Joining a TRIBE

DeletedUser

1. When do you need to join/apply for a tribe?

2. What to look for in a tribe?

DeletedUser

well im asking if how important a tribe is at the beginning of a game.

if joining a tribe what qualities should you look for.

are you just goin to join whoever recruited you?

DeletedUser

No, but this is in the wrong section...

Joining a tribe: in my opinion, it doesn't matter at all when you join a tribe.

What to look for in a tribe: Look for the leaders experience and ask about the members. Make sure members are decent players and the leaders know what their doing.

DeletedUser

wrong section?? isnt this a guide section. im asking for a guide. o well thanks anyways.
please close this thread mod

DeletedUser

Oh I didn't know you were asking for a guide, you should have said something.

I figured you were just wondering for self purposes..

DeletedUser

1.) I suggest joining a tribe just before people start nobling. Then you can see who plans to stay there with succes, and you're also more safe.

2.) You'll want the members to be in a good position compared to yours, you'll want the members to be stronger than their closest area, you'll want the average ODA per member to be atleast 2.000 (ODA doesn't mean much before nobling), and you'll want leaders who know what their doing.

You can see if a tribe fills these requirements by using TW Stats and checking the tribe profile.

DeletedUser

My Guide

My guide;

1. Always look to join a tribe in your own K. That way you will get support when needed and you can work in groups on targets. No point being in the No 1 tribe if its nearest member is 300 hrs away.

2. Leave joining a tribe as late as possible - agree with earlier comment a good time is when your area sees nobling activity.

3. Before joining a tribe look to see what its strategy is, number of members, minimum requirements etc..anything that gives you a nice warm feeling that its well run and going places.

4. Chat with its nearest members and see how they like it..if they do not respond then that tells a story in itself.

5. Once joined dont be disappointed if it does not meet your expectations...work on it from within the tribe and you always know where the door is...

6. I would say once you are in a tribe for over a month you should stick with it till the end, whether it be merged, disbanded or destroyed.

All i can think of for now,

DeletedUser2137

this is very interesting for new players. In my humble opinion, being new to this, it depends how badly you start playing and what advantages or disadvantages you start with. I knew nothing about the game at all, nothing about the advantage of beginners protection and didn't make good use of the time. I also started right next to a person with two huge villages beside me who pounced the minute protection was off. Then I got a tribe invite which I immediately accepted and I got help from the members right away. They helped with resources, protection and teaching and it saved me from first time certain total destruction. I am a long way from where I ought to be by now, but I at least have a chance and even if I have to restart I have learned a lot from the friendly tribe I joined at the very start of the game. On the other hand it isn't the biggest on fantastically successful tribe.....but hey, together we are still hanging in there and progressing! If you have played this type of game before or have a little knowledge of what you are doing, am sure the above advice is quite right. I can only speak from my own experience. Maybe I got lucky. I may be still new to this and not yet very good but it has encouraged me to carry on enjoying the game and spreading the word for friends to try it. There are also people on here who are willing to share their expertise, teaching and encouraging newbies to improve everyone's gaming experience. (whom I would like to say a big thanks to for the patience and trouble taken).

DeletedUser

Just asked the question i was going to ask. I may a huge cock up last night i sent my troops to the wrong village ( i know stupid error) I don't even know how i did it but long story short they all died and all i wanted was a few hundred wood to build my stable!Luckily the player i attacked isn't as big or developed as me so i have spent the day rebuilding a defence force should he counter strike. I doubt he will however. So in my situation do i ride it out or join a tribe. My village is only 5 days old.

DeletedUser

Depends on your activity.

For how many hours a day are you active, or how often do you check your account?

DeletedUser

I've been off work mate so i have been at it all day logging in to upgrade and so on so forth. My area is really quiet all but 2 villages within 2 hours travel for spears (stable will be built tonight) to farm. So development is fairly slow. From tomorrow i'm back in work, so i'll be queueing things up tomorrow night and farming all day via the wife lol

DeletedUser

If you seem to be more active than your neighbours, then I suggest going all offense and solo untill nobles appear.

If not, join a promissing local tribe :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser3001

two face, I have been asked to join a squad by my peers.
and i dont know what to do, or where to go?

DeletedUser

This thread is quite old...

On Topic:

Since I've gotten in before Two-face;

You'd have to first actually recieve an invitation from that particular tribe (by squad I'm assuming a minature tribe consisting of 10-30 people).

If you haven't gotten on, find out the tribe TAG, go to Rankings at the top bar of you're in-game page, and within the "tribes" section imput the TAG in the search bar. After you've found the tribe, mail the leader/duke/baron for an invitation with you're reasons and hopefully you'll recieve an invitation within the next few minutes-hours.

After you've gotten your invitation (you can find out by checking your "Reports" [the scroll on your top bar]) click on the tribe icon [the Blue Star on your top bar]. You should then find the TAG of the tribe in your invitation section, accept and you're in the tribe! :)

DeletedUser

Nindel is so pointless, he has already been invited :icon_razz:.

Anyway, what tribe is inviting you? I can't really say anything before I know. Also, if you're already in a tribe but prefer the other one, there's a "Leave tribe" button in the "Tribal overview" in "Tribe". If you're the Duke you can disband the tribes by going to "Properties" in "Tribe".

If you ain't in a forum-active tribe, there won't be a blue sun next to "Tribe" :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser

Nindel is so pointless, he has already been invited :icon_razz:.

Anyway, what tribe is inviting you? I can't really say anything before I know. Also, if you're already in a tribe but prefer the other one, there's a "Leave tribe" button in the "Tribal overview" in "Tribe". If you're the Duke you can disband the tribes by going to "Properties" in "Tribe".

If you ain't in a forum-active tribe, there won't be a blue sun next to "Tribe" :icon_wink:.

D:

Just making sure anyway!! :mad:

On Topic: Nothing much to say really... just follow what TF said and you're pretty much set since almost everything was explained clearly there :icon_rolleyes:.

DeletedUser

When you are somewhere in the world with no friends or no premades and you are at the start of the world. You better find a heavy mass recruiting noob tribe at the start and take the advantage. How? basically its a easy job, there will be lots of noobs with many dreams of thinking that they will success, but they actually turn into nightmares :) they get collided with good players. You can find sitters easily when your off, so get one when your off and tell them the list of things to do and things not to do, they surely will follow it like a pet and be aware of doing damage to the account. (make sure you put enough information for the period of time you are away for example make 100 spears , 50 LC , farm (666,666) , just put a long list for them.) Your moving safely and your account, just don't try to attract the tribes to you and don't try applying for jobs like forum mod, baron , duke because when you will leave the whole tribe will be after you. Leaving the tribe will be done, oh yes. For that period of time you will see some good tribes successing, when your noob tribe mate bumps into some other members of tribe for farming surely a war starts :) thats a perfect timing to leave. No one will have the attention becuase they will be busy for the war. Just turn up to the tribe you saw and was attracted, and explain your experience, make sure you talk smart and your actions are smart. Most of the tribes look for that your not a refugee and you got good OD =/ if you are that experienced then you pass but if you are not, you might fail.

You can't look at the leadership unless you saw them on the forums making PNP and getting some "wohhoo , you rock! , keep it up , you will rule!" or something like that. Then that shows the smexiness of the tribe. Look for their OD rank , total members, are they mass recruiting? And when you contact to the leader, check his/her words, it will show some intelligence.

( I know its stupid of me writing, but might be usefull for noobs :icon_redface: )

DeletedUser

Quite late but meh.

It's much harder to find a sitter in a mass-recruiting tribes, they just ain't willing. In experienced tribes people are very willing to help each other though. And people will indeed notice if you leave in tome of war, that's when people pay extra attention.

DeletedUser

I think you didn;t had the proper taste of the mass-recruiting tribes, I've been there and done that. Or maybe you had a different taste, you might be right somewhere, but the way I went through was quite different. Lots of noobs were willing to grab accounts for sitting because they wanted to read mails and stuff lol.