I can't attack

DeletedUser

Until 25.10. 18:10, the target can only attack or be attacked, if the relation of points between attacker and defender is no more than 20.

What is this and why is this?

DeletedUser

This is a rule that is intended to protect small players from being attacked by those much larger than themselves. You cannot attack a player if you have 20 times as many points as they do and they are still within their first 60 days in the world. The idea is that it allows the smaller players time to grow enough so they can defend themselves and not be totally dominated by the larger players, but it is a very unpopular rule and generally doesn't actually do much good at all.

DeletedUser

But I was able to attack them before...? Suddenly it stopped today. Also, they are inactive...

DeletedUser

since ur points have been growing, because ur ACTIVE, U HAVE NOW REACHED THE POINT WHERE you are 20 times they're size, so a rule kicks in not allowing you to attack

personnally i think this rule should only come into play after about 60 days

DeletedUser

If you were able to attack them before but cannot now, then you must have recently passed through that 20x point barrier. You had less than 20x as many points as them before, now you have more than 20x as many points as them and so you can't attack. As for them being inactive, you will be able to attack again once their village turns barbarian, they finish their first 60 days in the world or once you have less than 20x as many points as them (either by them growing or you losing points).

DeletedUser2385

Yeah it's a pain but it's for there protection, happens all the time Dude they can't attack you either. You will either have to dismantle something in your villa, or wait the amount of time it states, or hope they come back and build something big.

maximum relation Attacker : Defender 20 : 1 for the first 60 days

DeletedUser

Yeah it's a pain but it's for there protection, happens all the time Dude they can't attack you either. You will either have to dismantle something in your villa, or wait the amount of time it states, or hope they come back and build something big.

maximum relation Attacker : Defender 20 : 1 for the first 60 days

I'm sure they can, there's nothing in the rules about not being able to attack somebody who is 20x your size.

DeletedUser

I'm sure they can, there's nothing in the rules about not being able to attack somebody who is 20x your size.

qft.

So, if you have an active player you've catted, prepare to be attacked, as you can't do anything about it :icon_wink:

DeletedUser2385

Troops
Simulator
Neighboring villages
Until 14.9. 19:37, the target can only attack or be attacked, if the relation of points between attacker and defender is no more than 20.

If you think about it, does make sense other wise the little players would beat up the big players for the first 60 day to a certain extent that is.

DeletedUser

catburglur if a player 20 times smaller than you is beating u, then u do not deserve to be 20 times there size. all u wd need to do is stack

DeletedUser

the rules said:
Until 14.9. 19:37, the target can only attack or be attacked, if the relation of points between attacker and defender is no more than 20.

Just to clear up what this rule states, a player cannot attack someone if they have more than 20x as many points as their target. A player cannot be attacked by someone if that person has more than 20x as many points as they do.

edit: actually, I just re-read this and it is worded in a confusing way... someone try attacking somebody 20x their size and report back please, because I actually have my doubts now. The defender will have to be in their first 60 days still, though, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The player may be slightly point-whoirng, while the little one is a massive troop-whore.

I'd think the small one can't attack either.

DeletedUser2385

catburglur if a player 20 times smaller than you is beating u, then u do not deserve to be 20 times there size. all u wd need to do is stack

Yes of course I know that, and you are quite correct you would so very much deserve it for being a point whore. But it still does not detract from the point, if small players could attack you and you not them that would give them a big advantage.

Think of it like this John Murry, could get 50 inbound from 50 players under 3k points, now big hypothetical here, but that would at the very least be very annoying for him to not be able to respond.

I've got 70k points or something like that, I would hate if my little neighbors could attack me and I couldn't respond. Admittedly I've killed most of them off, but that would still be very annoying.

DeletedUser

it is unfair, but most likely they will be so afraid of you they won't attack you if ur 20x times there size

but yh is unfair, also admins: could we by any chance get this worded better, so we know if people can be attacked by someone 20 times smaller than them

DeletedUser2385

I just double checked there as you had me doubting myself, I'm sitting a 2k villa started 18th July, I tried to attack a 50k plus player got a similar message.

Message you get when you're the larger player is

the target can only attack or be attacked, if the relation of points between attacker and defender is no more than 20.

Message you get when you are the smaller player

you can only attack or be attacked if the ratio between you and your opponents points is no more than 20.