HQ level for startup

DeletedUser

I have also found it best to push smithy first this then also give much needed iron ready for the L/cav which if going the other way with even hauls from farms you do not get at the right time.

Again the smithy build means more wood for foot troops at the start which makes it far easier to keep them pumping out non stop.

It does depend on location but using sp /sw at the start missing axe until L/Cav does make life easier if not mega active.
Many worlds now you soon find players leave & the need to clear them is not as great as it used to be. Trying to get good farms latter on is more important & by that time you do have the axe for clearing.

DeletedUser1508

I find it best not to worry about HQ, just build the most expensive building that you have the resources for. If that is HQ, then cool.

:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Rank? 1 on speed world.
Other than that, i reached 2 mil on w19 around a year ago

PP made two, the one i posted above has paladin, please read it before commenting on it.

"iron 1
Clay 1
Timb 1
Statue (build the palidan and farm immediately upon completion)"

Btw nauz, don't insult his guide when i took this guide from one of your posts.

I used your link to prove your above comment wrong, as replies to your guide contained the same argument.

Ive also already said that i do not follow guides, following a single strategy will get you nobled.
me said:
You ignored my argument and focused on a link I provided to prove that I do have an understanding of game mechanics. You will find that the overwhelming majority of people loved the guide (from a while back, it was around 13/5 said they found it useful to found it bad).
I hate to bring rank into this, but really, what is your highest? You seem to believe that I am a failure, but in fact I probably play much better than you.

And as I said before, PPs guides were made for a worse server (dutch methinks), in a time when the general skillset was somewhat lower. They wouldn't get you top 50 now on a competitive .net world.
Where did I mention pally? Respond to what I say, not what fits your argument.
Nauz posted it on request, does he follow it, no. Does he have a right to criticize it, yes. He quoted my guide for the sole purpose of criticizing it a while back.
Also, I meant a normal world, I got top 10 on a speed server, when i joined an hour late, noticed it was a bash round 30 mins later, and left 30 mins early. It was a 4 hour round. I played (correctly) for 2 hours. There are maybe 5 players who I would say are good who normally play speed, and I stress maybe.
Where did I say you followed a guide?
as for the original argument:
farming with 20 spears and a pally, upgrading smithy first enables you to train around 30 extra spears, before the smithy 5 is finished. That translates to better farming, and thus faster arrival at LC.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
And as I said before, PPs guides were made for a worse server (dutch methinks), in a time when the general skillset was somewhat lower. They wouldn't get you top 50 now on a competitive .net world.

Guides were written for .net W26. They'll still easily get you top 20 if you follow them and are super active. I've seen people who suck at startup follow them and do just that with absurd activity on both W47 and W49.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I had to LoL at that, especially because of the link in your siggy :lol:

That is a bit hypocritical isn't it? Although, leading guides aren't start-up guides.

As for playing the game, I still say go with the flow. Too much of the game is circumstantial and not one strategy will always work. Experience will grant you the ability to know when to do what and how to adjust to a situation. Playing just can't be set in stone.

DeletedUser

start up isn't something I'm all that great at - I never really get higher than rank 20 ( only on 2 occasions early world) until about 10 - 20 villages, so a lot of this is kinda just musings from me.

but in my experience, I just get my hq up a lvl when my Q in my hq is running for longer than 8 hours (the maximum time that I'm offline). It's not exact science from me as the amount of farming income varies from world to world dependent on my location, amount of tribesmen near me, and the amount of time/effort I put into a world.

so I'd really just go with the flow. Since my last really active start up about a year ago, I've never got my hq higher than 22.

I only farm about 3 or 4 times a day using bookmarks once I get to the stage where the hq level becomes relevant so I wouldn't ever get mine higher than 23 - 25 , and that would be on a world where there are barbas at 1.5k+

But if you're a good player who sits online for more time than myself and farms super efficiently using the SRE or similar methods, then I see no reason why you couldn't pump it up to lvl 27.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

High hq is overrated. Sorry for digging I guess.. but another hq levels thread! woohoo.. >.<

Edit: Ok to support my point. High hq can work, but very few players can actually make it work. I've seen loads of people with hqs greater than 20 who still don't seem to keep it 24/7, or just keep it queued by upping res mines before noble and such like that. Such a waste.

Nauz said it was "definitely advisable", I disagree. I wouldn't advise people to do it unless I was incredibly confident in them. My advice is to make sure you know the basics and some, before you try a startup with an hq above level 20.

Last edited by a moderator: