Into the Valley of DEATH (And out again)

DeletedUser

Into the Valley of DEATH (And out again)

Here I intend to document the ventures of DEATH and its members, as far as my personal knowledge and memory will allow. I wasn’t with DEATH on UK3 and I didn’t join DEATH right at the start of the world – I joined roughly when nobles were about – although I had contact with DEATH beforehand, in spite of this, I found myself in a position of trust, first as an OP planner, then as a diplomat and eventually shadow duke, before taking over completely when Chesty had to quit for the final time.

For those of you who do not know, I sold out DEATH in the final days and it soon disbanded, in genuine belief that the members would stand a better chance in other tribes, regardless of their alignments. Whilst I turned, I still respect the players and the memory, hence my attempt of an archive here.

The Beginning

DEATH solidified it’s grasp on the core early, by merging with another tribe, Wolfpack, led by snakedyke and consisting of only a handful of players, who have now all quit and been internalled. At the time, this allowed for a strong grasp of K54 in particular, in collaboration with the early NAPs with ~TIR~ and LIFE, who dominated the K once Magic started to fall.

Early scuffles were prominent with Titans, a fellow core tribe and occasionally their allies, L-S, also in the core. These early fights were just a few clearings, nothing out of the ordinary for start-up. However, little contact was made between the two tribes and the situation slowly escalated – with Titans in particular – and soon war was declared. By this time, I was OP planner. Although our first OP, on a mere two villages, failed (One was stacked by TheGreatMorpheus, the duke of Titans and the other was sniped by Smithy1977), they were slowly whittled down. Their presence in K55 and K54 dwindled and eventually vanished, leaving a fairly strong but poorly-situated stronghold in the southern K44/45 border, which caused further problems for them when BOGOF had decided to collaborate with us against them. This mutual enemy set the foundation for the strong relations the two tribes shared later on.

Contact with BOGOF council had been virtually non-existent until that point, although a DEATH member, out of the way of the core in K45, BOGOF’s K, found himself under heavy attack by them. He was stacked efficiently and the issue disappeared and was never heard of again.

Coinciding with the Titans war, was a war against L-S. This war was technically lost by DEATH due to a barb being nobled off Dwarfed Midget (DM didn’t intentionally take the barb, as a sitter was dodging his noble and the barb was, alas, already on low loyalty). L-S gathered a lot of ODA in the day or so the war lasted, but they were eventually convinced to turn on Titans, their former allies and relations flourished.

PnP and Stats can be found with these links:
Titans – Just Another Myth
’DEATH Slayer’ Faces Bitter Irony
Another Shameful War!!

Mid-Game

Mid-Game was a busy time for DEATH, in which many wars were waged and growth accelerated at an exponential rate. The new ties with BOGOF made shared support and OPs a possibility and the combined weight of the two tribes saw the end of such tribes as Dogg, P-Dogg, TAFA, mAFiA and BRENT.

As DEATH started to progress and the core became tighter for targets, L-S had grown relatively little. L-S were given two weeks to grow and show dedication for the world, unless relations would be dropped. They failed to do so and, with the exception of players such as Wookey, Taylor2730, Worf201 and Huggybear85, they were eaten swiftly.

The collaborative wars with BOGOF were expansion-based, so there is little to tell. The PnP of the time explain it as well as I could here.

DEATH Declare On BRENT
Bye Bye Brent
Walking the Doggs to the Rim

In a nutshell, BOGOF and DEATH had secured their areas and their relations, but now new tensions rose and as the tribes around them recruited and nobled the remnants of the defeated tribes, growth – this only really applies to DEATH, due to their core position – was stunted greatly. This painted a target on DEATH, as was known to us, albeit we knew a world war would be inevitable, but not who would side with who.

The End Times

As wars reached their conclusions across the world, an eerie, cold war-esque silence of arms and loosening of tongues initiated itself. DEATH, under my misinformed advice, wished for SYN to join BOGOF and DEATH (KTZ had also made itself known by the point and were in on the alliance), so there could be a typical east versus west war. We knew that we would need them in the fight against ~TIR~ and *TIR* in particular, as they would complete our frontlines and had a huge backline to draw from.

What happened in the following two weeks was a diplomatic triangle between DEATH, SYN and ~TIR~, long story short, DEATH drew the short straw. Before we knew it, SYN were joining the war on ~TIR~’s side and the most recent of UK11’s gangbangs began. At first, there was still a shadow of hope, members communicated and supported well enough and DEATH even took a few caps from the opposition. However, some members took a beating due to their awful positions, Eagle Dad, in particular, lost about 30 villages, since he was almost exclusively in K54. Pre-stacking was not organised.

A few days before DEATH disbanded, 20:02, 20/06/12, I, the more prominent duke (The Ferret had recently been promoted to duke, for his UK3 record), turned to ~TIR~. What followed were lies, deceit and a very low attempt on the integrity of Wookey’s account, in which a player was found to internal it after the original owner’s departure, but for ~TIR~, not DEATH. The original owner returned before this came to fruition and a sitter remarkably defended all villages by sniping, losing only four villages.

And now, here we are. Players have gone to ~TIR~, BOGOF, the new tribe, Death, or remain tribeless, but the future of the core – DEATH’s old home – is looking much more biased towards ~TIR~.

DEATH disbanded after a unanimous vote (Except for one, who was not present) by the council and players were advised to seek refuge in tribes with a brighter future.

After Life there is always DEATH

Special thanks to the writers of the PnP, and to the members of DEATH, her allies and her enemies, both fallen and current.

Liam

DeletedUser4221

An interesting read, I have always enjoyed reading the views of a world through another perspective.

I personally had a lot of respect for Death shame it ended the way it did.

DeletedUser

Hi Liam,

Nice account. I have always found UK worlds to be full of deceit and back stabbing...not a good view of the British people, but this one has been the worst for me and unfortunately I have to include D3ATH in that.

WC:) had issues with the tribe BRENT right from the start and we held our own. We took in chestys nephew as a gesture of good will and looked after him trying to give him a good TW training and promised to keep him there as long as we could, eventually the time came when we were at war and i had to drop him to bring in more experience but he was back line and we supported him against anyone who tried.

BRENT were inbetween D3ATH and WC:) but D3ATH despite having an alliance with us would not help in the war. We then lost a tribe member to BRENT ( the back stabbing begins ). We replaced that person but by this time the original WC:) crew had left because of the world settings and I was running it on my own.

I recruited and tried to fight back against BRENT but they got the T4H family inviolved and ROAR, and this is where it went sour. We defeated the T4H lot ( it was very easy ) and then D3ATH attacked us.

It turns out chesty handed the reigns over to Warrior Maiden who decided as she had not agreed it that they would cancel relations their end and attack us.

Later dealings also showed me that D3ATH seemed to lack the integrity that they perhaps once had. I am not sure why this is, but as with WC:) it seems to be a great tribe that could not get it together on this world. Cant win 'em all mate

DeletedUser

Nice read Liam, but would like to correct the error below

Mid-Game was a busy time for DEATH, in which many wars were waged and growth accelerated at an exponential rate. The new ties with BOGOF made shared support and OPs a possibility and the combined weight of the two tribes saw the end of such tribes as Dogg, P-Dogg, TAFA, mAFiA and BRENT.

As DEATH started to progress and the core became tighter for targets, L-S had grown relatively little. L-S were given two weeks to grow and show dedication for the world, unless relations would be dropped. They failed to do so and, with the exception of players such as Wookey, Taylor2730, Worf201 and Huggybear85, they were eaten swiftly.

The collaborative wars with BOGOF were expansion-based, so there is little to tell. The PnP of the time explain it as well as I could here.

Taylor and I left LS after the first little spat with Death, and joined death after i had negotiated the alliance with Death on behalf of LS. Worf had left and joined Brent I think at that time, not sure what huggy was doing, think she stayed in LS. Basically the majority of the active growing members had left and those left had no room for expansion anyway due to us (Death ) surrounding them

DeletedUser5596

Liam,

I feel that you have been given a hard time over this situation, someone in a position of authority has to make difficult decision and even sometimes the right decision you make can prove to be catastrophically flawed!

I didn't see a problem with your dealings at the time as it would have benefited my expansion as well as other members of our tribe, but maybe in hindsight it was a poor choice by all of us.

I wouldn't feel bad buddy and certainly not traitorous.

You played the game well, no doubting that.

DeletedUser

Nice read Liam, but would like to correct the error below

Taylor and I left LS after the first little spat with Death, and joined death after i had negotiated the alliance with Death on behalf of LS. Worf had left and joined Brent I think at that time, not sure what huggy was doing, think she stayed in LS. Basically the majority of the active growing members had left and those left had no room for expansion anyway due to us (Death ) surrounding them

Sorry, my memories are a bit vague regarding who joined and in what order. Huggy continued to lead L-S with iansunderland, until he quit and the tribe was dying, at which point Warrior Maiden offered Huggy an invite. I can't quite remember when Worf201 joined, it can't have been much longer after you and Taylor joined. It certainly wasn't at the end of L-S.

Liam,

I feel that you have been given a hard time over this situation, someone in a position of authority has to make difficult decision and even sometimes the right decision you make can prove to be catastrophically flawed!

I didn't see a problem with your dealings at the time as it would have benefited my expansion as well as other members of our tribe, but maybe in hindsight it was a poor choice by all of us.

I wouldn't feel bad buddy and certainly not traitorous.

You played the game well, no doubting that.

Thanks, but I know that not to be the case. Of course, I believed my own decisions up until the final days to be relatively solid, they proved to be anything but.

As for traitorous, I was referring to the point in which I turned to Matt of ~TIR~ (I will say this - he came to me, and it took serious thought, but yet again I made a foolish error). I suppose I can find some comfort that an ex-DEATH player inherited my villages, but that doesn't change facts.

DeletedUser

Hi Liam,

Nice account. I have always found UK worlds to be full of deceit and back stabbing...not a good view of the British people, but this one has been the worst for me and unfortunately I have to include D3ATH in that.

WC:) had issues with the tribe BRENT right from the start and we held our own. We took in chestys nephew as a gesture of good will and looked after him trying to give him a good TW training and promised to keep him there as long as we could, eventually the time came when we were at war and i had to drop him to bring in more experience but he was back line and we supported him against anyone who tried.

BRENT were inbetween D3ATH and WC:) but D3ATH despite having an alliance with us would not help in the war. We then lost a tribe member to BRENT ( the back stabbing begins ). We replaced that person but by this time the original WC:) crew had left because of the world settings and I was running it on my own.

I recruited and tried to fight back against BRENT but they got the T4H family inviolved and ROAR, and this is where it went sour. We defeated the T4H lot ( it was very easy ) and then D3ATH attacked us.

It turns out chesty handed the reigns over to Warrior Maiden who decided as she had not agreed it that they would cancel relations their end and attack us.

Later dealings also showed me that D3ATH seemed to lack the integrity that they perhaps once had. I am not sure why this is, but as with WC:) it seems to be a great tribe that could not get it together on this world. Cant win 'em all mate

We attacked WC :) once we had deliberated that they stood no chance on the world, how that came about escapes me, I don't recall much of that period (Although I did pinch one of your villages :D).