperate for us to merge into them, leading to a breakdown in the tribe, although it later resurfaced as AOTS, which accepted that north players stayed in N and the middle players stayed as the other.

So overall I would say its mixed, yes they can work but the tribes need to be equal

Dan-Tri
(zzdan480zz, TFF Uk3)

DeletedUser

Most people seem to forget on W1 that T4H 2 years ago were infact a family tribe (T4H, -T4H-, =T4H= & T4H-W).

It took us a while but we eventually got down to the tribe that was left to take on W1N at the end.... So they can to extent at least get reasonably successful.

On another note, T4H on W11 has NOTHING to do with me, I dont even play the world, so please dont blame me :lol:

DeletedUser

On another note, T4H on W11 has NOTHING to do with me, I dont even play the world, so please dont blame me :lol:

You are slightly connected, if even by name! You brought this plague upon us!! :icon_twisted:

On another note, I do hold the original T4H with respect :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

The second example was AOTS on uk3. They started as 2 rim tribes, AOTS-N(I was on the leadership) and AOTS. AOTS-N were the northern players, AOTS were the further south players. Both were fairly successful, AOTS was one of the latter remaining tribes on uk3 after they merged because of low numbers.

lol, i remember AOTS on uk3, i was an original member when it first started before i moved over to DEATH. Nice to see they done ok.

family tribes can work with, as has been said above, good leadership and close teamwork although i never saw the point on worlds where the tribe member limit was 100.

not sure if family tribes will work here and personally i like the 25 limit.

DeletedUser5596

Family tribes and the haul limit = a right pain in the backside.

DeletedUser8010

hey all, just came back to tribal wars, hope some of your remember me :) i think family tribes are a waste of time, however an academy tribe may be quite useful.

DeletedUser

Family tribes usually do not work as they are mass recruited and poorly led.

Academy tribes can work but the main tribe needs to be careful of having to constantly support the academy and weakening themselves.

On a limited member world like this it can work for a tribe that has started now to start an academy on the rim, as long as the same rules are followed. Strong leadership from within the academy, careful recruitment and good communication between the tribes.

I have led a tribe to 60 millionn plus with an academy of 40 million plus on the .net world and when someone left the main tribe for RL or other reasons then the best from the acad would step up.

Of course all members of the acad know that when the main tribe hits win conditions that the acad will not have the chance to win