Idle Mind

DeletedUser6796

It would be nice if one could lay siege to a village; blockade trade and reinforcements from it. I think it would make the game more fluid as we approach the era of heavily stacked villages.

What has your idle mind come up with about the game?

DeletedUser

Cool idea!

I always thought it would be neat if you had the option of just burning a village to the ground as oppose to letting it be nobled or nobling it. :icon_twisted:

I've a feeling we will get some very creative ideas from the bunch in this world. :icon_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was thinking about the siege idea now villages are full of static troops.

Perhaps a trebuchet that can only be fired from a nearby village which only kills troops. This would soon get some troop movement going again.

DeletedUser

I'm liking that trebuchet idea Bladrick. Put me down for 200 of them.

Maybe introduce rivers and lakes, so we can all go "Viking" on our enemies. That GF backline would be where my boats would be heading and use frizzy's idea of razing villages to the ground. :icon_razz:

Good ideas so far. I think Tribalwars has numbed my imagination cos the best I think of is having 1 pally for every 100 villages.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Cool idea!

I always thought it would be neat if you had the option of just burning a village to the ground as oppose to letting it be nobled or nobling it. :icon_twisted:

That is an option. Never seen catapults put to proper use?

There was a 10,000 point player on a .net world (think W12, but I could be remembering incorrectly) who had an average of 26 points per village with 400ish villages because someone who was attacking them decided catting them to the ground was cheaper and easier than making ~400 nobles.

DeletedUser

There was a 10,000 point player on a .net world (think W12, but I could be remembering incorrectly) who had an average of 26 points per village with 400ish villages because someone who was attacking them decided catting them to the ground was cheaper and easier than making ~400 nobles.

Now thats an idea, theres a few enemies I'd be happy to do that too :lol:

DeletedUser5293

I have been looking for that post ever since i first read it to find out who the player was but cant find it after i had read it once:icon_sad:, i too think it was W12 but not too sure anyways it seems W12 will be the first world to close after all.

O.T

I sometimes think what about a feature where you can retrain your troops. The infantry basically.
Like if you have a defense build in a villa you can train the sp/sw to become axemen or vice versa ofcourse a time frame of say 48 hours can apply withing which the troops being trained become unusable.
And
what about if we had archer offense units in infantry like Long-bowmen.
And
What if we had Assassin units, where by those units could go and kill noblemen in enemy villas, these attacked can be countered by having assassins of your own in the village something on the lines of the scout concept. But ofcourse these assassin units have to be made costly and you can only have a limited no of them so that ppl dont make to many of them and defeat the purpose.

Too many ideas, well what can i say too idle a mind:icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Yes but I'm sure it took quite abit of effort and time to achieve this. My idea of razing a villa in my mind would be achieved in a matter of hrs.

But that is a very funny story of the W12 guy! lol That would be one of the very few scenarios that would make me quit a world.

DeletedUser

lol, nauzhror, but i think frizzy still uses them to knock down walls in his nukes he he he..:) jk....jk frizzy..
cat trains imo, are the most fun to have in the game...maybe im just weird but i get the most enjoyment from droping a villa from 10k - 4k in a matter of seconds..

OT

@argho,
couple of good ideas there mate..

my thoughts:

• i think for starters a set of clean cut rules should apply asap...easy to read, no in between the lines... when we started this world the rules had some work to do but now its just like a pot of confusion's ..this is my opinion only and not a dig at tharg or tracey, or any other mod for that matter..im not sure why it seems so unorganized but its just how i see it. and to be honest when you read them for face value, they are open to being bent more than the catholic church bends their own rules hahahaha.

my biggest concern:

from what i have been fed by my sources, it seems that a select few have discovered how to use illegal scripts somehow... so if the rules cant be policed with due diligence, then certain scripts may as well be made legal.. or those in the know get an unfair advantage over everyone else....i do however believe thargoran to be righteous when he says that most rally point scripts take away the skill of the game.....so its a tuff one me thinks.

What has my idle mind come up with about the game?

• im thinking along the lines of a change to the bonfire here so hang with me,
    when i first started playing this game, barracks and stables villages were 50% faster, then one day they became 33% faster so..
    ''what if'' at a set time, all weapons drop there power by half, say when the world closes for example..

or when a paladin is put into the fight against another paladin one becomes the winner so thus disables the defenders weapon, this would give the attacker some hope (against the bonfire anyway..) obviously there is ways around everything, and a stacked village will (inevitably) kill the winning pally, ''if after he beats the defenders pally the nuke is lost''..im not saying its without flaw but its just an idea hey...

also,
    i reckon that the equivalent to lvl 3 scouts when ever we scout would make things a little more exciting tbh... i mean, how often have you used the pally scope ? i can say i have used it about a dozen times at best..

i intend on showing a little more respect to a lot more who i have not previously...so try being civil and see what happens !

DeletedUser

Who are you and what have you done to easy!?! :icon_eek: +1 rep for that,hopefully everyone can follow your example.

Also for once I agree with you easy. Nothing is more satisfying than knocking a villa to dust,even better than nobling imo. A great saying comes to mind, "To build may have to be the laborious task of years,but to destroy can be the vicious act of a single day". :icon_twisted::attack:

And I've also heard of these scripts being used,some like Village Builders,Attack Identifiers,ect. (burn you dirty monkey:icon_evil:) My idea to solve the problem- Raise premium by $1.00 and use the money to hire assassins ninjas,to track down and castrate the cheaters! (too harsh?) lol

DeletedUser6488

I'm liking that trebuchet idea Bladrick. Put me down for 200 of them.

Maybe introduce rivers and lakes, so we can all go "Viking" on our enemies. That GF backline would be where my boats would be heading and use frizzy's idea of razing villages to the ground. :icon_razz:

Good ideas so far. I think Tribalwars has numbed my imagination cos the best I think of is having 1 pally for every 100 villages.

I love this idea get rivers added to the map then we can build ports to build our ships
the ships have cannon guns to blow the walls away hahahahaha

DeletedUser6796

I have had a lot of idle moments of late. Perhaps it's the season.

It's difficult to implement, but it would be rather good if troops could be forwarded from one village and onwards to another. This has been implemented in a slightly different way with army camps, but if a Paladin could collect a retinue from his home village (A) and then travel to village (B), then (C), then (D), instead of ABACAD, it would make things a lot less frustrating and attacks could be snappier, rather than the ponderous things they are becoming; I'm starting to get bored with seeing 20 incomings from 100 hours away, including a Noble Train and taking a couple of minutes to stack a village because there's so much warning.

Historically, warning was very hit and miss. Maybe a fog of war feature that meant you could only see attacks when they were within a certain distance of the target (and this distance increasing with the size of the attack)? I achieve this manually by not logging in for days at a time. It keeps it exciting. I know of one tribe that seems to keep it exciting by tagging everything as a fake. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5244

Glad you brought this up. +1rep

My idle mind has thought of:
a 0/deff 0/off troop at a very costly price that travels at noble speed.
enought said!