Insolence..

DeletedUser

Hello.

I am creating this topic to basically discuss what you all think of a certain recent event.

How much is too much?
Where do you draw the line?

It's no mystery. Alpha have been warring with ReBooT.
ReBooT decided to pull in an endless list of tribes. That includes; COOKIE (disbanded), CRUMBS (disbanded), TW1TS, nV (disbanded), Greece, Greec_, T LOG, ~MW~, Rebel!, RebeI! (disbanded), Rebe1! (disbanded) .. need I go on? There are more.

Their attempts to fight Alpha were.. Pathetic. They struggled to even take one village despite outnumbering our southern members by over 150 to 5.
ReBooT basically bullied the other tribes to clear for them to try and noble - but even doing that they couldn't conquer villages!!

The 'coalition' they formed has come to an easy end. With the stats being above 50 to 5 to Alpha.

Now, as the coalition ended. ReBooT decided on recruiting the top members of COOKIE.

When doing this, Emily Tomkins (here) decided upon herself to initially promise Duke status to another member of COOKIE.
She then, instead, disbanded the tribe.
Furthermore, she took with her all the troop counts - troop whereabouts and village information she could of the remaining members of COOKIE, over to ReBooT.

Now what have ReBooT gone and done? Used this information and begun to take full advantage by attacking the lost, scattered members.

So basically, to ask a question with a story...
How desperate can you get?
How much backstabbing is too much?

Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of backstabbing and have always been slaughtered for it in the externals - but this is just something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11866

The pride you right this article is funny to say the least, as you say those tribes are pathetic and they aren't really a challenge, ReBoot however may be and you should from now on do PnP's solely based on them. Now back to the questions ..

Any BS to me is the same thing, FACT. If a player BS's you will you trust him again ? no matter what the scenario is he wouldnt get my trust for good long while after that and probably will never gain it again.

DeletedUser12899

Well this is why you can't trust anyone while playing TW, well to a certain extent. There will be always backstabbers no matter what.

Deleted User - 70854

Well, i bet most of these "C.R.A.P" members who have suffered by Reboots tactics were new players, who i guess will be unlikely to play another world.

DeletedUser

The pride you right this article is funny to say the least, as you say those tribes are pathetic and they aren't really a challenge, ReBoot however may be and you should from now on do PnP's solely based on them. Now back to the questions ..

Please do quote where I say this Volkan. Or are you talking 'BS'?

Fact is, why would people want to carry on playing an already dying game when they are just backstabbed and shown the worst of the game?

DeletedUser11866

Their attempts to fight Alpha were.. Pathetic. They struggled to even take one village despite outnumbering our southern members by over 150 to 5.

Your tone here portrays that, atleast to me.

Its the nature of the game, once you put people to do what they want, which is providing by the communication of people via forums/pm/and skype people begin to plot, thats what people in RL do, if you havent have been BS'd in real life then its a nasty experience but its just life, you get on with it.

Deleted User - 70854

really, out of that whole post you pick up on that one line?

DeletedUser

"Half a truth is often a great lie."

If you're going to open up some discussion in the externals, I really suggest that you find out the entire truth (by consulting both parties in question) first. There are numerous reasons why ReBooT chose to leave the coalition, namely due to its general ineffectiveness, inactivity, disorganisation and unresponsiveness, which you yourself have acknowledged (the OD stats for example, are a good reference). At the same time, there were some hard-working, helpful and dedicated individuals (minority) whose noble efforts I applaud and am thankful for - credit is given where it is due. However in all honesty, the coalition became more of a burden than help - there were several internal conflicts: disagreements between leaders (Rebel! split, nV disbands), spies (as SexySmurf proved) and the vested interests of players.

Emily, the Duchess of the COOKIE family, had been monitoring various aspects of her members for a week and a half, including their activity (both in-game and in the forums), their willingness to participate in OPs and their contributions towards the coalition. Generally speaking, there was only a handful of active and consistently helpful members. Emily considered the idea of disbanding the CRUMBS tribe and dismissing any 'dead weight' from COOKIE; she sought a second opinion from us. Instead, we offered her and those members in question places in ReBooT, which she then discussed with her council and agreed to.

As far as the troop counts, troop whereabouts and village information are concerned, we have none of that (you may be referring to the requirements that she imposed on her members roughly two weeks ago in order to prepare them). I think it's also important to add that Emily did not disband the tribe and actually gave Curley Joe the Duke privileges, who may have disbanded the tribe (again, I don't know if he did so I will not "blindly" say that he did).

To summarise, I think it's fair to say that your sources are not reliable and you should perhaps find out the entire truth before "blindly" posting.

DeletedUser5582

pfft I don't care as Reboot have Learning To Count Star in their tribe! Trembles!

DeletedUser11866

Sorry Ted i didnt want to talk too much off topic and that was the first thing i saw.

DeletedUser12829

Call me a big softie but I still believe the game should be played with a little bit of a conscious.

Lets hope that karma deals a fair hand on this one.

DeletedUser

What is this supposed to have achieved? I can't find one fact in that entire PnP, sorry Will. Believe what you like, readers.

> "ReBooT decided to pull in an endless list of tribes."
> The "coalition" wasn't formed by ReBooT. In fact, the other tribes were reluctant to let us join in the first place upon hearing Alpha had offered us NAP status in the previous week.

> "
ReBooT basically bullied the other tribes to clear for them"
> This may have seemed the case, however this was not true. Most of the battles fought with Alpha were conducted primarily with our own members. We were helping the other tribes, so it was only fair they helped us where they could, anyway.

> "Their attempts to fight Alpha were.. Pathetic."
> You claim it was easy pickings, but consider the offensive losses of yourself, Tedd66 to name a few and the ODD score of Tayls for example.

> "
Furthermore, she took with her all the troop counts"
> Did she? Can you prove that? I've not seen them..

> "Now what have ReBooT gone and done? Used this information and begun to take full advantage by attacking the lost, scattered members."
> That's not entirely true either. What were we supposed to have done anyway? Continue helping those players in a faltering "coalition" fight their battles and receive no help ourselves?

The entire time this "coalition" has been together, we have been losing touch with the top 3 tribes. Our growth (along with the other tribes) has been slow and painful while W.A.R, Mayhem and less speedily Alpha have been progressing. It's about time everyone faced up to the unfortunate reality that the fight that has been going on was a waste of time and has cost tribes on both sides valuable expansion opportunity.

So:

> "
How desperate can you get?"
> There has been no desperation from ReBooT at any point down the line.

> "
How much backstabbing is too much?"
> As far as I'm aware, we've lied to nobody at all about anything.

So come on then Will, how about you share what the idea behind the alliance of I.B and Alpha is? Are you planning to "use" them as we supposedly "used" the coalition?

DeletedUser4411

What is this supposed to have achieved? I can't find one fact in that entire PnP, sorry Will. Believe what you like, readers.

> The "coalition" wasn't formed by ReBooT. In fact, the other tribes were reluctant to let us join in the first place upon hearing Alpha had offered us NAP status in the previous week.

> "
ReBooT basically bullied the other tribes to clear for them"
> This may have seemed the case, however this was not true. Most of the battles fought with Alpha were conducted primarily with our own members. We were helping the other tribes, so it was only fair they helped us where they could, anyway.

> "Their attempts to fight Alpha were.. Pathetic."
> You claim it was easy pickings, but consider the offensive losses of yourself, Tedd66 to name a few and the ODD score of Tayls for example.

> "
Furthermore, she took with her all the troop counts"

> "Now what have ReBooT gone and done? Used this information and begun to take full advantage by attacking the lost, scattered members."
> That's not entirely true either. What were we supposed to have done anyway? Continue helping those players in a faltering "coalition" fight their battles and receive no help ourselves?

The entire time this "coalition" has been together, we have been losing touch with the top 3 tribes. Our growth (along with the other tribes) has been slow and painful while W.A.R, Mayhem and less speedily Alpha have been progressing. It's about time everyone faced up to the unfortunate reality that the fight that has been going on was a waste of time and has cost tribes on both sides valuable expansion opportunity.

So:

> "

> "

So come on then Will, how about you share what the idea behind the alliance of I.B and Alpha is? Are you planning to "use" them as we supposedly "used" the coalition?

the-truth-shall-set-you-free.jpg

DeletedUser

It's to open a discussion on the disgraceful attitude from ReBooT players.

Doesn't matter, you were the head. Maybe I should change that to 'worked with an endless list'. Would that keep you happy?

> "ReBooT basically bullied the other tribes to clear for them"

I'm sure every other tribe in the coalition would agree with me there. ReBooT tried to use and abuse every member they could take advantage of. You used endless support from TW1TS, you forced some of I.B to send the clearing nukes. Need I go on?> "Their attempts to fight Alpha were.. Pathetic."

It was extremely easy pickings considering that the 5 of Alpha were completely surrounded by a sea of red, outnumber by over 15 to 1 and still managed to conquer villages that were surrounded by the opposing tribes.

> "Furthermore, she took with her all the troop counts"

Information given to me from EX-Cookie members who are now suffering due to it.> "Now what have ReBooT gone and done? Used this information and begun to take full advantage by attacking the lost, scattered members."

Nope. But any respectful players would have given them a grace period, notification of what you were doing and would NOT have taken all possible information to gain an advantage with them. That's completely unfair on the less abled players.

So:

> "

> "

BOLD.

Please do tell me why you consider this behaviour acceptable? How is it not desperate?
People like your tribe are the reason tribal wars is a dying game.

Also, when did we have an alliance with I.B? We have no plan to use them, only to help them. We are not all like you guys. Sorry to say.

Ps. Who even are you?

DeletedUser5582

When you are refuting the post of another person and you start out with saying this

Is always a good idea to sort of back this up as this is what we, the readers expect. Here was I expecting a Will spanking to be handed out publicly but alas you shoot yourself down when you post things like this

Mr. Lazy;423500[COLOR=#000000 said:
[/COLOR]> That's not entirely true either. What were we supposed to have done anyway?

The words entirely suggest that large chunks of Wills post are pretty close to the mark. The word either suggests this was not the first time Will had been correct.

Alas you yourself have holed your own argument which when countering a post is at best silly and at worst lets just say a bit dim.

How are you going to get Will to say he will always find you and rim if you let him win these arguments by destroying your defense!

:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser10790

Will sucks, ruffus could rim him

^this is step one, Jo

blue

DeletedUser5582

doh! so it is. Now it also strikes me that Will won't find this as amusing as the rest of us and he can make me send my train to lands far far away (and he makes me call him Master is all very wrong indeed) so I am not going to invoke Step 2:

DeletedUser

"Doesn't matter, you were the head. Maybe I should change that to 'worked with an endless list'. Would that keep you happy?"

And how exactly did you come to that conclusion? As a matter of fact, the alliance lacked structure which is almost certainly one of the many reasons why it was slow and unresponsive on the whole. The only thing 'endless' here is the ongoing list of unnecessary lies that you're trying to feed everyone...

"I'm sure every other tribe in the coalition would agree with me there. ReBooT tried to use and abuse every member they could take advantage of. You used endless support from TW1TS, you forced some of I.B to send the clearing nukes. Need I go on?"

A coalition is a temporary alliance for combined action - if you even bothered to look at the ODA scores, you will have noticed that both ReBooT and COOKIE were the main attacking tribes. Having said that, your idea of "using and abusing every member" is quite frankly exaggerated. Support was provided to whoever was under attack (duh!) and it just so happens that Alpha chose to mainly focus on hitting ReBooT and COOKIE. And while we're talking about using and abusing players, I think we should take a moment to reflect on Alpha's attitude towards their own members, given that only a few weeks back, they were internally nobling their own members without permission.

"Information given to me from ex-COOKIE members who are now suffering due to it."

You may have the information, but we do not. Therefore if there is anyone who could take advantage of the situation, it would be you.

"Nope. But any respectful players would have given them a grace period, notification of what you were doing and would NOT have taken all possible information to gain an advantage with them. That's completely unfair on the less abled players."

Once again, we did NOT take any information in the first place. You haven't yet been able to prove that we have. Moreover the more you press your arguments against us e.g. any respectful players would have given them a grace period, the more comparable we become to Alpha:

[26/03/2014 19:36:44] Blue (PMP): as im sure you expected, Cf and i gonna have to go away and discuss this
[26/03/2014 19:37:15] Blue (PMP): We will have got back to you within 24hours.

When we were approached for a NAP by Alpha and proposed our terms, we were told that we would be given a response within 24 hours (as you can see above). Instead, not only were we not notified that Alpha had rejected these terms, but we began to receive attacks from Alpha without warning.

So let me ask you, why do you consider this behaviour acceptable? If anything, you seem desperate to make us look bad and even more desperate to get rid of us.