Iran: Nuclear Enrichment

DeletedUser1189

If you watch or read the news, you will of seen of this. Not sure how to open this discussion or what question to ask. But right now im watching on the news the prime minster saying we are pumping more troops into afganistan and will fight terrorism etc. The Americans are also massively ramping up the amount of troops in afganistan.

At the same time Iran have announced in defiance of every single dictate of the UN and started production on five nuclear reactors which will also be capable of producing weapon grade nuclear bombs. Slighty scares me as the guy in charge talked openly in a speech about genocide to a bunch of cheering people.

The question was asked earlier in another thread about being tribal wars leaders in real life. I know I would be stacking troops on my enemy border in a race before they produced noble capability and to remove the threat.

What are others thinking about the current play political tit for tat play out which could have massive consequences on our world?

DeletedUser282

Cut trade with them if they continue?

Or use smart spears to destroy there reactors?

I know very little about this issue, have they announced that the reactors are for nuclear weapons or just energy?

DeletedUser1189

They said they would be able to enrich uranium in them, which basically means they will produce the by product that is used in nuclear weapons, although of course there saying there for energy. I'm surprised no one else had an opinion on this one.

DeletedUser282

Cut off trade with them, and cut of trade with anyone that trades with them. Send troops to support the countries surrounding then so they cant be invaded for their resources.

There economy would fail due to lack of exports and they would fail due to lack of food and clothing importation and be forced to meet U.N demands.

This could fall through though, I'll do some research and come up with a more comprehensive possible plan later.

DeletedUser

Iran should be allowed to have nuclear weapons if you actually look at the reason America and Russia have nuclear weapons

America developed nuclear weapons as a way to deal with the threat of the Soviet Union in the region. The Soviet Union the same reason but with America.

Isreal has nuclear weapons so Iran should be able to build nuclear weapons to counter-act the nuclear threat of Israel. Iran might hate Israel but the leaders are smart enough to understand that the nuclear fallout will cause more damage to Iran and allies of Iran in the area (Palestine)

Iran should be able to develop nuclear energy and weapons technology or Israel should get rid of it's nuclear weapons. This reminds me when Israel blew up Iraq's nuclear plant. Why should Israel by the only country in the region allowed to have nuclear weapons?

DeletedUser282

As far as we can possibly manage, no new countries should be allowed to create nuclear weapons, if Israel were to use nuclear weapons on Iran then most of the countries in the world would attack them, they wouldn't risk that.

The fewer people with nuclear weapons the fewer nuclear conflicts there could possibly be and the world is that much safer.

Mutually assured destruction is craziness, a similar thing was tried in world war one where everyone made massive armies so that noone would be able to attack each other and look how that turned out.

Nuclear weapons in countries that are totally defiant to the UN is a bad sign as a crazy person is more likely to get hold of them and start a nuclear war.

DeletedUser

I see what you mean but remember alot of Iran, Isreal and the middle east is corrupt how much our media.

I do believe they should have the right to produce nuclear reactors, we have them? we also use them for energy so maybe they do. We just built a few so surely its a bit of an overscare.

I believe a comprimise would be in place that a NATO/UN official watches over there progress and management of the Nuclear Reactors because if Iran denied that it would be obvious they are doing something dodgy because there would be no harm in letting someone watch them and if we stopped them without proper reason they'll hate us even more :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

I see what you mean but remember alot of Iran, Isreal and the middle east is corrupt how much our media.

I do believe they should have the right to produce nuclear reactors, we have them? we also use them for energy so maybe they do. We just built a few so surely its a bit of an overscare.

I believe a comprimise would be in place that a NATO/UN official watches over there progress and management of the Nuclear Reactors because if Iran denied that it would be obvious they are doing something dodgy because there would be no harm in letting someone watch them and if we stopped them without proper reason they'll hate us even more :icon_confused:

Iran has a developed economy like Israel. I wonder how much corruption they have

They actually allowed UN observers in to their nuclear plants and they came back with a report favouring the Iranians, saying that their heading towards Nuclear power not purposely building nuclear weapons. It's just this report was rejected by the Americans.

DeletedUser

That economy stuff doesn't matter, having an economy doesn't save you from corruption?

Also I meant like a permanent observer, to report back and that they did and rejected doesn't change the fact that is they should be allowed.